Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My NENQ Prodigy Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My NENQ Prodigy Project

Gonna be a nice looking rig fer sure Brian. Can't wait to see the finished build.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #22
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
Absolutely. And I know Travis isn't offended in any way, but some people only see the negatives in every situation.

Titanium showed today and once I get David's little mini monster squared away, some updates I will have.
The last sentence of this paragraph sounds like you were channelling Yoda. No wonder your builds are so sick. You use the force!
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
Gonna be a nice looking rig fer sure Brian. Can't wait to see the finished build.
Thanks Andy. Good thing you are making the NENQ to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
The last sentence of this paragraph sounds like you were channelling Yoda. No wonder your builds are so sick. You use the force!
I'm glad someone picked up on that.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #24
RCC Addict

A big thanks to David for toting a virgin Xciter body along with him on his visit today. Always a great time hanging with that cat and once we were finished with his mini, I jumped right into the blank canvas of lexan. I wanted something simple for the new rig and thought it only right to represent EPARCC at the NENQ.

Only thing left for the Prodigy at this point is wiring it up. More pictures to come once the sun comes up.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
Fifth dimension

Yesterday was a chill day. I'd also like to say that you did one hell of a job getting my mini wired up. And for me to spell EPA right was icing on the cake. Sometimes you just have good days. Oh, your mom is is sweetest damn woman on earth. I hope for the worlds sake she's around for a very long time. Liz didn't want her conversation to end with her.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Thanks for the kind words brother. Got around to laying some solder on my own electronics this morning. Should have this thing powered and 98% finished by the time I go to bed tonight.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Old 06-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

that looks goooood!

mmm tasty.
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Looking badass Brian! I'm stoked to have so many Prodigy's running around at the NENQ! It's gonna be fun!
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Thanks Jimmy. It's gonna be a great time for sure. And thanks for designing and offering such an awesome setup. I'm very happy with this chassis already and it hasn't even been tested yet.:thumbup:
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #31
Fifth dimension

Jimmy didn't ask me if I wanted to be one of the cool kids. I must say, spending a day with one over the weekend, there is a lot I like about it. The triangulation of the lowers for one. The shock arms for another. The bta set up may require some tweeting ( if it were mine ) but all n all, super impressive.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Jimmy didn't ask me if I wanted to be one of the cool kids. I must say, spending a day with one over the weekend, there is a lot I like about it. The triangulation of the lowers for one. The shock arms for another. The bta set up may require some tweeting ( if it were mine ) but all n all, super impressive.
You my friend need to stick with one rig for at least a season.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #33
RCC Addict

I'm interested to hear your idea for the BTA David. Input is surely always a good thing.:thumbup:
Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

This B.T.A. steering is tried and true and easy as pie...
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Very happy with my BTA set up. OOps, I let the cat out of the bag. LOL
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
You my friend need to stick with one rig for at least a season.
Drive time is the key.. Changing is ok, If the drive time is put in to it before and after the change...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #37
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
That's it. Next chassis you get from me will have parallel lower links, and one shock position and upper link position per corner
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #38
Fifth dimension

This forum is getting fun again. I've actually enjoyed logging on the last couple of weeks. Thanks guys. John, this is the longest I've stuck with chassis. I may have a problem. The bta comment wasn't a cut by any means. I have so much crap loaded up on the front of mine that any attemp at something similar didn't work. Hence the " if it were mine" comment . I'm hoping my drive time shows at our qualifier Troy. I'm just not so sure I'll be as committed ( or want to be outside ) as you.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #39
Fifth dimension

I'd also like to mention that thanks to notch eight, I did get one bta set up to work this week. Killer work and my rigs wouldn't were they are without you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I'm long over due for any sort of update with this. Finally have a couple of things to tell so here goes. The NENQ was a wicked fun time and there were a lot of great drivers. The Prodigy was working fairly well (I say fairly due to my own setup issues). Two of my three courses weren't finished because of a front driveshaft popping out mid run. The time I ate up fixing it left me about 6 feet from gate 10 on both when time ran out. After talking with Jimmy about weight, I added two more half rings to the front before running my last 2.2S course of the day. Between gate 1 and gate 2, I knew right away it was a good decision. Luckily I didn't have an issue with the driveshaft separating and with the 2 CRAZY bonus gates on Course 3, I came off with a -36, 3rd best for that course.

Here's a couple of the Bonuses:

Walking away from the day, I started planning a different approach to setup. I did away with the modded WB8 in the front and replaced it with an RC4WD Punisher shaft I picked up cheap.

Turned out to be a perfect fit.

With the driveshaft issue fixed and the weight just right in the front end, I decided to go back to something I've trusted for some time. White Dot Rovers. Had a slightly used set lying here and glued them up to some CI 6 Bolt wheels.

Took the rig out for some practice yesterday and it was working amazingly well. All in all I believe the setup is right where I want it at this point. More drive time will be the deciding factor. Gotta give another big thanks to TURBOFEST for designing such a sick chassis.

Last edited by AddictedtoRC1; 07-14-2014 at 08:14 PM.

My NENQ Prodigy Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snipers Prodigy sniper Axial AX-10 Scorpion 95 02-14-2015 02:33 PM
Red Rockcrawlers PRODIGY SPORTSMAN Red Rockcrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 58 02-13-2014 02:35 PM
CTG - Drifting with Prodigy D Crawler Ted Non Crawler RC's 1 02-10-2014 09:56 PM