RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   droop: shocks, links...suggestions? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/85322-droop-shocks-links-suggestions.html)

solomon7 09-17-2007 11:26 AM

droop: shocks, links...suggestions?

I am not too happy with the stock shocks and want to get different shocks for a droop setup. I'm still not too sure about how strong of internals I should be looking for, but I've seen people using the Traxxas big bore shocks w/miniT springs in 'em, and have seen Losi xxx shocks(unknown internals), and Evader shocks.
I'm wondering which have worked out best for you all regarding articulation and adjustability, and strength.
This droop attempt is all totally new to me and I've searched alot but still haven't seen any ax10's mostly stock drooped. Everyone seems to tube them or get a different chassis, and I'm trying to keep the chassis on till I can make a tuber. I don't want it to drag too much nut where I am crawling there is alot of steep breakover stuff I keep flipping or getting hung up on. Am I goin' in the right direction trying to droop. Just rambling, lol, but I have a few wet days off to get something done, so if anyone has been there done that I'm totally open to suggestions. ANY at all! links, shocks,springs..... ANY Thanks all!"thumbsup"

Azcats1 09-17-2007 05:02 PM

I would like to know as well on which shocks to use......:roll:

3Samudra 09-18-2007 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
these are ofna shocks w/mini-t springs blue

the shock rod end has been replaced w/a rc4wd link end tomake it longer

little oil

ElChupacabra 09-18-2007 04:20 PM

Ok, I had the same idea you did about a week ago. I wanted to droop my stock shocks and chassis to see what I could get outta the rig with that setup. I drooped the stock shocks with no internals and it crawled a little better than stock but it sits too low to clear breaks and gets hung up a bit. I even made custom bent lower links to accomodate the belly dragging. Honestly I wasnt happy with the performance of the droop with everything else stock.

For $35 get some Evader shocks. Ive been pitching them all over this forum just because they are totally worth it. They perform great with leaving everything else on the AX10 stock. now my rig will outcrawl some local TLT comp rigs, my buddies scratch build WK comp rig, and the only thing that could make it crawl better now would be better tires (RC4WD 2.2 Mud Slingers on the way) and maybe a little better weight distribution (front axle saddle battery packs soon to be installed).

Bottom Line: I love the Evader shocks. For the price try them. If you dont like them throw them away or do whatever. I think theyre awesome....

joenoel 09-18-2007 04:37 PM

i used savage shocks and they worked perfect

solomon7 09-18-2007 08:48 PM

Where did ya get the Evaders at?

Barillms 09-19-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joenoel (Post 852294)
i used savage shocks and they worked perfect

You used Savage shocks for a droop set up? No spring?
They look really long... what oil weight are you using?
Please specify droop set up or NOT.. thanks man.

I was thinking of using Savage too. Not sure what oil... or spring yet.

crawls2thewalls 09-19-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon7 (Post 852643)
Where did ya get the Evaders at?

CLICK_HERE_FOR_LINK"thumbsup"

joenoel 09-19-2007 04:41 PM

it is a droop set up no springs and i used 30 weight i didnt fill the shocks all the way they sit bottomed out and it perfect the travel is unreal.

ElChupacabra 09-19-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joenoel (Post 853641)
it is a droop set up no springs and i used 30 weight i didnt fill the shocks all the way they sit bottomed out and it perfect the travel is unreal.

Too much articulation isnt always a good thing. Tons of threads about it so I wont even go into it. Id think those shocks would allow too much. Causes the rig to flop around and be prone to rollover in certain situations that arise fairly often IMO. I ran mine with 90 degrees of artic for a while and ended up hating it. Im running about 70-75 degrees now and it performs predictably and awesome...

solomon7 09-20-2007 12:02 AM

I;ve got the stockers drooped with internals limiting 1/2 inch at bottom of stroke annd 3/8 inch fuel tube and stock spacer on the outside. Just threw some bent links. It's got about 50 degrees articulation and it seems better but I'm still gonna get those Evaders soon. How long are they anyway?

theonek 01-03-2008 02:38 PM

i want to hear about the traxxas big bores?

juststartin 01-03-2008 03:54 PM

You can find evader rears on ebay for $25 shipped for 4. Thats what I did and love them.

SLOB 01-03-2008 04:11 PM

AX10 and Evader shocks.

About the Evader shocks going onto an AX10. I have an old Evader that I took the shocks off of and the fronts were shorter then the rears. I am assuming that only the rears are a direct bolt on? Thanks, SLOB.

juststartin 01-03-2008 05:09 PM

That is all I used was the rear.