Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Foams...Star cut or Not to cut?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #21

Default Re: Foams...Star cut or Not to cut?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
40 for 2 tires and pry shipping on that is alittle rich for me at the moment
Well i have to quote myself on this as i just found out how awesome my wife is...we had a birthday dinner for my brother and I(he is the 13th and im the 27th) so we celebrate between our birthdays with a dinner and i got some money from the fam and she asked what i was going to buy and i told her a waterproof servo for my AX10 and maybe a few other small things as i hear the printer going and she said to go get it so i dont buy something she was already gonna get so she told me early....

it was a $90 receipt from OTTSIX for 2 pairs of Gold dot Voodoo's...How freaking awesome is that! I LOVE HER....lol

Not in stock at the moment but suppose to be back in stock tomorrow she said so we will see when they ship

On a side note i got the stage 2 done and mounted up, motor is mounted, esc is mounted, gonna get a waterproof servo, ordered a new Spek SR300wp receiver, so with softer springs in the front and on the stage 2 kit they mentioned putting a limiter in the shock to lower the ride height but i want to know where everyone gets info on shocks as i dont know what fluid to put in...i have the stock blue springs in the rear and softer red springs in the front
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
it was a $90 receipt from OTTSIX for 2 pairs of Gold dot Voodoo's...How freaking awesome is that! I LOVE HER....lol
What??? 2 pair of gold only?? It should be 2 pair of silver as well plus a variety of foam and 8 CF wheel to put the tire on........

Just kidding..... You are a lucky guy......
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
www.ottsix.com

That was quite a nice surprise!

We won't have the gold dots for another few weeks due to the fact that they had to do some work on the mold. They're correcting the A<>B problem
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
What??? 2 pair of gold only?? It should be 2 pair of silver as well plus a variety of foam and 8 CF wheel to put the tire on........

Just kidding..... You are a lucky guy......
Ya, no kidding, right?! But for her to ANYTHING RC related suprises me as i dont think she cares for them but its all i have for now til the baby is here in Aug then its all on hold...i mean, i dont drink, dont smoke, no drugs...im just a RC and full size car freak! Pretty basic guy here, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
That was quite a nice surprise!

We won't have the gold dots for another few weeks due to the fact that they had to do some work on the mold. They're correcting the A<>B problem
So they wont be in stock on the 20th like she said....dang it!!!!

What foams or foam set-up do you recommend for these tires? I guess if it will be another few weeks i got time to start figuring out foams and rims to upgrade to
Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #25
www.ottsix.com

CI DD 6", no tuning rings, on 1" wheels...I run soft/med
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #26

I sent another PM so i dont cluster up this thread....So do you know a ship date on the voodoos?
And the memory foam my truck came with arent much good for these tires then? Could always give them to my buddy for all his help
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
www.ottsix.com

Those foams won't work...at all. They're working on the mold, so it may be a few weeks on this factory order.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #28

awh man, yer killing me smalls....lmao! Thanks for all the help

Now i just need my new receiver to come so i can atleast get this thing up and going with the weekend coming near and monday being my bday...WOOT WOOT
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #29

ok got all the parts to get it up and running for the first time while i wait for the Voodoo gold dots to ship, but got the CI foams and holy crap are those huge! SO...instead of taking them all apart if i want to swap i bought the Axial rockster rims so go along with the CI foams and Voodoo tires and will run the stock treads for tooling around and whatnot.

So my next question is...when i get the rims and tires in, DO I WEIGHT THEM??? i did on stock rims since they were apart anyways and toying around it wouldnt hurt

Foams...Star cut or Not to cut?! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help....stock tires cut foams or no foams? Jcplante Redcat Crawlers 8 08-22-2011 07:32 AM
cut stock foams, or buy foams? marvinbeaverdip Tires and Wheels 4 01-20-2011 12:55 PM
cut or no cut foams sully50 Tires and Wheels 1 04-10-2010 05:04 PM
Star Cut Foams Rockrookey Newbie General 14 12-28-2007 04:29 PM
Foams, and how to cut them. reedpowell33 Tires and Wheels 4 12-09-2004 10:52 AM