RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   Driveshaft Upgrade Qs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/86509-driveshaft-upgrade-qs.html)

Barillms 09-27-2007 05:51 PM

Driveshaft Upgrade Qs

Are there metal yokes and drive shafts available?
Will the punisher shafts work?
If so, which one?

So.. whats the problem? The universal is twisting out of the end of the driveshaft?
Which shaft? Front or Back?

Whats the part # for the TMAXX shaft that is the best upgrade?

DRCMAN 09-27-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barillms (Post 863015)
Are there metal yokes and drive shafts available?
Will the punisher shafts work?
If so, which one?

So.. whats the problem? The universal is twisting out of the end of the driveshaft?
Which shaft? Front or Back?

Whats the part # for the TMAXX shaft that is the best upgrade?

PM sent "thumbsup"

jmizoguchi 09-28-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRCMAN (Post 863289)
PM sent "thumbsup"

I would like to know too.. PM me please!

Barillms 09-28-2007 09:17 PM

Is this correct??

I need to order 2 HD Stampede rear driveshafts.
And also 4 Stampede metal HD yokes?

And 4 Traxxas big bore TMAXX shocks,
and get White Losi XXT stadium truck springs.

And then get some butten head allen screws
for the center Y links at the hardware store, and use the washer to help hold.

What other tricks and/or improvements?

WKKILLER 09-29-2007 01:40 PM

I ran my with no problems and then doing some very mild stuff, the back driveshaft popped of the back of the tranny.

colonelangus 10-03-2007 05:49 PM

metal driveshafts

i contacted rc4wd to order punishershaft 2's they told me to wait a couple more weeks they were in the process of making axial ax10 specific driveshafts.?

TunaMaxx 10-03-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelangus (Post 869857)
i contacted rc4wd to order punishershaft 2's they told me to wait a couple more weeks they were in the process of making axial ax10 specific driveshafts.?

They told me the same thing! I don't know what doesn't work about the Punisher II's with the Scorpion, but apparently they don't...

semble 10-04-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelangus (Post 869857)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TunaMaxx (Post 870010)
They told me the same thing! I don't know what doesn't work about the Punisher II's with the Scorpion, but apparently they don't...

did they give either of you any kind of time frame on the shafts?

scatterbrains 10-04-2007 01:24 PM

sweet if thats the case thats what i will be waiting for:twisted:

Racer4Life 10-04-2007 02:02 PM

I heard that Integy may be making shafts for the AX-10. The Punisher shafts will be a bit overkill for the truck. The stampede shafts and yokes would be the best bet.

I don't really see a need to replace the shocks. Maybe some different rate springs, but the shocks are pretty smooth.

TunaMaxx 10-04-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semble (Post 870707)
did they give either of you any kind of time frame on the shafts?

Yes. On Monday, October 1st I received this from RC4WD:
Quote:

We working on a new shaft just for the AX10, we expect to finish them end of the week and ship next week.

grapegoat 10-04-2007 08:10 PM

I havent had any problems so far. I boiled my driveshafts and they popped right onto the metal yokes. they are holding up great. My upper links popped off but it hasn't made any noticeable play in the caster. I was pretty stupid and thought that the pins that go into the body mounts were the hex pins and was pissed that they didn't fit :roll::lol:. the only problem I had was one of my knuckles was hard to mount on to the axle C. So hard that I had to switch that axle for the back because it was very hard to turn. Im sure it was assembled right, but whatever, no big deal.

Racer4Life 10-04-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapegoat (Post 871194)
I was pretty stupid and thought that the pins that go into the body mounts were the hex pins and was pissed that they didn't fit :roll::lol:.

That's funny. I almost did the same thing. Then I thought, there will be a lot of people trying this and then sending a nasty gram to Axail only to find out they tried the wrong parts.:lol:

TunaMaxx 10-04-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapegoat (Post 871194)
I was pretty stupid and thought that the pins that go into the body mounts were the hex pins and was pissed that they didn't fit :roll::lol:.

Whew! Glad I am not the only one. I was just about to grab for the Dremel and make 'em fit when I saw the real ones. :shock:

grapegoat 10-04-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TunaMaxx (Post 871430)
Whew! Glad I am not the only one. I was just about to grab for the Dremel and make 'em fit when I saw the real ones. :shock:

Lol. Sorry to say but I did mod two of the metal hexes before I found the other pins :flipoff:. Then I was really pissed!!!