Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: BmachineRC EVO 2.2S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: BmachineRC EVO 2.2S

The tubes give the impression that they're smaller and should be providing more clearance also. Of course this is only because the AX housings flare out from the diff to the tube ends rather than having actual tubes like the AR's.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Got another update.....it's pretty much done I still gotta do a few things to the tranny like CF motor plate and 32p gears. I am also doing the double female wild boar driveshaft on the rear.

On to the good stuff....pics

I got all the electronics mounted on a piece of polycarbonate thats bolted to the upper link mount. My heat shrink didn't work so it was the good ol wrap of electric tape till I can get some better heat shrink this week.

As you can see everything is up in there and nothing is interfering with each other

The drag link is up high and as close to the front axle as possible

Here you can see the ground clearance from the axle shave

A side view of the rig with my practice body now (thanks to Crawllife) and my trusty SSZ wheels with my narrowed silvers for now

Another view of the steering above the links

So I am down to finishing out the aluminum hardware and tuning my springs and oil.....and......and.....it never really ends

Last edited by M_ENERGY; 11-09-2013 at 08:48 PM.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

First off I have to say it's still strange to see you with a build thread Next...the rig is looking great...can't wait to see what you can do with it. Nice job on the shock risers too

Last...what's up with the blue servo? How are you liking it copared to the usual 7950?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
First off I have to say it's still strange to see you with a build thread Next...the rig is looking great...can't wait to see what you can do with it. Nice job on the shock risers too

Last...what's up with the blue servo? How are you liking it copared to the usual 7950?
Well I took it out on the rocks this past Thursday (boost mobile location) and it crawled every line we have ever done with our pro rigs. Obviously I know the line, but still the truck pulled it off with little effort. I want to take it down to falls park so I can try all the lines down there

Yes the shock risers are made out of some carbon fiber and I am gonna make rear CF mounts to. That will get my rear completely dialed in.

As for the servo...I love it!! It barely gets warm where as my 7950 would be a little hot. Thinkin about running one on my XR
Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Ha your XR wouldnt know what to do with a new servo!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

My buddy crackhead has the same servo from the looks of it. And its a beast super strong over 500oz and lightning fast to boot.
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ha your XR wouldnt know what to do with a new servo!
Saw the XR at GSS. Servo owes him nothing
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Saw the XR at GSS. Servo owes him nothing
Haha it has served me well!! I am just now getting it to where it slides over rocks easier......kinda gotta knock the edge off of these to get them to their full potential
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Now you're gonna need to post a picture of it somewhere...
Old 11-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Updates?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

What's going on with rig I've been waiting patiently
Old 12-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

It was running the last time I saw it so Im expecting to see it our comp this weekend...when I beat it and it's driver
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It was running the last time I saw it so Im expecting to see it our comp this weekend...when I beat it and it's driver
Well tell it's driver we want pictures
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Yeah that's not very likely...you'll notice the only pictures you'll see of his rigs are sitting still. I don't think anyone at our local comps takes pictures...guess we've just gotten lazy about that.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #35
BDN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Soooo, how did that work out ?
BDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Updates?
Define updates???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.martell View Post
What's going on with rig I've been waiting patiently
Sorry to keep

Quote:
Well how did that work out for ya? Honestly thought you probably had me beat at the comp. I have been expecting a win from ya anytime now

Quote:
Well tell it's driver we want pictures
Well like Ryan said as a club we have been very slack on getting this done. Our buddy Mike takes pic for us, but he don't run sportsman so he heads out after pro class. I did get a new phone today so the plan is to take more pics and video with it.......we will see how that works out

Quote:
Yeah that's not very likely...you'll notice the only pictures you'll see of his rigs are sitting still. I don't think anyone at our local comps takes pictures...guess we've just gotten lazy about that.
Yep we need to take the initiative at the next comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
Soooo, how did that work out ?
Yes I have been busy with life the past several weeks which kinda got me behind on keeping up with my threads and I was building another pro rig for a friend.

Anyways the second time I drove it I had a little to much droop in the rear in allowing the rear to feel like it was walking under the truck. This is partially due to running all 7075 links. They will flex more in a bind than the titanium. So the night before the comp I limited the rear .200" which puts the total limiting on my rear shocks to .400" now it's not drooping out near as much, but I still have enough flex. I don't like insane amounts of flex especially in something that torque twists easily. This is still my first axial sportsman rig so still learning how to combat the torque twist. I ran the mini-t silvers on the rear and pinks on the front with 50wt oil. I needed to start somewhere, but it was very predictable with this initial/quick setup. The suspension is really smooth throughout the entire cycle and the shocks are compressing equally through the cycle as well (not sure if that hurts or helps) but I always seem to find a climb that needs one or the other so I go with what we deal with most of the time.

So as far as the comp goes the truck was just easy to drive (best way I can explain it). It felt like I drove it a hundred times. The motor is awesome as well it was super smooth on startup and that's what I need for our gates down here especially if Ryan is setting them up. Very tedious/precise crawling at times at our local comps. Soooo the whole combination really worked for me at the comp. Taking home 1st place for the first time I drove my own EVO 2.2S rig....not to mention I drove BDN's rig at our last comp and got 1st with it. So I am very excited to see how the season turns out and all the big events as well!!

Thanks BmachineRC for giving me the opportunity to excel with a great product!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Well how did that work out for ya? Honestly thought you probably had me beat at the comp. I have been expecting a win from ya anytime now
Not too well...

However I'm sticking with my claim that I'm simply having fun at our local comps and leaving the nerve wracking, nail biting, beat down for the larger comps Even though it was WET, and quite chilly I still enjoyed it although it was disappointing to have so many guys drop out early.

BTW...goes without saying, but great driving!

Last edited by ittybitty; 12-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Well here is some more "action shots"
Just wanted to post pics of the new lid and some of how the suspension is working out being limited now.

Here is the suspension compressed
Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

What are your thoughts on the evo chassis.? How is it preforming? Likes dislikes?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the evo chassis.? How is it preforming? Likes dislikes?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Well I have been crawling with BDN for a good year now and he had already developed the evo chassis for himself so I have been around it a lot....A LOT! As far as design the chassis is very well thought out and has been tried and true for so long. I wasn't taking a shot in the dark thats for sure. Heck when I made the switch I wasn't able to get my truck going before the comp so BDN told me to drive his. I have never drove his and managed to pull of a win. Anyways I was running the ringer the whole time when were practicing and several times during practice I would find something challenging and have him go try it and it would be a piece of cake. I was just comparing rigs and not driver. Just a climb that its up to the truck to make it. I was running a losi so I would try to find climbs where torque twist would hurt, but he still walked it. So that's when we started talkin!! I had been wanting something new and I wanted to run an axial rig mainly for the ease of maintenance and good overdrive. As far as dislikes I have yet to find any dislikes with this chassis. Its very stable and easy to drive. It's a point and shoot truck as of right now. I can only imagine by the end of this season to see how it progresses. I am gonna lighten up my tranny to help get COG lower but that's it for now. Just wanna get more wheel time in

BmachineRC EVO 2.2S - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Delrin Shock Sliders* from BmachineRC BDN Chassis and Suspension 22 08-23-2016 07:34 PM
BB Brace from BmachineRC BDN Chassis and Suspension 13 08-13-2016 04:24 PM
HPI RS4 Evo 3 Tommi Makinen Evo VI Rally Car. monkeyracer Rally 34 10-14-2014 08:55 PM