Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Billet Works' Nightmare S...almost here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Billet Works' Nightmare S...almost here!

As many have seen at https://www.facebook.com/Billet.Works my shafty project that I began well over a year ago is finally being unveiled to public.

Meet the BW Nightmare S...with an assembled frame weight of 55 grams (1.9 ounces). Smooth, rigid, light, and unique were desired aspects in its design. As you can see, I started from scratch including the servo/batt/elec mount and the rear link mount. Coming soon to my buddy Patrick in Crawlerado and to Mr. Southern Missouri BW driver and points winner in 1.9 and 2.2S classes, David Shreve! Hoping to recruit a few new drivers to step into the Nightmare S as well.

More info soon to come...

BW
Attached Images

billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

Default Re: Billet Works' Nightmare S...almost here!

I was wondering if you were ever going to show your Nightmare to the masses!

You always build such nice trucks! Now it's time to drive!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice !!
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:26 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks good Don. I hope it works great for you and your drivers. Good to see you back in the game mate.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to get mine! My SSS-R chassis has served me very well, but this has me excited like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning!

Last edited by papabash; 10-22-2014 at 05:11 AM.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Wow that's a sweet rig! Is there any chance I can purchase one???
big knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

As always, nice to see a BWD post hitting the forum..

As the owner of a sss-r, sss-rs-cf, and a BWD mini mantis, it always seemed you where ahead of the game with ur chassis's Don.
If this thing works anything like the sss-rs-cf (which just got a new owner), we will be seeing it on a few podiums! :thumbsup:

Do work driver's!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I like the extra detail in tranny mounting and servo plate to bring the CG low.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Me likely - and just in time for SinCityRC comps to start back up!
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Nice to see you back! That sss-rs-cf you built me a few years back just killed it.. And as Winner said, it saw quite a few podiums.

This chassis looks lean and mean. Quite tempting I must say.. I think I could do some damage with it

Can't wait to see more, and maybe.. Just maybe see how it performs
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #11
5th D Owner/Driver

Welcome back! Its nice to see one of the first crawler innovators back at it again. Chassis looks good!
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Good work there Don. Glad to see you back in the game.
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Holy smokes comp crawlers these days all CNC ultra lightweight titanium to carbon fiber wheels with open channels and specialized foams to release and grip. What will these guys come up with next?! The DOD should subcontract some of their ideas out providing the funding so they can help our brave men and women. And what's scarier than a machine coming after you with no emotions just a mission to eliminate with extreme prejudice. And machines definitely more accurate Ina fire fight than a man....letsnjustnhope Arnold's still around to save us for like hpthe fourth time lol
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Thanks my friends, I'll of course be revealing more of what has me so excited about the Nightmare S soon enough.

@alex, I can't say much but can say I have personally self funded, designed, built and sent very unique EOD bots for use by friends in US special forces due to the bureaucracy required to get permission to deploy the bots they have as needed...not even going to go into the extensive shortcomings of the other bots they were struggling to get permission for. This January will mark the close of the third year of straight action of at least one of them, with my latest report coming back as "this guy has seen more action than all members of the team combined". I've disappeared a few times due to needing to focus on getting them help. I designed and built the first one that I sent out 3 years ago next month when a friend informed me he had already lost 6 team members due to them being in hot zones because $1m EOD bot use approval took too long or said bot failed under "extreme conditions and terrain difficulties". I only hope for and wish I had the funding to make more and send because they need help first and foremost.

So much secret fun in the BWD lab

BW

Last edited by billet works; 10-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #15
RCC Addict

That's just awesome BWD. Props to you.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
That's just awesome BWD. Props to you.
No props needed bud, them using the bots and being that much safer is good enough for me. I only mentioned it here because he mentioned a subject that matters to me and I think it's cool...plus I know most people here don't know about my enjoyment of developing my own EOD, recon, and weaponizable bots

You should see the one I have here...it's the most insane one of all...and has been under development in my lab for nearly 4 years.

Anyway, additional Nightmare S media and info will be added soon!

BW
Old 10-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
No props needed bud, them using the bots and being that much safer is good enough for me. I only mentioned it here because he mentioned a subject that matters to me and I think it's cool...plus I know most people here don't know about my enjoyment of developing my own EOD, recon, and weaponizable bots

You should see the one I have here...it's the most insane one of all...and has been under development in my lab for nearly 4 years.

BW
Pics please!
McTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTwist View Post
Pics please!
Publishing them is not permitted...nor wise at this point...hopefully in the not too distant future tho.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks my friends, I'll of course be revealing more of what has me so excited about the Nightmare S soon enough.

@alex, I can't say much but can say I have personally self funded, designed, built and sent very unique EOD bots for use by friends in US special forces due to the bureaucracy required to get permission to deploy the bots they have as needed...not even going to go into the extensive shortcomings of the other bots they were struggling to get permission for. This January will mark the close of the third year of straight action of at least one of them, with my latest report coming back as "this guy has seen more action than all members of the team combined". I've disappeared a few times due to needing to focus on getting them help. I designed and built the first one that I sent out 3 years ago next month when a friend informed me he had already lost 6 team members due to them being in hot zones because $1m EOD bot use approval took too long or said bot failed under "extreme conditions and terrain difficulties". I only hope for and wish I had the funding to make more and send because they need help first and foremost.

So much secret fun in the BWD lab

BW
I've seen one of those crawler support rigs that are 6 mil spec tire/wheel conbo'd wutg 6 independent portal axles per tire that the computer autonomously configures the safest and quickest riute either around, through, or straight up crushing it....moves like a hig but climbs like a spider. I think pit was nicknamed Mule as it's main oepurpose was to carry ammunition, wounded, and troops.

Almost like a next gen APC?...American military DOD create the nastiest tools of death with no financial budget. They say freedom isn't free and the only way to maintain it is whoever is holding the bigger gun not the biggest deficit lol!!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Anyway, additional Nightmare S media and info will be added soon!

BW
When this masterpiece is finished will it be available to the masses? And if so, how much would this fine piece of craftsmanship be worth?
big knobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Billet Works' Nightmare S...almost here! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
billet works? hellacool Axial XR10 9 10-25-2013 01:53 PM