Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: A nightmare on purp street ... Bwd shafty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: A nightmare on purp street ... Bwd shafty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Looks great - But you have all that in the basement?
I don't think we can be friends anymore. lol

That's one section of my basement and that's most of the course... I ran out of cash and that's 38 bags of Crete and sand ... I have a natural rock section on the other side and a scaler course with water fake trees and a 6ft mud bog ..... I have a outdoor scaler and comp course and a course for a super lol ..... I have serious problems .... I'm gonna expand the Crete course this winter ... You're more than welcome to fly over for a weekend and drive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #62
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Don always impresses with his designs, thanks for detailing the build so well! The chassis is quite unique!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Don always impresses with his designs, thanks for detailing the build so well! The chassis is quite unique!

I've had quite a few BWD chassis but this one , although aesthetically pleasing, is function over form .. There's no dub top no crazy links so simple but works so well

Old 12-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Let me tell you first you have a Nice rigs with all the purple on and with the body it is really nice and you crawler track look crazy if someone tell you you dont like crawling after seing this it is false so continue your great build
pyranahryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyranahryder View Post
Let me tell you first you have a Nice rigs with all the purple on and with the body it is really nice and you crawler track look crazy if someone tell you you dont like crawling after seing this it is false so continue your great build

Thank you sir

Old 12-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

when i take a time to check your crawler ,it seem wide so what is your front/rear wide one your rigs,of for your steering angle what you done to have it,i would like to do some mods on my xr universal but i am not able to make them in two pieces but would like to do something like your and winneron too,your rear beef tube style where i can find them what the difference compare to other ???and another question what is the benefit of narrowed the tire then when they are stock???
Old 12-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyranahryder View Post
when i take a time to check your crawler ,it seem wide so what is your front/rear wide one your rigs,of for your steering angle what you done to have it,i would like to do some mods on my xr universal but i am not able to make them in two pieces but would like to do something like your and winneron too,your rear beef tube style where i can find them what the difference compare to other ???and another question what is the benefit of narrowed the tire then when they are stock???
The set up in the pics was 11" wide so I spun the wheels around and used spacers on the shift hubs .. The rear is now 10-5/16 the front is now 10-3/4 ... The rear tubes I have are CREATION FAB UBER TUBES.... You can get them from the creation fab website or message chris the battery man on here ... They are beef tubes and lock outs all in one .... The skinnier tire does several things .. The smaller the contact area of tire is on the rocks the more weight is focused on that area allowing more traction ... As well as giving clearance for more steering angle because the tires don't hit your shocks ....you can probably send myself or winner a set of UNis and we can mod them for you and ship them back to you .... I personally take mine apart ... I mod them as a complete unit so I can rotate and check clearances as I go ... .... As far as the steering angle it's all about where/how you mount the servo the length of throw on your arm/drag link... The bends/clearance of the tie rod.... The modded UNis .... And proper spacing of the tie rod so you don't bind .... I pretty much have the same set up on my 3 xr's and my sporty

Old 12-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Nice parts list on the scx shocks.

I plan on using these parts and also do the rear Creation Fab uber wide tubes for my sporty when my chassis gets here from Norway.

Quick question, any plans using on add on weights up front? Ie: Rcbros brass rings.

Or having the aluminum Burly Tubes is heavy enough for you?

Would a Brass Burly Tubes eliminate the need for add on weights?
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #69
RCC Addict

And the purp strikes again with another killer shafty. And I hate you my wife won't let me bring concrete in the basement......... Go slap her for me. Seriously though that rig turned out killer bro

sent from the mystery machine
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Default A nightmare on purp street ... Bwd shafty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudsy View Post
Nice parts list on the scx shocks.

I plan on using these parts and also do the rear Creation Fab uber wide tubes for my sporty when my chassis gets here from Norway.

Quick question, any plans using on add on weights up front? Ie: Rcbros brass rings.

Or having the aluminum Burly Tubes is heavy enough for you?

Would a Brass Burly Tubes eliminate the need for add on weights?

I have RC BROS weights in the front ... 2.3 oz per side... But I plan on removing some RTR weight as it sits with the weights and battery I have is 3.732 pounds ... I'll probably move down to 1.5 or 1.3 oz per side now that I've driven it... This chassis is very agile and I get complete shock stroke out of it ... It's very smooth I don't need the amount of weight I have which was transferred over from my old chassis ... I'm not exactly sure what the brass tubes weigh but knuckle weights would still give you lower cog than brass tubes ... If I were you I'd buy the aluminum tubes and run knuckle weights

Last edited by Purptr8r; 12-08-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManCave View Post
And the purp strikes again with another killer shafty. And I hate you my wife won't let me bring concrete in the basement......... Go slap her for me. Seriously though that rig turned out killer bro

Thank you sir... Just tell her you're building a " MAN CAVE"

Old 12-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purptr8r View Post
Thank you sir... Just tell her you're building a " MAN CAVE"

Yeah that's apparently limited to one Harley flat screen pile of rocks and two work stations plus all my musical gear

Old 12-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManCave View Post
Yeah that's apparently limited to one Harley flat screen pile of rocks and two work stations plus all my musical gear

Who's name is the house in ;)

Old 12-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Who's name is the house in ;)

Both

Old 12-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Didn't show the dog turds I put after that

Old 12-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Well that sucks to be you muahahahahahhah

Old 12-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have RC BROS weights in the front ... 2.3 oz per side... But I plan on removing some RTR weight as it sits with the weights and battery I have is 3.732 pounds ... I'll probably move down to 1.5 or 1.3 oz per side now that I've driven it... This chassis is very agile and I get complete shock stroke out of it ... It's very smooth I don't need the amount of weight I have which was transferred over from my old chassis ... I'm not exactly sure what the brass tubes weigh but knuckle weights would still give you lower cog than brass tubes ... If I were you I'd buy the aluminum tubes and run knuckle weights

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing.

Thank you. You been a big help.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudsy View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing.

Thank you. You been a big help.
no prob bro ...any time..you have my number dont hesitate to ask
Old 12-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

thanks for want to do for me my xr axle but shipping will be too much for me, so with some pics and help from you it will be easy ,another thing i want to know is what ccc chokar collar give compare to where stock shock and link goes????and your rear beef tube those they are much stronger than other beeftube set up or it is just to be different???the one i have actually for the rear are the one from beeftube the one in steel but i plan to go with the same of you,just let me know what you think and your suggestion,it is not too late for me to change some part on my build thanks,
Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

i have check creation fab website and see 2 model of your beef tube wich one you have took the wide or the narrow???and which axle you took and what other possibilitie are available to doing the rear mods, i have seen someone that have use the stock axle shaft and cut them and brass a kind of ****ted pin brassed ,so before cut mine i would like to check all the possibilities thanks

A nightmare on purp street ... Bwd shafty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Papa's BWD Nightmare S papabash Axial AX-10 Scorpion 392 11-26-2018 04:22 AM
Kratos Bwd "Nightmare" build Kratos Axial XR10 31 06-10-2013 03:24 PM
BWD Losi Comp Crawler - 2.2 Wedge Shafty billet works Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 04-26-2010 07:24 AM
MARHYAS CHEVY by kronik, purp in progress kronik Paint and Body 15 04-05-2010 02:06 PM