Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: CrawlrKing's Sporty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default CrawlrKing's Sporty

I waited a long time before starting a build on that class. I sure loved the way some rigs looked here and worked on vids but wasn't completely sold on the way I could source all the parts for a complete new base and also maintain it on the same level as my pro truck. Seeing my bud OLI972's sporty rock, I finally gave up and jumped onto an already working one on the classifieds (Thx Rcjunky !)

As soon as I got it, I began working on the way I wanted it to be and it was at the end pretty easy to get it that way as the base was already pretty solid and efficient... Judge by yourself :

Chaotic Crawlers El Nino chassis with titanium links
AX10 trans with all steel gears and outdrives, Tomi carbon motor mount, Don Hughes titanium shafts, 3Racing gear adapter, Robinson 87t Axial machined spur gear, Robinson 20t aluminum pro pinion.
AX10 front axle with 36/14 gears, Gripfab spool, Creation fab premium splined tubes, VP xr10 vvd's, VP black wraith knuckles, VP black xr10 c hubs, Nordic designs weight system, 2 full outer and 2 half inner = 3.28 oz per side, Chaotic xr10 titanium steering link, CW xr10 steering arms.
AX10 rear axle with 43/13 gears, Gripfab spool, Creeperbob ax10 titanium axles.
Axial wb8 drivelines
Axial scx10 shocks 40wt oil all around
Losi mini-t silver springs front
Losi mini-t green springs rear
Castle sidewinder micro esc
Hitec 7950 servo
Castle bec
Creation fab bec bypass adapter
Holmes Hobbies 16t crawlmaster
Futaba r614ff receiver
Gens Ace 450 3s lipo
Losi boss claws, trimmed and shaved, red compound w/crawler innovations 4.25 dual stage old school foams front
Losi boss claws, trimmed and shaved, red compound, stock memory foams rear
Mthead custom beadlock wheels, with Hulksta carbon faces 5/8 inside spacers by Snail78
VP 650 slw hubs front
VP 725 slw hubs rear
Parma Exciter body with Krawler Konceptz inside skins
Aluminum and Titanium screws throughout

Now, what changed since that :

The chassis : it's now a 5th D Sucker Punch with sway bar brackets. Of course, the DLux sway bar was added to it. A couple of magic Wands and somme Gunnar mounts completed the awesomeness of this simple sweet chassis. Had a nice new AX10 body laying there that was cut to perfect fit....

The shocks : I went with Big Bores to solve the leaking problem - I plan on adding some Velvets when I can -.

The axles : Went with brand new housings, rcbros splinned tubes and some repositioning of some elements - esc, receiver -. I swapped the servo for a newer and more powerful Protek 170T

the tires : Voodoo style all around now, comp cut 6.0 CI DD foams on front, normal 5.5 CI DD foams on rear.

Now pics of the Beast !

CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #2
5th D Owner/Driver

Default Re: CrawlrKing's Sporty

Very nice, set up looks real good.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks Chris !
You're right, I really love the way it works, very smooth, almost silent... I forgot to precise that today I swapped the WB8 driveshafts for some Carbon Steel Junfac ones. Some say they are very satisfied with them, others only rely on Mips... For me, time will tell as they were originally for a scale I'm building but ended to be somewhat short...
I also want to try a longer servo arm to get the most of my steering and avoid it to stop its travel on the base of the servo's case.
Then, we'll follow up with testing and I may end with a puller 400 motor in place of that Crawlmaster 13t.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Very nice build! This is one of the best looking chassis on the market.

And nice throw back body! I have thought about putting my old green one on my sporty.. Just never have gone thou with it.. Hmmmm
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Very nice build! This is one of the best looking chassis on the market.

And nice throw back body! I have thought about putting my old green one on my sporty.. Just never have gone thou with it.. Hmmmm
I must agree !!! simple, balanced and pretty efficient... I also have a pristine green one Wanted to sell them a few months ago but when I began thinking on building my 2.2s, I kept them... Beside the ducky look, it's nice but I dream of a BC Paints job on an Xciter body or regret Rocktrasher's masterpieces. Winnerone had a great one he was looking to sell and thought about it but that thing was too precious to be beaten up...

CrawlrKing's Sporty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlrking's rodeo (BULLY 2) CrawlrKing RC4WD Bully 92 07-30-2014 11:13 PM