Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Sporty?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New Sporty?

Im looking to build my first real comp rig. Im thinking sporty to get my feet wet. If you had the opportunity to start from scratch, what chassis would you choose and why?

Once I have a decision on a chassis, Ill move on to axles. Im pretty sure I already have all of the electronics covered. I would like to run the ar44 axle in some fashion or another for better pumpkin clearance. Maybe its a bad idea..guidance needed here. I know there will be some cool stuff coming out in the near future, so I have been told.

So inform me. thanks.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Sporty?

Awesome! I personally run the hot racing RCS14RR01. It is a nice chassis and is very adaptable. I have an episode in my sporty's build series on YouTube where I assembled it. The only down side is there is not if I recall, any instructions on how to put it together.

If you search hot racing chassis on YouTube it is the first one that comes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
crawlinwithacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I run the original unstuck chassis, it is very light, the suspension geometry is good, and it was cheep. The new version has better suspension geometry and more adjustment. here is a link to the new version Gen2 UnStuck Axial.

I've heard good things about the dravtech sudu one, the evo, billetworks design nightmare , and the boxer but haven't run any of these.

The key with shafties is to keep the center of gravity as low as possible and to run under/overdrive gears.

There is only one issue on running ar44s is there are no under/overdrive gears (that I know of, If you find a set let me know) . This gearing set up is what make shafties so capable. The other option to fix this would to have a cheezeberger transmisssion from dlux Dlux Fab.

I've seen a couple guys run the ar 44 in the rear and a xrmoded ax10 axle in the front, but never a full ar44 rig, I'll be curious to see how your build goes.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

So far I think I'm going to run the krazed builds unstuck v2. From those I have chatted with on fb, it seems like a good chassis. Tunable, durable, simple, and inexpensive. This thread will be a long time playing out. I'm in the middle of a sub 5 lb bomber build and a toyzuki build.

Thanks for the responses. Keep them coming. I'm like a sponge. I absorb info only to spew it out later to those in need of help.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I really like my classic cut customs, boxer chassis, it’s a few years old but works great! There are a bunch of sporty chassis out there!
huskerfan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I run the sucker punch. Great rig and cboggs is awesome to deal with. I have ran a krazed build V2 as well. Great chassis. Both have unmatched quality. Both are great chassis with a lot of build threads for reference. I run the scx10 axles, I am old school. I have a set of AR60’s on stand by though.

Just read a lot. There are tons of builds out there.
jason1973 is offline   Reply With Quote