Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default re: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDuOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
If you send me a pair I'll measure them on my scale with my spring compression jig!
I am in Europe so that is a costly adventure, but thanks for the offer
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Well choice of chassis has been made in a way I did not expect (check sig) .... thank you Tomi and Douwe

So this build is getting really serious now, I got an AX10 tranny+gears underway, my SuDuOne is cut next week or the week after. Giving me time to decide how to go about the servoplate and rear linkmount.
Also will be using the delrin lowerlinks that are optional when buying a SuDuOne chassis. For uppers I will try some CF tubes.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #23
E.Y. Designs

Very nice... Congrats on making them team I'm sure you will love working with Tomi and Douwe
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Congrats Ronald...
;)
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys, I am really stoked to be onboard the NCD team Can't wait to get the chassis and get on with it ....
Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Well ... it has been a while, but things are slooooooooowly moving along. I got my AX10 tranny+gears and some extra mini-T rears in a week ago. I will post some pics up when my chassis gets here. It is in the mail right now and will hopefully be here this weekend or beginning of next week
Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

nice build Ronald, i see you soon at Purmerend
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I have been receiving parts for the past few weeks and finally got everything together to get along with this build ... still working on the body though ... Progress ...

Chassis & Transmission

Axial AX10 Locked transmissionset
Axial spurgear 87T
Axial steel pinion 14T
NCD SuDuOne chassis

Mods:
- brass inserts transmissioncase
- shaved motorplate
- de-anodized transmission parts

I was fortunate enough to hook up with Team NCD and build up my 2.2s rig based on the SuDuOne chassis. It’s design is made by a fellow Dutchman (Douwe) and is very straightforward and very effective ! Great chassis design combined with Tomy’s topnotch machine work will lead to this ….

The SuDu1 chassis was one of the first chassis’ (perhaps the first) offered for sale by vendor with the milled out skidplate design ... extra care taken by Team NCD to save you as many grams as possible .

The skidplate also flares out below the CF sideplates to prevent damaging the sideplates when sliding on the skid.

The first pics above are with the OG chassis braces, below some pics with a alternate chassisbrace design. Doubling up the upperlinkmounts to stiffen up the chassis some more, also making the chassis symmetrical.

I really like the look of the v2 sidebraces and am going to use these for this build. Future availability of the new chassisbrace design will be probably be anounced in the vendors thread of the SuDuOne chassis, when ready. Here is a link:

NCD SuDuOne 2.2s/sportsman chassis

When I started this build my goal was to make this as “cost effective” as I could, meaning to use as many stock Axial parts as possible and only upgrade if nescesary for strenght and/or durability. Therefore I will start out with a totally stock Axial AX10 locked transmission with plastic gears, Axial spurgear and steel pinion.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
E.Y. Designs

That looks great! I always love watching your bulids cause they are soo clean and the pictures are nice and sharp Douwe showed me those new side pieces and they look great! What is the weight difference between the 2 different ones?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Thanks Everett, and yes they do look very good

I didn't get any weights at all on the chassis/tranny parts ... I'll get those when I get the upperlinks done ...
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I just finished up installing the tranny in the chassis, tolerance is extremely tight where the motor hangs over the chassis plate. There is only room for a hair …. a thin one !!

Here are some pics of the tranny mounted in the chassis ….

Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Man that looks great...cant wait to get my chassis. Considering that my shafty rtr weight
Is at 3.5 lbs with the old aluminum black widow chassis i should be under that with the Sudu one. And better performance as well
63comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Great pics. Like your detailed description. Are you going to run a body only or go bodiless?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Man that is looking good, love the v2 chassis braces. Gonna have to get a pair. I did notice a little flex in the chassis by the lower link mounts on the upright, the v2 should help minimize the flex

Last edited by joshsmith512; 03-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
joshsmith512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Great looking build Ronald! Nice work.
You only need to use a little extra spacer for the upper links. To bring it a bit more away from the chassis. Just for clearance in movement.
I hope to receive my v2 also next week. So I can prepare it for the supercrawl in Germany
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Nice pics Ronald,i love de sidebraces is that the only different beween the two verslons
I have the new skidplate and the links all
I have next week my new airbrushes body

Jan (SuDoOne Clan Holland)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63comet View Post
Man that looks great...cant wait to get my chassis. Considering that my shafty rtr weight
Is at 3.5 lbs with the old aluminum black widow chassis i should be under that with the Sudu one. And better performance as well
Thanks .... chassisweight is around 60 grams with steel hardware, so you probably will loose some weight when switchting over ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Great pics. Like your detailed description. Are you going to run a body only or go bodiless?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Oz I will run a body at first, and maybe switch over to bodyless later ... You just can't ignore the amzing looks of Tomy's redhot bodyless sportsman rig ... It is just wicked looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmith512 View Post
Man that is looking good, love the v2 chassis braces. Gonna have to get a pair. I did notice a little flex in the chassis by the lower link mounts on the upright, the v2 should help minimize the flex
The v2 braces does add strength in the upperlink mounting area's but not very much effect on torsional stiffness, it is about the same as with the OG braces. Perhaps a added chassis spacer or a CF plate between the chassisbraces will add more torsional stiffness ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Great looking build Ronald! Nice work.
You only need to use a little extra spacer for the upper links. To bring it a bit more away from the chassis. Just for clearance in movement.
I hope to receive my v2 also next week. So I can prepare it for the supercrawl in Germany
Thanks Douwe I received some 10mm delrin spacers with the sideplates, now I know where those are intended to go .... lol. I will check the clearance when working on the links and adjust if necessary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Nice pics Ronald,i love de sidebraces is that the only different beween the two verslons
I have the new skidplate and the links all
I have next week my new airbrushes body

Jan (SuDoOne Clan Holland)
Thanks Jan, and yes only difference with your chassis is the sidebraces ... Cool, I am curious how your body is going to look, who is painting it up for you ?

Last edited by Haastnooit; 03-23-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

The painter is a friend his name is Karel and the end of this week i post some pics of the body
this a Nordic Crawler Design this Orange with Silver with on the two sides the Dutch Flag with my name
and i send Tomi a mail to order the new sidebraces and i come soon to you

Jan(SuDoOne Clan Holland)

Last edited by vovo; 03-23-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Those are nice colors, be sure to post up them pics. Just let me know when you got all your parts together and want to go at it ...
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Nordic Crawler Design offers several option parts at additional cost that are designed to work with the SuDuOne chassis. One … or actually two are the 4-linkmounts Front & Rear, usely available in aluminium or CF. They probably will work with other chassis’ as well, depending on your link set-up. There is no separate vendor thread up for these, if you are interested shoot Tomy a PM about it.

I will be running CF 4-linkmounts Front & Rear, I mounted them to the axle’s tonight … check it out:

Linkmounts Front & Rear

NCD Front 4-linkmount+E-tray
NCD Rear 4-linkmount

The front plate has a nice E-tray attached to be able to mount all your electronics on the front axle. Due to the extra slots in the servoplate you can mount your servo on the left, center or right.

The complet rear axle linkmount consists of 3 parts, a CF plate and 2 delrin risers to attach the links to. I spaced up the delrin pieces with revo balls for the moment, I will be getting some taller pieces with a row of holes added when Tomy has them finished …

Those linkmounts look oh so very sharp IMO ... really happy with them

Untill now I did not get any weights of parts at all, because I am not shooting at a specific weight I sort of forgot about it … BUT … for those interested in weight … I got some pics showing the weight of the half-assembly’s I got so far … enjoy

Tags
axr10 axle, sudu, suduone, xr10 mod

Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haastnooit's YTC Secret Agent 3.5 Haastnooit Axial XR10 85 04-24-2022 12:04 PM
Team NCD Su Du One Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 132 12-21-2013 04:34 PM
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Mini AXR10 Axles?... justinart24 Tools, and Procedures 6 10-15-2012 09:28 AM
Haastnooit's Old Skool YTC BJ4 Haastnooit Axial XR10 15 09-02-2012 06:57 AM