Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Blandon' Boxer Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Blandon' Boxer Build

Another change I decided to make was to add a little more knuckle weight. I added 1oz per wheel to see if that will help keep the front end down a little. The rig is really light coming in at just a hair over 3lbs with battery so adding a little weight should work out nice and it will still be under 3 1/2lbs.
Attached Images

blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

I also lucked out and won some Krazed Builds Limited Edition wheels that Robbob made up just for NENC. These are the XA's and they are bad ass looking. Switched over my Voodoo's and foams and will be running these now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2016, 03:29 AM   #123
Rock Crawler

Another issue I noticed when putting the truck back together was that I ripped out the screw that goes through the support post on my DesTroy plate. Because there is a decent amount of space between the C hub and bottom of the Beef tube before the axle I was able to drill it and install a 3mm brass insert and now I can tighten it down nice and everything is solid.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 AM   #124
Rock Crawler

Truck is all put back together and ready to go! I'm loving the way these new wheels look on here, they are almost too nice to scratch up. Gonna try to sneak out and get some practice with the 2.2s and 2.2m today and off to comp tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #125
Quarry Creeper

Cool nice going. I run Hulkstar plates front and rear and i broke last year at PA ripping my front plate from the axle. One of the other drivers recomened that i drill and tap the beef tube and use a brass insert in the plastic and i must say it bullet proofed it

The wheels are pimp
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Been a while and really no changes to the truck. We had a comp in August and I tied Stankulas for 1st, a comp in September and had a 1st for that one. The truck has been running smooth and solid and couldn't be happier with it! Now I have to make a small change! When I saw that Robbob came out with weight holders that fit my Rcbros brackets.......well I just had to have some!!! My current set up is pretty standard edition and has worked well..

Old 10-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

These are the Krazed 1100's from Krazed Builds (Robbob). They are delrin slug holders that fit the pinewood derby tungsten slugs and the mounting holes are tapped for 3mm screws so it's very easy to attach to the Rcbros brackets.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

The tungsten slugs are a nice tight fit and definitely aren't going anywhere. Now the weight is lower inside the wheel and I spaced them out to push them as far to the outside of the wheel as possible.. . . .

Old 10-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #129
Custom Carbon Fiber

Im liking .....

On mine I actually used the brass RCBros weights as my spacers. It allows me to tune my weight as I go.

I can add slugs or take them out when I practice and tune.

Slick rock (less traction) more weight ...... RI/Darien rock (more traction) less weight. I never stop tuning as I drive lol.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Im liking .....

On mine I actually used the brass RCBros weights as my spacers. It allows me to tune my weight as I go.

I can add slugs or take them out when I practice and tune.

Slick rock (less traction) more weight ...... RI/Darien rock (more traction) less weight. I never stop tuning as I drive lol.
That's one of the things I like about your system is the ease of adding or removing weight. I'll give em a hard shake down this Sunday at the Kreepy Krawl.....
Old 12-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #131

Ive loved reading this build it helped me out with my boxer build any more updates since your last post? Are you still running the j concepts body
BEARly crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARly crawling View Post
Ive loved reading this build it helped me out with my boxer build any more updates since your last post? Are you still running the j concepts body
Sorry, just caught this post. I've been pretty busy lately and not on here very often. Glad this thread helped you out! I always try to take tons of pictures whenever I do a build thread because whenever I've had questions about things I always looked to other people's threads and the pictures people post have helped me tremendously. I really haven't made any changes to the truck, its dialed in nice right now and have been very happy with it! I still have the J Concepts body but I have been running the trusty old Xciter body!

Blandon' Boxer Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boxer Build 2014 Sporty McTwist Axial AX-10 Scorpion 54 10-13-2015 07:24 AM
Boxer Sporty Build all24 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 30 10-20-2014 04:04 PM
Fordsuperduty's p40 boxer build fordsuperduty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 29 04-01-2014 02:25 PM
bashin boxer build bashin calfee Axial AX-10 Scorpion 54 03-15-2014 09:45 AM