Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial AX10 a.k.a Mår Bazhaag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial AX10 a.k.a Mår Bazhaag

I'm back from the last crawling comp before The Nordics.

We had really nice place to crawl in southern part of Finland.

Endless grippy rock and good places where to put gates. And the weather was really warm and sunny. Perfect day!

We also broke the finnish record in the drivers of 2.2 Shafty. Twelve in total!

Going for the first gate on course one.

First course went well, and I got a decent lead to the second already in there.

Rig is now working 110% the way I want. That's no good news for the opponents.

Tricky downhill on course three. I falled off from the rock two times and then I finally got the right line to deal with it.

Going to the finishing gate on course three.

The comp went really well. Really confident about the rig's performance now. It's just driving from now on. I won't change it anymore.

Here is course five with repeat bonus. First time I was able to go for it all nine times!

I will be doing some training before the Nordics. Just to keep up the pace.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 05-27-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech View Post
Rig is now working 110% the way I want. That's no good news for the opponents.
You beat me big time. I should be training now also.. But i'm sickfor two weeks already.

Nice results friend
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:05 AM   #83
RCC Addict

One more comp before the Nordics! Supercrawl in Germany next weekend. Never drived in 2.2's at Supercrawl, but this year I got the chance!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #84
DravTech

Quote:
One more comp before the Nordics! Supercrawl in Germany next weekend. Never drived in 2.2's at Supercrawl, but this year I got the chance!
I feel sorry for the other drivers... good luck
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:19 AM   #85
RCC Addict

So finally back from The Supercrawl and the Nordics. Somehow, I really didn't get a proper touch in either of the comps. Let's hope that more training will help towards the Nationals in september.

3rd in Supercrawl after Timo (Nordschleifenkaiser) and Stephan (ZZR 1100 Racer), which both are extremely good drivers. Still happy somehow of the podium.

2nd in The Nordics after Sven (Dampfsti) who is overall one of the best drivers in europe. Nordics went much better, than Supercrawl, but I am not completely satisfied after amazing start of the season.

Here is the shafty final course by me from the Nordics. Managed to climb from fifth to the second position.

More videos and data coming.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #86
RCC Addict

FINALLY it's time to sum up the comps in this month. First we headed to German Supercrawl with an open mind and full of confidence. First let's look some pics:

Here is the rig on course two.

Course two as well. I was the first to make the tight turn without a reverse.

Same course. Going for the bonus.

Course three where my driving finally improved.

Video corner!

Course 1 - I may had been over confident of my skills and waaay too condifent of the grip, cause this course did let me down bad time... On gate four at first I falled of from the rocks, but was able to climb back again. On the second try I managed to stay on the rocks, but rolled over to the gate. Then I tried to drive it up and the steering link let loose and I had to take repair. I just thought there, that is this one of these comps... When I finally got it back on the course I got stuck in small hole and took another reposition. Luckily I was able to drive it to the finishing gate. Not my course, not at all.

Course 2 - This course went a lot better than the first. All that I'm not so happy about is the hitting the gate five. But it was tricky gate with narrow tires thought.

Course 3 - This course I'm really proud of. No bigger drama there.

Course 4 - The Stubby course I would say! It was way too fun to make full throttle turns in this course. Really good one!

The results. I'm still pissed off from that course one. Just stupid mistakes one after another. Good thing is I managed to keep my head cold on the rest of the courses and did not fall too much on the scoresheet. Timo and Stephan were better this time. Can't wait for the next time!

Here's top three. 1.Timo 2.Stephan 3.Me

Overall I'm happy that I made the trip to Germany. Was really refreshing to see familiar faces and good friends over the weekend. Big thanks to the organization who made an awesome comp.

Next challenge was to go for The 2014 Nordics in Finland. 20 drivers from all over the Europe attending to this comp. This was going to be a really high level comp with tight results.

Saturday morning wasn't sunny. But it was not raining either. Let's start!

Course one. Easy!

"Guys you see, you have no chance, I'm the best driver in the world..."

Course three. This was the tricky course of the day.

Stubby making it fly!

Gate four was too tricky for me this time.

Fourth course was challenging but not impossible for sure. I did hit one gate on the way.

Finals course!

Look at the rig you dumbass!!

I was really happy about the finals course performance.

offipaita.fi course (-30/-30) - This course was a good warm up. That's all I have to say about it.

Krawler Konceptz course (-30/-30) - Another warm up course?

Team Ottsix course (-11/-30) - This was by far the hardest course of the day. I was the first to go and was nervous of it without a reason. I had plenty of time after gate nine, but still wasn't confident enough to clear bonus 2. I hit the gate four, since it was really tricky to get the rig in good position to hit the throttle. But other than that, I'm happy of this performance as well.

Nordic Crawler Designs course (-20/-30) - It was all going really well until the gate four. I was driving too fast and the rig started to roll, and then there was nothing I could do. "Hurry up, but don't screw the lines man!"

RC4WD Final course (-27/-50) - I'm satisfied of how this course turned out as well. Only thing is yet again the gate four. Didn't have enough speed to climb it at the first try. I came to the finals from fifth position and managed to climb to the second position, so I'm really happy about that of course! And this was a proper final course, no shootout.

Here are the results. Sven was way better this time. Huge congrats dude, and it was really nice to comp with you again!

Top three. 1.Sven 2.Me 3.Manu.

This rig has now position one from 2011 and two from 2014 in The Nordics!

I had awesome weekend with the mates from Finland, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Estonia, Switzerland and Germany! Thanks to all who was able to come in the cold north! See you in the Nationals in RI!

Next comp will be our local club comp on saturday. Until then!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 06-25-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Brilliant job.

Fun to watch, and fun to read your commentary.

Thanks for posting all this cool video.
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCrackhead View Post
Brilliant job.

Fun to watch, and fun to read your commentary.

Thanks for posting all this cool video.
Thanks for your thoughts! I will post every performance on video in these bigger events and all the smaller ones one video will be enough. It's lot of work for doing all this but it's much more fun to read afterwards!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Hey Samu,

do you had any problems with the FutabaServo yet?

Regards
braune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by braune View Post
Hey Samu,

do you had any problems with the FutabaServo yet?

Regards
No, nothing so far. Loving it. Allthought I have heard, that the new ProTek is even better?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, nothing so far. Loving it. Allthought I have heard, that the new ProTek is even better?
Small Offtopic, sorry:
Thanks for the reply:thumbup:
My Futaba Servo got broken (gears broken and the electronics are over) so the dealer said that this is a "Problem-Servo" and the repair would be more expensive than a new one.
I loved it, too. Helped me at SC a lot.

Sent from my SONY Xperia Z using Tapatalk 2
braune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

I haven't tried either servo, I'm a Hitec guy.. Run/ran a 7980 in my 2.2p an 2.2s up until the NENQ.
At which time I got there Friday for some practice an my 7980 in my pro rig went bad on plug in.
So I swapped in the new HH V2 servo..
572oz an 0.13 steering at 8.4v. Full alloy case, waterproof, full ti gears and at only 90$!!
it drove me to a 1st place podium and I didn't even realize I was missing my 7980!! And it's Fast!

Ok, off to watch some Samu video's.. ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Allthought I have heard, that the new ProTek is even better?
Ordered a ProTek 170T on sunday,-very excited to test it out
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Again time for updates!

We had the fourth local comp of the year at Jyväskylä, Finland two weeks back. First proper summer weather of the year! Woohoo!

This time only three drivers in the shafty class. But it was good training and fun!

The RFOT camp of the day.

We slept in our cars on that night. Some beer, barbeque, soccer and crawling. What could be better?

Course two in video. Fun course for sure. Too bad that final gate...

I got it again. Really good comp and tons of good training.

Next time the rig is on action on saturday in the next Finnish Series comp at Kotka. Should be intresting for sure!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #95
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Fast, faster, SAMU...great run and congrats on the win
Looks and sounds like a lot of fun with friends
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #96
Rock Stacker

That was one of the best rc weekends I've ever had. Thanks brothers!
RcLegionProd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Tech time Samu..
I looked thru the thread from the time you got ur laalaa's.. But didn't find the answer..

What is the foam setup ur running?

Thanks
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:09 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
What is the foam setup ur running?
I've got LaaLaa's magic foam setup! To be honest LaaLaa made them for me when I told him the weight of the rig. I really don't have a clue what's inside them. Seems to be working thouhg. You can PM LaaLaa for the best options for your rig.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Saturday we had third Finnish RC Crawling Series Comp in Kotka.

Comp quarry looked awesome, as well as the weather yet again. Lot's of grippy rocks to conquer!

Courses were really tough. This was from the first course, which was meant to be "easy shakedown" course. Ohh well, it wasn't.

Grip was stunning on these rocks!

Going for the bonus gate!

It was really tight comp this time, but I was able to pull the first position!

Otto a.k.a wompatti drove awesome again. He was already in the finals of the Nordics with slightly old school rig, but when the driver knows what he is doing, there's no matter what are the specs of the rig. I'm really glad that there is still so much talented drivers in Finland! Maybe in the future he will be on the battlegrounds abroad as well?

Clip from the course five, which was the winner decider this time.

Next comp will be on 2nd of August. There's only three more comps before the Nationals. Should continue training...
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Time for updates! We drove the fourth comp of Finnish RC Crawling Series on saturday. Another great day for me.

Cool comp site and really well organized competition! It's really rare in Finland, that we can have buffet and even some crowd, since this comp site was in park at beautiful coastal town Rauma in western Finland. BIG THANKS to the organizers!

Here is the course number one on video. Clear run for me there. Good way to start the comp!

At the end I took the victory number four from the fourt National series comp. Good day for me. Only couple of stupid mistakes involved.

Here are the results. With this victory I took the Finnish National Series title for the first time in Shafty class! And there's still one more comp left.

Next comp will be our team Olympics! Once in four years we drive 10 course competition to make out the best driver of our team. Should be really fun weekend. After that there's only one comp left before we leave to the Worlds!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 08-04-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Axial AX10 a.k.a Mår Bazhaag - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Axial AX10 Trannys shipping *** PLUS AX10 Straight Axle Giveaway*** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 142 12-19-2007 03:57 PM
Axial Scorpion AX10 Axle Give-A-Way **Free AX10 Axles*** Rockpiledriver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 297 08-27-2007 06:15 AM