Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 2007 Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser Build...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

That looks great so far! Keep up the good work.

It kind of makes me miss my FJC build.
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #42
WVB
Quarry Creeper

The 2007 Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser build is almost finished... If/when I have time I will change up the bumpers/rear tire. And if I figure out what the yellow vinyl was that went across the front hood I will add that as well. But for now it is officially finished..! I have added license plates to the rear as well as to the front bumper. I had some sheet metal cut to size for the front plate. Hope everyone liked this build - Thanks for all the great comments..!

WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Awesome build. Ive been in love with the new FJ since the first day I saw it. I used to sell Toyotas so when we got our first one on the lot we took turns driving it up and down the stairs on the front of our dealership. What a fun day at work. The FJ rocks and your build makes me want to do a 1.9 FJ scaler so bad...

ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Nice job!
NinJato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVB View Post
The 2007 Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser build is almost finished... If/when I have time I will change up the bumpers/rear tire. And if I figure out what the yellow vinyl was that went across the front hood I will add that as well. But for now it is officially finished..! I have added license plates to the rear as well as to the front bumper. I had some sheet metal cut to size for the front plate. Hope everyone liked this build - Thanks for all the great comments..!
I hope that when you say "officially finished" you are only refering to the body.:-? I am sure you would have a tough time doing any crawling without anything else attached.

You have done an awesome job on that body. Can't wait to see the whole build finished.
whoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Default Ultimate FJ Cruiser/ Ultimate Tacoma

Hey WVB, you did an AWESOME job on your Ultimate FJ body..!! Congrats..!!! I can't believe the detail in the scale white stickers you made either..!! Incredible job man..! Now you just gotta make a custom crawler frame to put under it, and take it wheelin..!! I too am part of the "Ultimate Adventure Truck" Alumni..!!! Back in 2004 I made a 1/10th scale version of the "Ultimate Tacoma" using a Tamiya Pajero XC chassis. I had to "make" the body by chopping apart a Savage body,and bending up a custom aluminum rollcage, but it worked out well . In fact, I even sent in pics to Petersons 4 Wheel and Offroad, and they were so impressed, they actually printed it in the magazine in the drivelines section... I can't remember which issue it is in right now, but trust me, its there..!! Anyhow, Just thought 'd share a few pics with you, and once again, Awesome job on your Ultimate FJ..!!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

51WillysJeep i have that very issue at work...i am always thumbing through it and looking at that tacoma....

Lets see this Ultimate FJ on some axles!!! Looks great!
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
Hey WVB, you did an AWESOME job on your Ultimate FJ body..!! Congrats..!!! I can't believe the detail in the scale white stickers you made either..!! Incredible job man..! Now you just gotta make a custom crawler frame to put under it, and take it wheelin..!! I too am part of the "Ultimate Adventure Truck" Alumni..!!! Back in 2004 I made a 1/10th scale version of the "Ultimate Tacoma" using a Tamiya Pajero XC chassis. I had to "make" the body by chopping apart a Savage body,and bending up a custom aluminum rollcage, but it worked out well . In fact, I even sent in pics to Petersons 4 Wheel and Offroad, and they were so impressed, they actually printed it in the magazine in the drivelines section... I can't remember which issue it is in right now, but trust me, its there..!! Anyhow, Just thought 'd share a few pics with you, and once again, Awesome job on your Ultimate FJ..!!
Sad part is that they destroyed the real one. Literally beat the piss out of it. I saw it in the shop shortly after.
daddy_ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #49

Wow, I love the FJ body... Pitty it's sooooo hard to get in Australia :(
Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #50
RCC Addict

this is an amazing build, cant wait to see it finished
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #51
WVB
Quarry Creeper

I have been soooo very busy with the shop that I had not had time to mess with any R/C stuff. Thank you so much for your comments on my body build. So far I receive a lot of comments from clients walking in as it is displayed in my shop. As stated I have had zero time for any R/C and not sure if or when I will pick up a Axial AX10 for this body. Thought about that kewl chassis from TCS for a scale chassis look on the AX10 as well. The other issue at hand is I really have no one else to go crawlin' with locally... But when and if I do pickup the chassis I will definitely post it here..!

Thank you once again to all the positive feedback - I appreciate it a lot..!

-Will

P.S. 51WillysJeep build is VERY nice as well... Very well done indeed..!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #52
WVB
Quarry Creeper

FINALLY I was able to obtain information on what the Yellow decal stripe says along the front of the hood. Special thanks to Freq E Tag for information on the builders of the Ultimate Adventure FJ Cruiser. So I contacted Spider Customs, come to find out they only had the vehicle for a short amount of time when the FJ Cruiser was Yellow in color. They advised me to get a hold of Fred Williams over at Peterson's. He was gracious enough to give me information along with two new pictures that I could not obtain online. I blew one picture up and was able to read the hood...

Last edited by WVB; 01-18-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

very bad a ss
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #54
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Thank you...
Old 01-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #55
RCC Addict

what are your plans for the rest of it?
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 AM   #56
RCC Addict

looks KILLER so far. please tell me you're going to finish this thing... tires, wheels, and all. if not, i will gladly take that body off your hands.
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #57

wow every truck /body in this post kiss a s s
red devils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk379 View Post
what are your plans for the rest of it?
I will be mounting this onto a Axial AX10 "edge" chassis most likely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerKid View Post
looks KILLER so far. please tell me you're going to finish this thing... tires, wheels, and all. if not, i will gladly take that body off your hands.
This body will live its life as a trailer queen to be honest. It will be on display at my shop in the showroom.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #59
WVB
Quarry Creeper

I just don't have time anymore to complete this build. So I have decided to sell this body here at rccrawler. Wish I had the time to do so
Old 06-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #60
WVB
Quarry Creeper

Since I have a trade going on currently with MrPink for my PSP setup...

This build will continue SOON....