Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
Fifth dimension

So I believe I'm going to try max shafts instead. With a quick shot from a drill, the through set screw at the axle gives me some confidence. Not mip confidence but not mip weight either. Instead of drilling the trans out put to accommodate the long set screw, I'm going to simply cut it down or see if I have one here that will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #22
Fifth dimension

Not much to look at yet but my NCD narrow trans came today. Should have it built tomorrow.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch

Great work David, nice parts all around Keep going
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #24
Fifth dimension

Ok guys, here comes the power. They are out of stock but thanks to my new sponsor Custom Fiber and Holmes retailer, I was able to get mine today. This is the HH 30t 400 puller. One bad, stubby

Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #25
Fifth dimension

Electronics plate mounted

Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Stop taking pictures and get back to building. Between you and Troy this should have been finished 3 hrs ago.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #27
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Stop taking pictures and get back to building. Between you and Troy this should have been finished 3 hrs ago.
Maybe the "Hawaiian time" I operate on rubbed off on them.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

If you know David as well as I do his OCD has kicked into FULL GEAR by now. There is no slowing him down. That is unless he forgot to match up the color of the hardware on the rig. In that case it is all in parts again.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

With how pretty this rig is he's gona have to clean the rocks before he runs the course... lmao.. JK...
Great job on the build/parts... we expect nothing less then podium finishes from this rig...
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #30
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Maybe the "Hawaiian time" I operate on rubbed off on them.
If that's the case they got a long ways to go since they've got a 6 hr difference from you LOL... Truck is looking killer David Tires for it are done shipping next week

Last edited by EverettY; 03-15-2014 at 08:55 AM.
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
With how pretty this rig is he's gona have to clean the rocks before he runs the course... lmao.. JK...
Great job on the build/parts... we expect nothing less then podium finishes from this rig...
He'll be out there with his dustbuster and handi-wipes.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

All kidding aside, David has done a great job and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with this awesome rig.

Pst, David don't forget to check and make sure Troy tightened all the hardware.

Also don't forget to post your build thread on EPARCC.

Last edited by Jslick; 03-14-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #33
Fifth dimension

Motors mounted up. 87/16 gearing

Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I think your pit crew bolted the motor to the wrong trans...
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
I think your pit crew bolted the motor to the wrong trans...

UGH, and that green is horrible with all that blue.
You should just give me that tranz and the MIPs.

Last edited by Jslick; 03-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #36
Fifth dimension

Last pics of the day. Hard to explain everything because there was a lot of " maybe" and " trial and error" here. Trans mounted backwards I an attempt to get the motor weight forward like a new " modern day trans". Not because I'm cheap;), it's because we are working on an adaptor plate to accommodate a narrow carbon trans. Mission accomplished here to get started and until the plate is complete. This puller 400 was the perfect motor for this experiment. I hope you can also see the electronics arrangement. Mini br, esc and spektrum rx all on the NCD plate. HH servo off to the side and tons of room to FINALLY have a batt in a convenient location for me. This motor has gobs of torque, speed yet a controllable slow throttle even with the " less than stellar " dx3c I'm using to rock it. Servo wire needs a major trim, and I have a set of carbon uppers in the works. Oh, and I finally decided to go mip. It was tough with the weight but with this monster of a motor hiding in such a small package, I don't have much of a choice. I need to figure the steering out. I may switch to a straight link, tuck it up under the horn more and have the drag under the steering arm and over to the horn. We will see. Just waiting on tires, and to find a painter..... Rubber should be here Wednesday and I'll be rolling. Thanks for looking!!

Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #37
TSK
Shelf queen

That otor is so tiny! You sure you didn't accidentally purchase a mini class motor?

Looks like you can remove the three 6mm spacers on the motor side brace.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

What the hell happen here!? The guy slave drives me all day and he's posting and playing build thread master... Sheesh!
At least he fed me.. Tho if it wasn't for his wifey, I would of only got bread and water... Haha..

Its was a great day today, getting to hang out with David and do some building. I even got to swing thru one of our club comp spots, Palmerton, and run a few packs before I got to his house.

I'm not sure of these "maybe" and "trial an error" he is talking about tho! I used one of them slidey thingy's, with the digital numbers on it, to take precise measurements to mirror the tranz and Know the motor would fit like that.. ;)

I also tried talking him out of them horrible green spacer's! Of course everything was bolted in and I had moved on by the time I realized the other tranny had nice gray ones.. "But that tranny will only be in for a few weeks"... I'm sure hoping this OCD you all are talking about kicks in and David does change them out! Hint, hint, cough, cough........

Speaking of OCD... I had a little anxiety, just sitting down at his work bench! Then after half hour or so, I had zero issue with making a mess of the place! Haha.. I should have got a pic of that!!!

Now get them sexy wheels mounted to them Shift hubs an make it a roller already...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:40 AM   #39
Fifth dimension

I'm glad you guys are all having as much fun as I am with this. Tapped out is on to something with rock disinfectant. I think it's great that my club buds are making their way over to visit this off season. John, Troy and I'm hoping my boy Brian will be over this week. He at least understands my OCD and how to clap out the syllables to " organization" haha!! And for what it's worth from my little wise cracking Everett, I built today too. I do hire mechanics, but that wasn't what today was about. Just a little insite into how to get me fired up at 2:30 am, congratulate someone else on how my rig is turning out. I love you like a brother, but I'll announce if someone is building my rigs . I'm grateful Troy jumped in on my sporty trans today. I may not have thought of the creative way that killer motor went in. I couldn't trick Slick into any building when he was over. I'm hoping Brian can free up sone time to help me knock out 2 rigs of wiring this week and we are there. A few parts from EY and that's it;). Time to scratch them up. Once my build thread in the berg section is updated, that will be a good time to for everyone to thank Erik D at Dlux. HE gets the credit for building a majority of that rig do to my schedule and other unavoidable circumstances. Troy, thanks for reminding me the word I was looking for was " mirroring ". I'm shot. Good night all!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #40
RCC Addict

I thought I stayed up too late last night......

3:40am???

Get some sleep man!

(very cool rig)
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cboggs' 5th D Sucker Punch cboggs Axial AX-10 Scorpion 299 10-06-2018 02:24 AM
Marzzz23's.... 5th D Sucker Punch... winnerone23 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 54 10-30-2015 09:05 PM
Chevotafun 5th D Sucker Punch chevotafun Axial AX-10 Scorpion 33 08-22-2014 03:49 PM
Rottenbellys sucker punch. rottenbelly Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 03-09-2014 05:22 PM
8-454's Numero dos! My take on the Sucker Punch 8-454 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 110 09-14-2013 08:53 AM