Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDuOne

A really impressive build so far I have been running Carbon upper links on my Berg for a long time now and they have held up great I look forward to seeing your rig on the rocks.
jeepsohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Tanks for the info I have a spare set of SCX shocks laying around, might have a play around see if i can get them working nice
FesterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Very Nice Build! Super clean!
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys … apreciate it .

I made a little progress today, just finished up shaving the tires and got them mounted on to the rims. Specs, pics, chitchat below …

Wheels and tires

NCD CF glue-on wheels
VP SLW hubs (725/850)
HB Rovers (white dot)
CI DD foams

Mods:
- tire shave

When I was waiting for parts and my SuDuOne chassis, Tomy gave me a wheel template to fool around with. I spend several hours making designs to hopefully come up with a cool one for this build … My designs are more off a “traditional” type, nothing really fancy I would say … but it was fun to do, some example’s …

Classic

First and most simple design for use as traditional beadlock or glue-on wheel, V3 is more beefy and meant for a 3-ring beadlock.

Stockcar

Stockcar wheels are designed for a 3-ring beadlock only. For those who wonder what I mean with a "3-ring" beadlock, a explanation: The 3-ring beadlock design features a recessed center ring and 2 backrings to hold the tire, thus being able to use smaller VP hubs.

Sportscar

As mentioned before, V1 and V2 Sportscar wheel are meant for traditional beadlock or glue-on, V3 design is designed for a 3-ring beadlock wheel. And the one design I like the most, but I decided to try glue-on wheels for the first time, thus opted for the V2’s for this build .

I like the idea that I will be running my own design wheels. The finish on the wheels is awesome, nice and clean cuts all around … thanks Tomy !! These are now my favorite wheels .

Team NCD glue-on wheels are normally available with 2 different size of polyamid bars/standoffs, 20 or 25 mm long, making the wheel 0.8” or 1.0” wide.

I got a extra set of used HB Rovers for my SA a couple months ago and decided to use those for this build. Before mounting them to the wheels, the sidewalls had a nice “get together” with my dremel …

The tires are not glued yet, I only got the 20mm bars and like my wheels to be 1” wide, so I will change to some 25mm polyamid bars when I get them from Tomy (hurry, hurry ).

The Rovers are stuffed with some oldskool DD foams, firm inner/soft outer up front and firm inner/medium outer out back. I probably have to get some of those closed cell foams one of these days to keep up with everybody else … for now I will go with what I know …

Weights:

Last edited by Haastnooit; 04-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #85
Rock Stacker

Nice wheels design Ronald i order next month wheels for my rig. i think the last design from Douwe or Ben
i hope that this week my body ready is

Jan (SuDoOne Clan Holland)
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Great wheel write up Ronald. Dsigning wheels is very cool. I have really enjoyed it so far with the designs i have sent Tomy.

I also love the fact i have my own design on my builds. I have a heap of sketches to finalise. But really like my current design.

I tested my glue on's Monday after work and they worked great.

Keep up the good work.

My spacers as you asked are 1"/25mm.

Intrestingly although i use the new clossed cell CI Foams now like many others i also have a selection of old style ci foams. I just shaved a set of rovers myself and used the old style 5.25" duel stage foams and they work very well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 04-03-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
Nice wheels design Ronald i order next month wheels for my rig. i think the last design from Douwe or Ben
i hope that this week my body ready is

Jan (SuDoOne Clan Holland)
Thanks Jan ... I like Oz's cyclone design too, the 5 spoke version is my favorite Douwe's last one .... which one is that ?

I beat you to it with the body, I received mine tonight ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Great wheel write up Ronald. Dsigning wheels is very cool. I have really enjoyed it so far with the designs i have sent Tomy.

I also love the fact i have my own design on my builds. I have a heap of sketches to finalise. But really like my current design.

I tested my glue on's Monday after work and they worked great.

Keep up the good work.

My spacers as you asked are 1"/25mm.

Intrestingly although i use the new clossed cell CI Foams now like many others i also have a selection of old style ci foams. I just shaved a set of rovers myself and used the old style 5.25" duel stage foams and they work very well.

Thanks Oz I like your cyclone design, Douwe showed it to me few weeks ago ... I was almost tempted to go for it But the wanting to run my own design was stronger ...

I like the Ole Double D's, I believe I got them im all tires accept the BC's
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

i spoke the guy who paint my body, he said this weekend is the body ready
and i post than the pictures here and i send the pictures toe you
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Cool ... Hope my driveshafts get here soon so I can start thinking about how to place the electronics and set the body as low as possible

[edit] And I have get other rear springs .... they don't get a long well with the body Probably switch them to the MRC springs ...

Last edited by Haastnooit; 04-03-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Great job on the wheels! The tires look tall but i like it.
63comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

I did mention they were "stuffed" with foams I got these tires used, they came with 5.5 DD foams ... so that is what is in them. Tireheight in front is 133mm, the rear is 137mm with the harder foams ...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Your 25mm wide spacers shipped on Tuesday together with the updated delrin blocks for your rear 4-link mount.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Your 25mm wide spacers shipped on Tuesday together with the updated delrin blocks for your rear 4-link mount.
Got them just now, thanks Tomi Will be installing all parts tonight and also glue the tires to the rims ...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haastnooit View Post
Got them just now, thanks Tomi Will be installing all parts tonight and also glue the tires to the rims ...
That was really fast shipping!
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

You can say that again ... I think it could be a record

So after receiving some parts traveling at the speed of light from Tomi earlier today I did some work on the car tonight. I updated the rear 4-link mount with the taller delrin blocks replacing the “Oz balls” on my current setup …

On the leftside the OG blocks that normally come with the optional rear 4-linkmount, in the center OG with a added row, and on the right a taller version with the top hole equal in height with my “Old” setup. The longer screw engagement in the taller blocks, and the bigger footprint make the linkmount much more rigid, as suspected the aluminium spacer is not needed …

But I left it in … just for looks … It matches quite nicely with the new aluminium chassis spacers I installed on the rig tonight. Those are part of the Gunnar Bodymount set I got to mount the body … I replaced 4 delrin spacers for 5 aluminium ones … details on the mount-kit will follow when I got the body mounted ...

Also rebuild the wheels with the 25mm spacers to get the desired 1” wheelwidth, I did not glue them however. All the tireglue I have from my onroad days, have turned in to rock. So I have to swing by the LHS to get some new glue …

Below some pics to show off the new parts …

Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #96
E.Y. Designs

Got a better pic of those new rear upper link mounts mounted?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #97
RCC Addict

The delrin link mounts look good. I didnt get the newer versions you got now originally so i had to improvise. I talked about it with Tomi but i think we both forgot lol .

The mounts are a cleaner design than the balls i used. Might have to get some eventually as allows for more tuning options.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Got a better pic of those new rear upper link mounts mounted?
I will get some close-up pics tonight ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
The delrin link mounts look good. I didnt get the newer versions you got now originally so i had to improvise. I talked about it with Tomi but i think we both forgot lol .

The mounts are a cleaner design than the balls i used. Might have to get some eventually as allows for more tuning options.

Thanks, well then it is good I brought them back to live ... I made this drawing for Tomi, I got the nr. 3 and 4 spacer.

Nr. 4 is currently installed and equal to the height of your current setup.

The difference in height from the bottom to the center of the holes on the even and uneven blocks are different by half the distance between two rows of holes .... hope that was clear and you got what I mean to say

I think nr. 5 and 6 are a bit on the tall side ...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Makes sense. Blocks look great. Well done. Ive already mentioned to Tomi. You have also inspired me to revisit a wheel design i wanted but we didbt try innitially with Tomi. It will be revealed when i have

Keep up the good work Ronald

Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Close-up pic of the rear linkmount ...

Last edited by Haastnooit; 04-05-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Tags
axr10 axle, sudu, suduone, xr10 mod

Haastnooit's AXR10 2.2s NCD SuDu1 / SuDu1 FL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haastnooit's YTC Secret Agent 3.5 Haastnooit Axial XR10 85 04-24-2022 12:04 PM
Team NCD Su Du One Oz Bruiser Axial AX-10 Scorpion 132 12-21-2013 04:34 PM
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Mini AXR10 Axles?... justinart24 Tools, and Procedures 6 10-15-2012 09:28 AM
Haastnooit's Old Skool YTC BJ4 Haastnooit Axial XR10 15 09-02-2012 06:57 AM