Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: i would have need to know your

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: i would have need to know your

I will echo the "don't be lazy" comment....I used Two screws in the housing....and still had issues. As of yesterday I broke a housing where the screw was put in and twisted the knuckle 180* out. It's an ugly scenario for sure.

I've done this mod three times already to different rigs and always used Aluminum components. I've never tried plastic, or the cheaper aftermarket "C's" and Knucks. I'm not sure that the beef tubes will actually fit properly with anything other than VP....there in lies the cost approaching $200.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

ok ok thanks so i have another question at home i have a novak rooster crawler in their case so my question is can i decase it ????if yes, does it a good esc or should i go with microsidewinder or br mini or tenkin???and how i can decased it???

if people have done some build with the chaotic crawler elnino3 can they tell me the upper link lenght for front and rear,i plan to make them in cf rods for the weight.

another question what is the difference of the gearing 32p and 48p what is the best ,what this change,etc????
pyranahryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 AM   #23
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyranahryder View Post
another question what is the difference of the gearing 32p and 48p what is the best ,what this change,etc????
32p, and 48p refer to the pitch, or # of teeth per inch.
32 pitch has larger teeth, generally regarded as stronger, prone to make more noise.
48 pitch has smaller teeth, quieter, smoother, allows for smaller / more accurate gearing changes.

My Scorpions came stock with 48 pitch, so that's what I stuck with. IIRC, I've never blown out a spur/pinion in any of my crawlers, so I think 48p is strong enough to get the job done.

But the two different pitches won't mesh together, so make sure you go with both spur and pinion in 32p or both in 48p.

I think you should go with 48p, that's just my opinion, but you'd be fine with either one.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

ok ok trubble ,this is what i have ordered and received an robison(the one in white) 87t 48p so which motor gear i should became with???but at my home i have many 32p this is why i have asked this.i have received my chassis today and tell with chaotic crawler for my skid i have received news from him today and he was having one so i took it for sure it will miss me some part but i have to received news from winnerone23 on that so my project will be good to began soon but if someone have parts for selling let me know.thank
Old 10-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyranahryder View Post
this is what i have ordered and received an robison(the one in white) 87t 48p so which motor gear i should became with???
That's going to depend quite heavily on what motor and battery you go with, and how tall of a tire you run.

Poison Dart runs:
2.2 Rovers (very similar in diameter to your Claws)
Overdrive front axle, stock rear
35 turn Brood Apocalypse
CC Sidewinder Micro, w/ CC BEC
3S 1300 mAh G-force LiPo
stock Scorpion gearing, 87 tooth spur, and a 14 tooth (motor) pinion gear.

IMO, pretty good balance between low speed control and it still has enough wheel speed to get it flipped back over when it goes upside down.

CUCV runs:
1.9 RC4WD Rock Stompers (not really very tall)
stock front and rear SCX/AX axles
35 turn Holmes TorqueMaster
CC Sidewinder Micro w/ CC BEC
3S 1300 mAh G-force LiPo
stock Scorpion gearing, 87 tooth spur, and a 14 tooth (motor) pinion gear.

IMO, not very fast owing to the short tires, but this thing's a bruiser. I made the mistake of putting the LEDs in the front (SCX) frame filler, and every single one gets continually punched back out from this thing smashing into stuff. Wheel speed is kinda so-so, but if it goes upside down, there's not enough mass in them little wheels & tires to get it flipped back over without touching it.

JUNKFOOT runs:
1.9 RC4WD Mud Slingers (very short!)
stock front and rear SCX/AX axles
30 turn Brood Intensity
AE-2 ESC w/ CC BEC
3S 1300 mAh G-force LiPo(s)
went with 87 tooth spur, and geared up to a 16 tooth (motor) pinion gear.

IMO, I knew the short tires were going to limit my ground speed on the trails, so I went with a lower turn motor and a bigger pinion. It's not too horribly slow, but for a trail truck I had higher expectations. Tried a 20 tooth just monkeyin' around in the basement, but wasn't sold on it, bottom end just seemed a little lame/soft. Might end up either pairing up a couple of 2S packs in series or raiding the Slash parts inventory and snaggin' one of the 18 tooth pinions.

So take from that what you will. I'm obviously a fan of gearing low and applying more volts to get my speed back.

Nail down a little more solidly what motor and battery you're going to use.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I was thinking about a motor 30-35t holme or team brood on 3s lipo (dont know which mah), I have check thé brood motor which one can be great for me they seem the same and holmes are another kind like 13t, 16t dont know which one should be best but for now it still stay me to find some parts to finish the build before buy electro , in the case i can put hand on goods used one i will bought it, à home i have an rc4wd 35t (the one at 20$) for the esc i dont know between mini br, micro sidewinder, tenkin or my novak rooster crawler (if i can decase it?
Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Do someone knows how to make good foam set up i see some people talk about inner,outer,comps cut,etc so i would try to understand this thing a little bit more ,soon i will begun to put all my parts together. I have bought a set of tire that ittibity have put for sell with all is 2.2 foam so i would make me good set up for.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #28
RCC Addict

For my silver compound voodoo tires I run 6" crawler innovations closed cell dual stage foams. Soft outers in front. Med in rear. I also "comp" cut the inner foams. Meaning, I took my dremal and a sanding drum and cut a channel around the outside to soften up the inners while keeping the sides for support. There isn't really any one setup that we all use. We just test and tune until we get the desired performance.

Get building!
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

hi i want to know how to put in two parts the axial xr10 universal(to pull off the pin in the middle parts) for modded them for more clearance like people done,which tool is need for this.if someone can tell me on or have a link for. thanks
Old 01-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Hi i need to know what are my possibilities apart creeperbob shaft, for my rear beef mods,what i could do creeperbob will be able to take order in 3week but would like to find something before??? Let me know and if someone have something for me to sell just tell me
Old 03-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

OK so i have begin to mount m'y rear axle and find something strange of my rear XR 10 shaft so i will try to explain it simple, so my shaft are stock XR,stock plastic wraith lockout, création fab wide non splined beeftube, gripfab locker (at first it was buy for an scx10 project) and my probleme if it is a problem is when i have put my wheel on the shift hub and pull one to opposite other one i have a little loosse ,in my think it is not supposed tout have a play?????just let me know what you think about it it is the first time trying to build this.. Thanks all!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I use these to take up any play in my axles.

Traxxas 5x8x0.5mm Teflon Washers (20) [TRA1985] | RC Cars - AMain.com - AMain.com
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:08 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

OK OK so you put it Just before the little pin that hook the wheel? ??
Old 05-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

hi my build is complete and now i am on set-up progress and now it is about the tranny i would like to know what i need to pull off the slipper,which parts i need to bullet proof the gear and maybe the output shaft,good price drive shaft and finnally for my gearing pinion i have a team brood 35t and stock tranny with a 48p 87t spur????let me know your suggestion on thanks to all