Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ** Paystin's "El Nino 3" sporty build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ** Paystin's "El Nino 3" sporty build

I was excited to finally get a sportsman chassis in my hands after a LONG wait from another vendor fell through. The boys at Chaotic Crawlers came up with a new design for the sportsman crowd to get some "fun" back into driving again. They sent me the chassis about a week ago and in a mad rush to get it completed before the West Coast Shootout, I finished it up today before a business trip this week.

I'm not a take a picture in progress kind of guy because I have zero patience for that crap and I was in a time crunch on this one. I have to say though, the Chaotic team did a great job with the deisgn and finish of the chassis. Everything went together easily and fit really well together. I basically pieced this thing together with only a couple of new parts and a bunch of stuff I already had. I have to say, I am far from a "fabricator" so making some of these things work together tried my patience over the weekend. Enough about me, let's talk about me.

Love the look and stance of this thing.

My "boo" Hardknockz hooked me up with a sweet Parme Exciter body. It's weird to see an actual body on a truck seeing I've been running a bodiless for so long now. It came out great and looks pretty like me.

The sporty and Zero ready for the West Coast Shootout.

My poor Wraith and Honcho were robbed to get this thing done.

Specs in the next post.

Last edited by paystin; 03-03-2013 at 07:34 PM.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ** Paystin's "El Nino 3" sporty build

Here's some of the details.

Chaotic Crawlers "El Nino 3" chassis
Custom set of Ti links all around
Chaotic front and rear Carbon Fiber link mounts
Creation Fab axle tubes
Sidewinder ESC
Tekin 35 turn motor- 13T pinion
HiTec 7950 servo
Castle BEC
Axial SCX tranny and axles
Wraith driveshafts
Vanquish DH pro II wheels up front. SLW's in the rear (for now)
SCX shocks with Losi MINI T silvers up front and Greens in the rear.
Wraith knuckles and CHubs
Chaotic steering tie rod
SCX rear lockouts

I basically had to get this together and not worry to much about cutting weight here and there. I'm sure there will be changes after the Shootout but I did run it for a few packs and I was very happy with how it did with the initial setup. I plan on changing out the motor and ESC and probably get some sort of knuckle weight system on there instead of the wheel slugs. I might get an afternoon to really shake it down this week but that will be it before the weekend. I'm really excited to see how it does in the sportmans shootout come Friday.

Last edited by paystin; 03-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I am sure that the Wraith and Honcho understand! Looking nice!
isyeskeert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

NOOOOO! Not the Scalers!!!! haha

A worth while sacrafice for your comp rig.....

Disreguard the questions from your other build thread...lol, i found that one first.......

This thing is sweet! I am for sure gonna build a sporty for next season......that class is forsure gonna be fun! Can't wait to see it this weekend @ the Shootout!

Good luck on your trip this week!
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Sexy. Like you.

I almost stole that body when I saw it. I'm just too damn lazy to try and outrun ya.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Looking good Chris. Good luck this weekend.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

nice clean rig. the xciter is too nice to be scratched......

is that a narrowed and shaved sedona? it look great..... where can i get some?

having waited and received so much excuses from the other vendor, it must be such a refreshing changes when you receive the service from chaotic crawlers......ha ha.

Last edited by Colgout; 03-03-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
D-Wray 4 Prez!

For slapping that thing together, its a sweet ride. Can't wait to see how it does on Friday.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

im lil late just like on the zero but i am getting parts fast for my build . i have 2 months befor ecc to get mine done tho .

looks great chris now go kick there ass
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Looks good sweetie.

I look forward to running them with you in 4 days.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by isyeskeert View Post
I am sure that the Wraith and Honcho understand! Looking nice!
Thanks, they needed to sacrifice for the cause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
NOOOOO! Not the Scalers!!!! haha

A worth while sacrafice for your comp rig.....

Disreguard the questions from your other build thread...lol, i found that one first.......

This thing is sweet! I am for sure gonna build a sporty for next season......that class is forsure gonna be fun! Can't wait to see it this weekend @ the Shootout!

Good luck on your trip this week!
Thanks Derek! We'll see ya out at Horsemans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
Sexy. Like you.

I almost stole that body when I saw it. I'm just too damn lazy to try and outrun ya.
That J.D'r does good work hugh! I thought I saw some cookie prints on it when he gave it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Looking good Chris. Good luck this weekend.
Thanks Jim, same to you! This is going to be a great event with everything planned for the drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
nice clean rig. the xciter is too nice to be scratched......

is that a narrowed and shaved sedona? it look great..... where can i get some?

having waited and received so much excuses from the other vendor, it must be such a refreshing changes when you receive the service from chaotic crawlers......ha ha.
I'll handle this one nicely. Let's just say I'm VERY glad that Chaotic Crawlers came through for me like they have from day one. I can't say enough for Marc and Nick, you truly can't go wrong dealing with them.

As far as the tires go, they are shaved but not narrowed. They just take on that narrowed look when you get all the meat off the sides of them. I actually hated shaving tires at first because I screwed up to many sets but now I kind of enjoy doing it. It's funny how we buy new tires to make them look old again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
For slapping that thing together, its a sweet ride. Can't wait to see how it does on Friday.
Thanks Brisa! Like I said, I'm no fabricator so I have a whole new respect for guys that can design, cut, drill and build this stuff and still make it look pretty. See ya on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
im lil late just like on the zero but i am getting parts fast for my build . i have 2 months befor ecc to get mine done tho .

looks great chris now go kick there ass
Thanks Randy! I "thought" I had almost everything until I actually started building it. Thank god I have a bunch of extra crap lying around or this never would have gotten done in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
Looks good sweetie.

I look forward to running them with you in 4 days.
I'm gonna tear you up on Friday! You're gonna be the meat in mine and J.D's sandwich buttercup.

In all seriousness though, thank you for hooking me up with this sweet chassis and the support you guys have given us Yahoo's while running your stuff. Great, now I need a tissue.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
TSK
Shelf queen

JD told me to watch you run courses very very carefully so I know "what lines not to take."

I might have imagined him saying that, and completely made it up, but it sounds like something he'd say, so I'm sticking with it
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Wow great job
Very nice to see this chassi set up slightly different haha
Great gob once again
Wish the best to both of you here in CA
Great Kidd keep it Up and good luck !

What springs Are you running on the scx10 shocks and are they stock shock body's ?
And do you prefer them over big bores?
Thanks -Steven
steven a rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
JD told me to watch you run courses very very carefully so I know "what lines not to take."

I might have imagined him saying that, and completely made it up, but it sounds like something he'd say, so I'm sticking with it
That J.D, always kidding around like that. Just remember to hide your pudding cups and "personal lubricant" at night, he likes to get a ill' freaky deaky when there's another man in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven a rockcrawler View Post
Wow great job
Very nice to see this chassi set up slightly different haha
Great gob once again
Wish the best to both of you here in CA
Great Kidd keep it Up and good luck !

What springs Are you running on the scx10 shocks and are they stock shock body's ?
And do you prefer them over big bores?
Thanks -Steven
Thanks Steven, this weekend should be fun. I know some guys love the Big Bores (including Marc from Chaotic) but I just can't get them to work for me. The SCX shocks just seem smoother and more predictable to me. I'm sure it's the way I'm building them but I gotta go with what I like. They are stock, plastic SCX shocks with Losi Mini T (rear) springs silver in the front and green in the rear.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Woo that thing looks ready to go for shootout I'll try and not jack your tires when at shootout

Ps: if you can call or PM me with the stuff you need for shootout
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Well looky looky here. Does this mean no more Losi whine on course? No more Paystin YELLIN "LOSI BITCHES!!!" when you pull a line? Whatever will you do with the tramp stamp that reads LoSI across yer bootie cheeks? We all KNOW what ya used for the "O" in that tat.

Rig looks good ya Vanilla Gorilla. Lookin forward to both of us getting a good shakedown this weekend...on course. Cuz ya know building shizzy a few days before a big comp is how we roll. It works for that funny haired guy down in Dago so why not us?

See ya in a sec brutha.

J-Dizzle fo rizzle shizzle muh nizzle.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm gonna tear you up on Friday! You're gonna be the meat in mine and J.D's sandwich buttercup.
I love sandwiches!!!

Quote:
In all seriousness though, thank you for hooking me up with this sweet chassis and the support you guys have given us Yahoo's while running your stuff. Great, now I need a tissue.
A sad tissue or happy tissue?

I'll run all the hard lines for you guys and show you what not to do. That way you guys can make it look like you know what your doing.

I didn't know you were a losi type of girl.
You better turn that drag brake to high so it feels somewhat comfortable while driving.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Woo that thing looks ready to go for shootout I'll try and not jack your tires when at shootout

Ps: if you can call or PM me with the stuff you need for shootout
Thanks Calvin! I sleep with the tires between my legs so have at it if you really want them. I'll give you a call tonight, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Well looky looky here. Does this mean no more Losi whine on course? No more Paystin YELLIN "LOSI BITCHES!!!" when you pull a line? Whatever will you do with the tramp stamp that reads LoSI across yer bootie cheeks? We all KNOW what ya used for the "O" in that tat.

Rig looks good ya Vanilla Gorilla. Lookin forward to both of us getting a good shakedown this weekend...on course. Cuz ya know building shizzy a few days before a big comp is how we roll. It works for that funny haired guy down in Dago so why not us?

See ya in a sec brutha.

Looks who's back, back again! Glad to see you're getting some humor back in your life pumkin' patch! I didn't think you would make the "o" so big when you tattoed it on me but I guess you were hopeful you could fill it up someday.

Yep, the new truck might help me from overthinking shit and just drive. See ya on Friday love buttons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
I love sandwiches!!!

A sad tissue or happy tissue?

I'll run all the hard lines for you guys and show you what not to do. That way you guys can make it look like you know what your doing.

I didn't know you were a losi type of girl.
You better turn that drag brake to high so it feels somewhat comfortable while driving.
It's a happy tissue of course. I always have "happy tissues" when I think of you! My Losi actually worked really well for sportsman but it did whine like a bitch (just like it's owner) and was slowwwwwww. Looking forward to running this sweetness after you show me what not to do.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Awsome! thanks for the reply..
Can't wait to get my hands on one!
I'll have a set of both shocks ready for it, when I get the chassi thanks
Good luck here in Cali I hope the chassi does well for both of you! But if one does better, I'm sure they will do great, but if not we know what parts to blame! The shocks, hahaha
Thanks anyways and good luck again! Best of luck!
-Steven
steven a rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Nice work! I'm sure the scalers will forgive......eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
You silly surfer dudes and your weird Spanish....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote

** Paystin's "El Nino 3" sporty build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swezy207's sporty build "Buster" swezy207 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 07-29-2013 01:08 AM
Paystin's Chaotic "Switch" paystin Axial XR10 154 11-14-2012 05:54 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "One-off Nino" XR10 nonstopboost Axial XR10 17 09-09-2010 08:03 AM
"Chaotic Crawlers" 2009 Comp Nino Chaotic Crawlers Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 01-11-2009 10:11 PM