Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Detour's SuDu 1FL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Detour's SuDu 1FL

I would also like to say thanks to Troy WinnnerOne23 for answering all my stupid questions on stuff I shouldn't have forgotten but did! Thanks Troy.
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Any time Chris!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Well the Family comp was a success 3 courses and I finished with -55 and my boy had a -30.

This SuDu is working very well for its first time out but still needs some tuning. I think I need to take some of the rake out of the skid possibly by laying the rear shocks down some. I noticed getting hung up on the front of the skid quite a bit. I might also want to add a touch more weight on the front but I'm not to sure about this so I'm going to drive it more before I make this change.

The rear gets a little light on a steep down hill. Maybe when I lay the rear shocks down this will change some.

These narrowed Voodoo's put some work down on the side hills!

The pictures don't show it well but coming out of the gate in the last picture and turning up into the next gate (picture below) was rather step and the Voodoo's did this flawlessly! Thanks for the awesome tires from EYDesigns. Thank you Everett.

Some cool pics

Another thing I need is steering stops! Several times my tires bound up because the rocks pushed the steering to far and the tires were into the shocks and links. I have some scale hubs that will be installed soon!

Some more action shots

And what's its really all about is having fun with the family so here are some selfies of our happy faces.

All in all I'm extremely happy with this truck. Right out of the gate it just works! It pulls some steep lines and side hills like a champ. Only thing I've noticed is while blipping the throttle and trying to turn sharp it just seems to jump forward. I've never had a crawler do this before and I'm not sure if its cause my uni's aren't 90° out from each other or something in my setup has my rear geometry all out of whack, but this is an issue I need to get figured out cause I do this all the time!

Last edited by chris.martell; 11-16-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #44
E.Y. Designs

That truck looks awesome! Looking even better out on the rocks now I'm glad you're happy with the tires... I hope you're liking the half and half of them...
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
That truck looks awesome! Looking even better out on the rocks now I'm glad you're happy with the tires... I hope you're liking the half and half of them...
Definitely liking the tires!

Detour's SuDu 1FL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sudu one sportsman laxjj14 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 22 05-27-2014 02:55 PM
Alex's SuDu 2.2s. AlexG Team Losi Comp Crawler 70 05-20-2014 01:20 PM
Greenhorn SuDu One Lobie Axial AX-10 Scorpion 35 03-20-2014 05:36 AM
Jacks SuDu Jacksprogis Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 06-08-2013 02:45 PM
Fester's SuDu FesterUK Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 05-31-2013 09:50 AM