RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   Integy roll cage for scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/560854-integy-roll-cage-scorpion.html)

drbgjung 03-31-2016 06:27 PM

Integy roll cage for scorpion

Hey scorpion enthusiasts. Have any of you used the Integy roll cage for the scorpion? Those who have what'd you think about it?

onebullet 04-01-2016 02:10 PM

Re: Integy roll cage for scorpion

if your goal is to get it to look more like a 1:1 i would say pick up an scx frame kit.
Axial AX30525 Frame Set SCX10 | eBay

or if you really want a full cage type look get a wraith chassis
Axial Wraith Roll Cage Chassis Rock Crawler Tuber AX90020 Manual | eBay

integy has alot of items with questionable QA standards and that roll cage is more of a gimmicky thing than anything.
You mentioned in the newbie section you have done things with 1:1 crawlers. If you have basic welding equipment available to you building a cage is a very viable option.

If you look up "harley designs" on youtube he does a very good job of explaining the process and even has free blueprints on his website. You can find that info here
Free RC Crawler Tube Chassis Design Templates | Harley Designs

hope that helps

kmnss 04-01-2016 10:18 PM

I refuse to even use Integy spacers. Integy is complete crap. Please do not waste your money, buy from a vendor here. It will cost more, but it will also last more than one run.

Capwn 04-01-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmnss (Post 5478588)
I refuse to even use Integy spacers. Integy is complete crap. Please do not waste your money, buy from a vendor here. It will cost more, but it will also last more than one run.

To be fair there are a select few parts that you can ONLY get from integy.
I'm remembering a gearbox for a Team Associated I used to own, also there is a part I broke on my Wraith that NOBODY but integy made a aftermarket option, So they got my money in those two cases. I'm sure there are more instances ..

drbgjung 04-05-2016 03:55 PM

Thanks everyone for the advise. I think I will take onebullet's advice and build one.

kmnss 04-09-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capwn (Post 5478592)
To be fair there are a select few parts that you can ONLY get from integy.
I'm remembering a gearbox for a Team Associated I used to own, also there is a part I broke on my Wraith that NOBODY but integy made a aftermarket option, So they got my money in those two cases. I'm sure there are more instances ..

My experience has been different. If Integy makes a part, I don't buy it. I'll roll stock parts over their product. This comes from giving them a shot numerous times in the past. I've honestly had one good experience and it was actually with their customer service. They replaced a part quickly, which quickly broke again.