Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial AX-10 a.k.a Carnage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial AX-10 a.k.a Carnage

Ahh so you will be stealing Sofi's rig to start
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
Ahh so you will be stealing Sofi's rig to start
She will be driving it too. I'm just the second driver.

Had to tighten the screws.

Cause I'm gonna do first comp with this thing on saturday!

Ready for Wintersnertcrawl in The Netherlands. Can't wait to comp with the Dutch guys. Honored to join their winter event.

Videos will follow.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech View Post
Ready for Wintersnertcrawl in The Netherlands. Can't wait to comp with the Dutch guys. Honored to join their winter event.

Videos will follow.
Wow, the Grand Master himself is coming to the Wintersnertcrawl.

It will be my pleasure to meet and to comp with you.

Nice international crowd: Dutch, Fin, Belgian and a half Frenchman (Serge)

See you Saturday
Sir Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodstreepje View Post
Wow, the Grand Master himself is coming to the Wintersnertcrawl.

It will be my pleasure to meet and to comp with you.

Nice international crowd: Dutch, Fin, Belgian and a half Frenchman (Serge)

See you Saturday
Well, it's an international comp then. Can't wait to see you guys!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:56 AM   #85
RCC Addict

First comp of the year is done.

I had a good trip to The Netherlands last weekend.

First ever comp with this rig was against these fellas!

We had pretty cool comp spot in there. And awesome weather!

Not too much complains about the rig. Nothing broke and it drove really well with the new transmission.

We drove four courses in there. Two of them went well and in the other two I had some stupid mistakes.

Let's get the video corner down brothas!!

Course 1 - (-15/-22)

The very first course for me with this rig. Quite easy one to start. Made a couple of dumb reverses, but could be worse. Quite happy about this one.

Course 2 - (8/-22)

This course was a real pain in the ass. First two gates basic stuff, no problem. Third gate was too much for the ground clearance of this rig, so I decided to straddle it. Going to the bonus turned out to be really tricky. I was just hair too wide on the rear to make it work without a fight. Even worse was the fourth gate. Repo and a gate as a result of a long fighting over there. This course could have been better.

Course 3 - (-20/-22)

This was the best course for me. Only took a one stupid reverse before the first gate. Was bit optimistic throttle in the first try there. This was fun course, not too hard.

Course 4 - (-11/-22)

Last course didn't go as planned either. Way too many reverses on the second gate and the dumbest gate touch of all time in fourth. Well, there is shown that I haven't been driving since early december last year. Otherwise the course went ok.

After comp lunch the results were published. Happy to take the first win with Carnage. (and this case without one)

Big thanks to all three other drivers who let me be in their comp! It was fun day for sure. Thanks to Steven for the beers, Douwe for the jokes and biggest thanks to Serge for accomodation and transportation. This hobby is really kicking ass, if I continue to keep having friends like you!

Next comp will be on 20th of february in The Bunker. So indoors we go.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 01-30-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Time to start the finnish crawling season tomorrow!

Yesterday, I was prepping the rig for this comp.

New body rule allowed me to do little cutting. Didn't want to make it not look like a bug, otherwise Sofi would probably find a way for me to remember it.

Also little bit off from the rear to make suspension travel maximum.

I'd say it still looks really cool!

Tomorrows comp will be in The Bunker, so it's basically an indoor comp. Eight drivers are registered to the comp tomorrow and personally I'm dreaming to fight for the win, but there will be lots of talented guys out there; Jens and Un-Bolt from Norway for example. For Sofi I just hope good performances and no bigger mistakes. Courses will be brutal to say the least. At least that's what the previous years have shown to us.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...D7Szg/pubhtml#
Here you can follow live scoring of the competition tomorrow. We are starting at 10AM CET. Thumbs up for Carnage! (Oh wait, what?!)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:07 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Carnage has passed the first competition with two drivers in The Bunker!

First time that the rig has to deal with Sofi's anger and my brutal driving. Nothing broke down in the whole day!

Me going in the first course.

Cutting the body really helped to make more room to the suspension in front and rear.

There I touched a stupid gate, but surely wasn't the only one.

I'm pretty pleased of my performances of the day. Two really good ones, one ok and one not too good.

In this class either Sofi wasn't able to finish any of the courses. But as in pro the courses were tough in shafty.

But for us this competition is much more than just driving. It's to see the old friends after long winter and get together. It was fantastic day, when we got down to the city's nightlife with friends from Norway. Truely something to remember!

Some updates are coming to the rig before next competition.

This was good start to the season and it really was great to see the intense durability of the rig.

Here is Sofi on the first course. This was the best performance for her. The Bunker is a really difficult place to drive since you don't have too much room to enter different lines to the gates. And if you do a mistake you are most likely screwed. The start of the course was good for Sofi, but gates 8-9 were the killers this time.

This performance was the best for me. I was the only one to finish this course, even with one bonus! The end of it was really hard, but I managed to climb it and still got like 10 seconds left after the last gate. Rig is really working!

Second victory for me with this rig! Happy that I could keep the level high.

Sofi ended up last, but we have to remember the level of the drivers who were involved. Four top 11 drivers from EuroCrawl and two of the best ones in Finland! This was good practice for Sofi and now we are just waiting for the outdoor season to start.

Next comp will be held in the end of this month, so keep your eyes open for updates!
Old 04-17-2016, 03:58 AM   #88
RCC Addict

I have been really busy with my new work and it has really cutted time from RC at this point. Hope to able to balance it a bit in time. This only means topic updates from comps three weeks back.

Before the comp, new knuckles arrived.

Sold my old ones and started to screw the new set on place.

Got a little bit more weight on the front which was my goal.

And if possible, more steering as well.

These pics are from mid march as I headed for testing the knuckles.

They seemed to be ok on the cold rocks as well.

Steering turned out to be impressive.

Then it was time for the first outdoor comp of the year in Finland.

Consertration at max!

Sofi didn't have a great run on the first course, but it was super tricky and nobody made it to finish.

On this second course she had one of the best runs of the day.

I need to redo my drag link, cause now it was braking the progression in multiple spots. Had to do it in hurry and that's why it looks stupid.

Sofi had bad luck on the third course hitting a gate while dropping down to the finishing gate.

But even more on the last course where she wasn't quite able to make it to finish.

Sofi was fighting for the second place which in this group is really honourable performance!

Here is her second course which was really wise and good driving!

Then it's time to sum up my own competition.

I too wasn't able to finish the first course. The last gate of it turned out to be a nightmare.

Started to make run for the money on the second course!

With the new knuckles the rig is feeling very potential. Just need some final twiching and tuning.

In this course I was able to do second best score. There was actually some competition going on!

Going for the very steep bonus one.

Not the easiest spots with shafty.

Made it up, but took a gate.

On the third course I was able to made gap large enough to feel safe before the last one.

Here is the tricky gate on the second course.

Sofi made it look easy, but I struggled badly.

Eventually I made it and drove both of the bonuses.

Now that the season is truely starting I have to find some time for fine tuning the rig.

Here is my best performance from the fourth course. Really happy about this one!

Another victory with Carnage! Thanks to RaumRC crew for making this a competition!

Here we have the results. In the end my gap to the second was decent, but it's really shame that Sofi dropped down to fourth after fantastic first three courses.

Weekend was complete in this scenery at the night. Now it's time to make the steering links work for the competition on next sunday.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 04-17-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Another comp behind two weeks ago.

This time it was only me driving Carnage.

Start of course three. Really tricky spot.

First two courses went well, but this gate was real pain in the ass.

Tough to climb, when all the grip is gone from the rears spinning on the mud moments earlier.

Eventually after hitting the lower gate and trying many times, I was able to get it through.

I also hit another gate and time was beginning to be an issue as well.

When you have less than a minute this kind of turn is suprisingly tricky.

As demonstrated.

Another bolt of my bodymount got disassembled.

Soon after the whole body was gone and my points were full. Fourth course wasn't too good either. Broke my drag link and didn't finish the course.

Here is my best course on video. Tough course two, where I was able to drive both of the bonuses as well.

That course actually saved the day for me. Another victory with only ten points difference to second.

Here are the scores. Not too happy about my overall performances, but I think there will be better comps ahead.

Next comp will be held in Vantaa on saturday. Lots of registered drivers are coming, so it should be a blast!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 05-05-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Time to update this topic as well. Sorry for being awfully late, but my previous job didn't come with too much free time. Luckily now I have time again.

On early May we drove the second round of RFOT's Crawl Cup 2016. Here is Sofi on the second course.

Weather was great and this new comp site was terrific!

Little dropdown to second gate.

New Dlux knuckles doin work as they should!

This was too tricky gate for Sofi and she had to straddle it.

Sofi had yet again two good courses and two DNF's.

On this course she almost blew her chances of finishing, but drove spectacularly good from gate six to ten without any mistakes!

Here is Sofi's performance from the first course. Pretty solid all the way through. She wasn't able to climb up the other bonus but well, other than that it was great run!

As for me I had yet another great comp with this thing.

These photos are from the last course of the day.

Trying the first bonus. Dropped there at the first attempt, but made it with the second one.

On the way to the most difficult part of the course.

That turned out to be one hell of a gate. Only two guys made it through.

Reversing through gate nine to avoid bigger risks.

All of the other courses went really well. Just like this one. Happy about my performances and good training.

One last gate to go!

Here is the second course on video. Rare occasion since I needed to do roll over to save battery. Long and challenging course, but every gate was do able.

Here are the results finally. Quite clear victory for me and Sofi driving like usual in the middle of the pack. It's good at least to see strong consistancy in her results. Now it's just time to take that step to be better than average. Finishing at least two thrids of the courses.

Next update will follow soon, stay tuned!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 06-30-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Still continuing the updates from the past, which should've been written long time ago.

On mid May we gathered together to Lappeenranta driving the first round of Finnish RC Crawling Series.

Pretty weather was good suprise allthough at some points it was quite windy.

With three comps already behind Sofi this year, this comp would be the place to show maximum consertration.

We started off with suprisingly hard first course.

There isn't too much room for mistakes.

Inclimbs were steep at this one.

Sofi mastered these spots nicely and made it to the finish.

On second course Sofi drove phenominal and only took one reverse after getting both of the bonus gates as well!

Here you can see tactical reverse from her. This avoided the rig to fall down to the lake.

Here is Sofi's performance from third course. Pretty stunning driving since there was only three guys who were able to finish this. On the last course Sofi managed to drive yet again without DNF, making it 4/4!

As for me this comp was more of a survival.

First two courses went well, but on the third the motor jammed completely.

Everything was ruined inside of it, so we had to use some old scale motor on third and fourth course.

Both of them went well for me, but it sure didn't feel good.

Here is my performance on the first course. Gates 9-10 were extra tough and after falling down once I just managed to get it through.

This is performance from the fourth course, where I already got the hang of that motor. Wasn't quite able to drive the other bonus and didn't have enough time to try it third time. Still pretty happy about this one.

For the first time ever in the shafty class me, my sister and my brother took top three in Finnish Series! Sofi placing phenominally to second!!

Pretty awesome driving! That's the final step I've been looking for!

Next update will be about RFOT's Crawl Cup Comp 3 which was also held in May.

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 07-01-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #92
RCC Addict

As I said next comp was RFOT's Crawl Cup 2016 #3 in Rauma western Finland.

This was going to be good practise before the Nordics.

Completely new comp spot and I'd say ideal for shafty.

Again weather forecast promised rain, but there we were in sunshine.

First three courses went really well and I managed to get quite a gap to the second.

Here I am going for the first bonus on the last course.

Driving over this wall was pretty unique!

Sofi wasn't able to attend to this competition.

Made the second best score on the last course.

Here is challenging gate eight.

Up through the final gate!

This is my performance from the third course. There was couple of guys driving better than me, but couldn't quite make it through gate ten.

First place yet again. I'm beginning to equalize my level with this rig. I think I'm gonna continue with it this season and build my own to the next one.

Here are the scores. Pretty good courses I have to say. Just need to be consistant to be on top.

After the comp we went up to the water tower which was on the comp site. From there it's easy to look over the city. It even had cool little cafe on top of it!

Next update will finally be about Nordics 2016. Coming up today.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Ok, next up was a trip to Sweden driving The 2016 Nordics. Too bad Sofi couldn't attend on this comp either, so it was only me driving Carnage there.

Small preparations before the trip. Shock oil filling, new grease to the axles and stuff...

Thursday night we had pretty good chat and "few" drinks with the swedes and norwegians. Fun times if I remember correctly.

Weather turned out to be like this for the whole weekend. Pretty awesome!

This is sadly the only pic of me driving in there.

That's why we can go straight to video corner!

Krawler Konceptz Course - (+16/-20)

Oookey. First course. Have to be said that it was a tough one. Only two drivers got through it. My feeling for the first three courses wasn't too great. I was celebrating hangover of a lifetime there and couldn't quite focus on the driving. Bearing in mind the circumstances this went really well!

Dlux Fab Course - (+16/-20)

On the second course same shit continued. Another tricky course and with my feeling not getting any better the mistakes kept on coming. Stupid marker on gate three and then I drove straight to my feet on gate eight. Frustrating to say the least.

DravTech Course - (-20/-20)

This course really turned the boat of the day. Easiest course of the competition returned a bit of my confidence to driving. Perfect score on this one made the second half look like a brighter one.

RcBros Course - (-13/-20)

Fourth course went already much better than first two. Gaining the confidence back gate by gate. Challenging course, but it suited me quite well.

Crawler Innovations Course - (+9/-20)

I knew from the start, that this course will be a true challenge even to finish. I wasn't wrong since there was only two guys to do so. Couldn't find my way through gate three after two tries so I straddled it. Then on gate five I took a really nervous reverse almost ending up rolling over the boundary underneeth. Managed to clear the gate with jump and tumbled down to continue. Stupid marker from gate seven and some battling through the last gate, but luckily I made it in time.

Holmes Hobbies Course - (+12/-20)

Course six was built by me. This time it wasn't such a good news for me. Everything went as planned till gate seven, which was suprisingly hard to go through. Rolled over right after progressing straight onto the gate. Then my full consertration failed and I took gate nine as well. Ridiculous. Going to the last gate I still managed to drop down and roll. You really can hear my frustration through the video.

Finals Course - (-34/-50)

Before the finals I found myself in third place three points behind the tied lead of Arttu and Jens. I sure felt like maximum driving needed to be done to pass them. Course started a bit itchy. Already the first gate seemed to be extra tough! After going trough it the flow just started. Every gate went without too much time or thinking. Only the second bonus seemed to be trickier than I thought. After the battery died from the camera I dropped down to gate nine and hit a marker. Then going to the third bonus and finish. Made it in time and as I was the only one to do so the result became clear.

Victory in shafty class! Finally I got the rhythm on the finals and was able to do normal performance after the morning!

After the finals I managed to pull the gap. Still not satisfied on the morning courses though.

My third shafty class victory in The Nordics!

Next and the final update before we are in present time is from the second round of Finnish National Series. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Zarizi Tech; 07-01-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #94
RCC Addict

One last update before we are on to date!

We had the second round of Finnish RC Crawling Series 2016 in Kirkkonummi southern Finland. Too bad there's no pics about it due the tight schedule of the day.

Here is my performance from the first course. Made little adjustments for the steering and that seemed to help a lot. This course went just as planned with one tactical reverse. Other three courses went ok as well, got one DNF though, from the course which was propably impossible to clear.

Another win and well secured first spot in the series.

Really small gap to the next ones, means that we actually have some competition down here!

Next comp is on 23rd of this month and it will be the third round of Finnish Series. Hopefully Sofi will also be able to join there.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:00 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Very nice build thread! One question, what pinion gear does the Dravtech transmission use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by austinc2099; 08-30-2017 at 02:25 AM.
austinc2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:14 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinc2099 View Post
Very nice build thread! One question, what pinion gear does the Dravtech transmission use?
Currently running 13T 32dp.

Axial AX-10 a.k.a Carnage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial and Team Carnage Crew at KOH 2010 BENDER Chit Chat 22 02-23-2010 08:47 AM
Axial carnage. MNorby Videos! 5 03-21-2009 08:39 PM
Carnage!! racerx Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 02-22-2009 02:57 PM
Carnage!!!! Sparky2 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 01-24-2009 05:27 PM
XJ Carnage!!! JeeperoManiako Chit Chat 22 09-30-2006 08:19 PM