Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Struhall's first comp rig. Project Bad Influence.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Struhall's first comp rig. Project Bad Influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Watched the new C.I. footage of the june 1st GTG. those tires are way better than the hammers, but it looked like the hammers could hold their own if they were a little taller on the may 4th vid. keep driving man! your doing good!
Thanks a bunch. The new tires are great, I have felt the same thing about the Hammers so I bought another set to try my hand at making a set of narrowed and taller tires.

I keep testing and playing with it and pulling lines I didn't expect and surprising other people too. I'm already working on swapping out the chassis to the new one but I haven't taken any pics. I'm also going to look for a set of under drive gears for my rear axle and weights for the front end. Last time out the front would lift on steep climbs and Eddie said underdrive would help.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

You can make weight hangars and use big washers for front weights on the cheap if the weight hangars are getting hard to get.

There is also the Dlux knuckles option as well.

Check out Ratzo's where do i go from here thread in the losi section if you want to go the cheap knuckle weight route. He has some good clear pictures in the last few pages.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Make sure your comp rig is ready Jamie

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on August 3, 2019 at the Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum in Tyler, Texas.

Start Time 9:30AM

Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum
624 North Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75702
(903) 531-1286
gmuseum@tylertexas.com

Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum Web Site:
http://www.parksandrec.cityoftyler.o...anLeGrand.aspx

The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

The Goodman-LeGrand location has great terrain for scale RC's as well as comp crawlers. This is our 3rd get together at this location for 2019. We are hopeful to run three Competition course and three Activated courses.

Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

Score Sheet that will be used:

Here is a 45 minute video that Gavin created of the July Get Together which was held at this location. "Activated Class" or scale trucks were run on that day since that is what the majority or the group brought.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post

Make sure your comp rig is ready Jamie
Eddie she is ready. Got everything buttoned up last night (this morning at 1) and put power to her to make sure it all works. Only problem is I wonder if it's still the same build or something new with everything I changed.

Got everything swapped over to the new chassis. It's a Krazed V1 with a Fish's Crawler Parts skid plate and cross braces/comp body mounts.

I did a ton of measuring and figuring to find out what links I needed for a 12.5in wheelbase. I used the RC4WD Wraith Rock Krawler extended wheelbase links and it worked out perfect for the lower links.

I used the same front axle servo mount but turned my servo backwards and made a behind the axle steering setup. My servo horn bumps the spring at full droop but not while its sitting on the ground.

I did some switching and swapping electronics and now have a Holmes BRXL, CC BEC and 40T motor from my Hilux build. Also changed transmissions to a setup I had on my shelf with the AX10 shaft and no slipper with metal gears. It's a rat's nest but it works.

Crawled it up the wall, I got to about 6in from the rear axle to the wall before it tipped over. It also hangs on the side of my table with no problems.

My body rubs like crazy now up front and I don't really want to cut it up so I may use another body I bought. Fits great and sits very low so I may switch that up too.

Last edited by struhall; 07-21-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by struhall View Post
So I have another small update. I've been looking for some new tires but didnt want to spend a ton. I found a set of used white dot Rovers and picked them up. Obviously I had one choice for foams and I picked up some 3 stage foams from Eddie.

And a pic with the first two mounted.

All mounted up. These things are huge. Gonna make a big difference, the 2 get togethers I've done I have found spots where a 1/2 in would make a difference. These are close to a full inch bigger.

Going to have to watch and check to make sure I don't rub when the tire is flexed sideways. I'll order some wider hubs for the front to space them out a little bit. I almost hit my knuckles and then I hit my body and shocks at full turn.

Jamie, hit me up I make hub spacers. That will save you money on hubs and give you tune ability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:31 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Jamie, I've changing out some of Jr's motors hit me up next month I may have a brood that is just the ticket to finish this up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Struhall's first comp rig. Project Bad Influence. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project: Shaftinator (2.2 Comp Rig, DNA Chassis) justinart24 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 03-28-2010 08:44 PM
My WK comp rig Build, project Stein Steiger (SS) camel_rc HPI Wheely King 45 02-01-2008 03:19 AM
Y'all suck, or at least are a bad influence slugzracing Chit Chat 3 06-28-2005 11:41 PM