Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Prodigy for the little lady.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Prodigy for the little lady.

Here is my build for the missus. My Suckerpunch is awesome, but my lady needed a shafty to drive also. Since I originally ordered this chassis for myself, but it took so long to arrive, I built an immediately available Suckerpunch for myself (thank you Travis, chassis is awesome, and price was amazing), and decided when this chassis came in, I would build it for her.

Here is my Cappu engineering stainless steel driveshaft cut down on the rear. They are very nice. I was several days away from the lathe at work, and I wanted to cut them down immediately, so I spun up a 1/2" drill, chucked the shaft, and locked it on high speed and then plunged the cutting wheel into the side of the new shafts. Worked perfectly.

Here is the awesome $10 Spektrum knock off receiver de-cased. Its' the same size as the sr3100. $10 and works just like my Spectrum version. I can't believe it, someone finally broke the code and we're no longer hostage to 70-100 dollar receivers.

Here is the front Cappu d.s. cut down.

There are a LOT of significant variations between the SP and the Prodigy chassis. I'm excited to see how that translates when driving.

I think this is the smallest and neatest I've ever done the electronics in a crawler. I cut almost every wire and re-terminated. That was thanks to Spitz Travsky for giving me the inspiration to buy the crimp set for the servo ends. It seemed intimidating, but after I got them and used them, I wished I'd had gotten them a long time ago.

Last edited by Master Basher; 08-24-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Prodigy for the little lady.

Very nice start. You're gonna really enjoy the Prodigy.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

Thanks so much, Babe. This is beautiful, and I look forward to watching it progress. I can't wait to try it out and see how it compares to the MBuggy. The electronics look fantastic, you have really done a great job making them efficient and tidy, and I know it will run fabulous.
tigercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrawler View Post
Thanks so much, Babe. This is beautiful, and I look forward to watching it progress. I can't wait to try it out and see how it compares to the MBuggy. The electronics look fantastic, you have really done a great job making them efficient and tidy, and I know it will run fabulous.
when you get back from overseas we can run 'em.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I picked blue. Waiting on rcbros brass tubes. they were out of stock on aluminum.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #6

Looks great! Love the blue with the gold in the front end. Missing my pro rig, and looking forward to the next phase on this one. Will be good to get back to nice weather and take them out. What's the weight so far? Thanks, baby.
tigercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I got the steering figured out and this isn't it, but the first mock up. It's going to be much different.

more of what the steering won't be.

It's 4lb 7oz rtr. That's with the heavy rc4wd wheels and no knuckle weights.

It is so quiet. The 7955 on it now is so much quieter than the 7990's on my rigs. I bought a 7950 from Amazon for it. I don't like the red color of the wheels, but I have them now, maybe I'll use some Muratic acid and take them down to bare aluminum.

Last edited by Master Basher; 08-29-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
I don't like the red color of the wheels, but I have them now, maybe I'll use some Muratic acid and take them down to bare aluminum.
Soak the rings in Greased Lightning. It'll take the anodizing right off of them.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

got the steering close to figured out. 180* on the servo with my new programmer helps torque utilization.

And this 4mm piece of grade 5 titanium is going to be threaded 10-32 and then replace my test 8-32 allthread rod steering link.

Last edited by Master Basher; 08-30-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Got the steering all lined out and chassis done. Red wheels are gonna have to go sooner or later, but for now, it needs to get tuned out a little. I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Complete with a protective cab now!

Prodigy for the little lady. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snipers Prodigy sniper Axial AX-10 Scorpion 95 02-14-2015 02:33 PM
My NENQ Prodigy Project AddictedtoRC1 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 52 09-24-2014 05:38 PM
Wish I was a prodigy, but now I can drive one. Jslick Axial AX-10 Scorpion 79 08-26-2014 05:29 PM
CTG - Drifting with Prodigy D Crawler Ted Non Crawler RC's 1 02-10-2014 09:56 PM