Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build. ( Pictures Working )

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #1

Default New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build. ( Pictures Working )

Hey everyone just picked up an AX10 after looking around a bunch, this is my first crawler and was really tempted to do an 1/8 build but maybe later on if I sell my Nitro truck ( XTM Xcellerator).

Here's what I'm starting off with: Stock AX10 Chassis, Tekin t45 Comp. Crawl Motor, Tekin FX-R ESC, Hitec Metal Gear Servo, Pro Line Hammer Tires ( May go to Crawlers ), & Axial Aluminum Links.

As of now im thinking of building a Scale custom Steel tube buggy. I'm not sure if I'll going to build it into the stock chassis or build it all from scratch... still deciding on the tube OD... also after building it I'll Skin it in Stainless or Copper from my work.

I'll try and post up some designs/ inspiration soon but figured I'd at least throw this up for now for some input/ advice.
TwistedcaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build.

welcome!!!
this will be a big change for you from nitro.
let me make a few suggestions to save you some time. read the stickies about the AX10. read the builds and the search button is your friend.
sounds like you have a good start. post some pics of your AX10. curious to see if it is the old school one.
jason1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #3

Oooh yeah a completely different beast haha. My Xcellerator has been sitting for a while due to constant breakage haha.

Ive been doing a good amount of research before i jumped on this AX10. I was originally going to get the Maxstone 8 but changed my mind and decided ill build that up later. Maybe after i sell my Nitro.

Alright got some pictures for you guys since a thread without pictures is boring... when it's done it shouldn't even be recognizable haha. I plan on replacing as much plastic with aluminum as possible. But what color goes good with copper??? Anyways some pictures!!

Here's some inspiration towards what I'm thinking, just with my own twist.

Last edited by THX_138; 11-22-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Re: New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build.

i use tapatalk from my mobil.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
i use tapatalk from my mobil.
Thank you for the suggestion! Works much better.

Debating to build it off a vehicle, tho I'm debating the land rover defender ( I can't find a rover classic... ) OR a XJ Jeep Cherokee... I would then use the bodies to partially skin the buggy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Went and played around on the rocks today. Seeing what needs tweaking but still had a blast! Ordered some steering linkage and 5.8" tires today. New coilovers are not far on the horizon. Aluminum links will be on shortly also!

Okayyy so plans changed slightly... my girl found a 1/8 f350 super duty body so were going to make a f350 crawler. Still going to go full cage but skinned with the f350 and something like the pictures attached...

Last edited by THX_138; 11-24-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Re: New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build. ( Pictures Working )

In that case, this ought to give you some inspiration: #BRODOZER - Class 3 F350 - Diesel brothers rock buggy Replica
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build. ( Pictures Working )

NICE!!!

My exact same set up when I first started!!!! Same tires rims everything...Great choice and have fun...

Welcome to the addiction! haha

Here is a link to the first crawl in my AX10, actually I went back to the CDM crawl spot for three days straight, couldn't get enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp96Pdq0uWM
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
NICE!!!

My exact same set up when I first started!!!! Same tires rims everything...Great choice and have fun...

Welcome to the addiction! haha

Here is a link to the first crawl in my AX10, actually I went back to the CDM crawl spot for three days straight, couldn't get enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp96Pdq0uWM
It crawls great as is. But I got the 5.8 Super Swamper XL's on the way with beadlock. And some aluminum goodies.

So right now I'm really thinking about making this a 1/8 build. The rocks around here are fairly big so a 1/8 would do great. It's a 1/8 body and not terribly hard to widen the track width and lengthen the wheel base.

It would probably be about Wraith size or slightly bigger when done as the AX10 is a fair amount smaller than the Wraiths

Last edited by THX_138; 11-22-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Tags
ax10, buggy, scorpion

New to me AX10 Scorpion. Custom Buggy Build. ( Pictures Working ) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First crawler AX10 scorpion build Joker33132 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 31 05-19-2014 12:31 PM
Axial AX10 Scorpion build on the cheep!! Papi32 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 02-23-2014 10:22 AM
I need help with my AX10 scorpion build Tuffone Axial AX-10 Scorpion 30 08-25-2007 02:16 PM