Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy build by Crawler Innovations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Talking T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy build by Crawler Innovations

After much testing and more testing, and more proto types I finally was able to get Rockshow of T1E to sell me a couple of still proto types T1E AX-10 Moon Buggies. I am not sure which version # these two moon buggies are, but I know he is getting closer to the public release of this chassis. Crawler Innovations is a proud dealer for T1E and will be carrying these once they are officially released.

So if you are in the market for a new chassis for your AX-10, please be patient. T1E seldom makes fast moves, but when they move, they are show stoppers. Just look at the results of the T1E MOA Moon Buggy and it's domination of competitions coast to coast. T1E thoroughly tests their chassis's and when they do finally release a product, it's a winner. That is why I was so eager to get my hands one of these.

I was able to purchase two of the AX-10 Moon Buggies. One for me and one for the winner of the East Texas chapter of TXRCRCA's Sportsman series last season. The white moon buggy is his and the black one is mine. I have not finished my Moon Buggy yet but since it is a build thread and I have already had it over a week, I wanted to get it posted on the forum.

Here is what they look like direct from T1E:

Top view out of the bag:

Side view:

Here you can see all the links and link plates:

Here is the axles, transmission, and dig unit going into my build:
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I mentioned a white T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy, so here it is:

Phil does oil field type work and rarely gets time to work on his RC's. So when this arrived, he came over at his first opportunity and worked on it until it was as complete as it is pictured above .

He has since cleaned up the wiring but is still waiting on the correct shocks. He only had four inch shocks at the time of the pictures so keep in mind his build is not correct. T1E designs there chassis to be used with 3.5 shocks.

So the white moon buggy still needs 3.5 shocks and panels and skins. Freq E Tag will have panels and skins available for these once they are publicly released.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

They look great! The white one is quite bright
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

looks awesome! that looks like some good competition for the new underground bodyless.
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The T1E AX-10 chassis kit is well put together. It comes with both front and rear link plates. The front link plate has a tray bolted to it that can be used for your battery or electronics. T1E even includes the screws that hold the transmission.

The upper links are the same length front and rear. All links are drilled and tapped and have 4mm x 20mm studs in them. You must use Traxxas Revo rod ends and they are part #5347. You will need two packs of them since you need a total of 16 rod ends and they only come in a pack of 12.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm tryin not to be excited, like a lil kid. Thanks for the thread!
cornsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
They look great! The white one is quite bright
Phil wanted to match his brother's T1E Moon Buggy Berg that is also white. I have built two white MOA Moon buggies and dyed them both red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
looks awesome! that looks like some good competition for the new underground bodyless.
That's what we are hoping for. The first proto type won the sportsman series in North Carolina, so great things are expected for this chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnake View Post
I'm tryin not to be excited, like a lil kid. Thanks for the thread!
Be excited, I am .
Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Here is where my T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy sits currently. I have a set of 3.5 Traxxas Big Bores that just need the shock cap mod and they will be ready to install.

Front axle:

Rear axle:

The bottom of my DNA dig had to be hogged out to give the needed clearance for the lower links. I am told that Vanquish Products Hurst Shifter dig fits in this with no modifications.

Driver side view

Passenger side view:
Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #9

Hey now, I'm the one who told Steph to do all white in the first place . I should be able to get the correct shocks soon and lets hope the panels get done quickly as well. I've been running my AX-10 pretty well stock for a long time now and still managed to win our Sportsmen class so I'm excited to see what I can do with this. As Eddie said, I've got all my wiring tied up and a brand new set of super soft cougars mounted up and ready to go. At some point I plan on doing all my links or maybe the cab in blue. I'll try to get some more pics posted as soon as I get back to Texas. Thanks again Eddie for everything, the pizza and beer didn't hurt any either And yes people, I am running a Novac Rooster......on 3S! Lol, heck, my knuckles and C's are probably older than most of your crawlers(old RCP set).

On a side not, look at my join date.....then post! Man I need to get on here more.

Last edited by OutlawCrawler; 07-08-2010 at 07:08 PM.
OutlawCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This rig when complete is going to be more of a test mule and toy truck. It will be a loaner rig for new comers to our local comps as well. I will be using it to test tires, foams and electronics. In the mean time here is what it is getting to start with;

Mamba Max or Side Winder Micro pro
Holmes Hobbies Crawl Master Pro brushless outrunner motor
Hitec 5955 steering servo
Castle BEC
Either 3S or 4S lipo
JR DS 3421 digital micro servo for the dig
DX3R TX and Spektrum RX

The axles are Axial (duh) but have all the goodies in them. The Front has the HD over drive gears and the rear has the HD under drive gears. They also have Bonus Line lockers. Aluminum front C's and Axial Steel straight axles.
Axial transmission with Hot Racing HD gears
VF / DNA motor plate
DNA dig with Steel internals
MIP drive shafts
Vanquish Products front steering knuckles
300M SDS Customs Axial CVDs are coming

Slowly but surely it's coming together. It should be fun.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to hear your driving review of this rig Eddie because I know your experiance with the GC-1 and 2 because thats what I'm driving.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

love the chassis and i really like the white totally awesome! very nice
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #13

Pretty sure mine is the first white one and I can't wait to get it on the rocks....the problem is that it is sitting over 400 miles away right now, I work in Texas 3 weeks at a time and come home for a week, I just got it put together a couple days before I headed home.
OutlawCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #14

I like the all white one let us know how it does
yellowv22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Here is where my T1E AX-10 Moon Buggy sits currently. I have a set of 3.5 Traxxas Big Bores that just need the shock cap mod and they will be ready to install.

Front axle:

Rear axle:

The bottom of my DNA dig had to be hogged out to give the needed clearance for the lower links. I am told that Vanquish Products Hurst Shifter dig fits in this with no modifications.

Driver side view

Passenger side view:
what servo mount is that for the dna dig? the one that came with my dig looks nothing like that.
buzz1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1436 View Post
what servo mount is that for the dna dig? the one that came with my dig looks nothing like that.
It's one of the old school original Visionary Fabrication servo mounts. What is now Billet Works Design or BWD was first Visionary Fabrication and later changed to DNA. It's a long story, but in a nut shell, unscrupulous people took advantage of Don.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Awesome Edd-o!

Did you have any problems getting the o.g. BL lockers to fit?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I really like the electronics tray... and all the hardware included, How much are these going to run $ (if you had to guess)
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Awesome Edd-o!

Did you have any problems getting the o.g. BL lockers to fit?
Thanks Ashton.
No issues on the lockers.
This truck has all kinds of O.G. parts on it. It's pretty cool to return to some of the parts that started this crazy crawler phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
I really like the electronics tray... and all the hardware included, How much are these going to run $ (if you had to guess)
Rockshow is really trying to work on that. There is a lot of work and hardware in this particular chassis. He also understands it has to be competitively priced in order to actually sell them. So I will not comment on a price yet. Sorry.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
It's one of the old school original Visionary Fabrication servo mounts. What is now Billet Works Design or BWD was first Visionary Fabrication and later changed to DNA. It's a long story, but in a nut shell, unscrupulous people took advantage of Don.

Do you Know if they still have them or where I can get one?
buzz1436 is offline   Reply With Quote