Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Larger e-clips on shock shafts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Larger e-clips on shock shafts?

Took out my truck for it's first real rock crawling adventure and had an absolute blast. This thing does all the stuff I always wanted my electric and nitro rigs to do. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the speed stuff has worn off. I think part of it is the pain in the rear of finding big enough spaces that are still flat enough (and not just a road) to run cars at 40-50mph. Even then, you're just going around in circles, or back and forth.

Anyways, the only damage I ended up having was the shock shaft actually pulling right out of the body. I just noticed it this morning, so have no idea when/how it happened, although I'm assuming the wheel got bound up in a space and it just yanked it out. Destroyed one e-clip, but otherwise seems fine. I was wondering if anyone has tried larger e-clips on their shock shafts? The 2mm ones are pretty small. A 3mm is too loose, but I don't know if a 2.5mm would be as well. Seems like an area that could be beefed up, although I think I'm the only one that has done this to their shocks!

Chris
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

be more specific. The body?
Barillms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #3

The shock rod pulled out the bottom of the shock body? Maybe the E-clip was bent or not installed properly? I've never heard of that happening before. I would try re-installing a new E-clip and see if the problem happens again. Coulda been a fluke.
firetacoma is offline   Reply With Quote