Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: SW3 Build with AX10 axles and tranny........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Brad.

Which white buggy springs did you use for this build?

is it the front springs or the rear losi ones.

i am just curious because i went to buy some yesterday and there were two rates.

another top notch build as always.

thanks again.
lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 AM   #82
Rock Stacker

he runs the 1.8's i believe
mtwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #83
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Brad.

Which white buggy springs did you use for this build?

is it the front springs or the rear losi ones.

i am just curious because i went to buy some yesterday and there were two rates.

another top notch build as always.

thanks again.
I do run the 1.8's, they are part number LOSA5147.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Talking

Mine is going together right now....can't wait......just need more hardware!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #85
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
Mine is going together right now....can't wait......just need more hardware!!
Let me know if you have any more build questions cato.

Thanks again,
Brad
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Talking

Thanks Brad.....I'll do that BTW ,,,looks like the second game had the outcome you desired Good one to watch...........
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Cool

Took the ax-10 / SW3 out, and am very impressed. Now I have a rig that does what I think it should........:-P

Ax-10'ers give the build a try, you'll be HAPPY
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #88
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Thanks Brad.....I'll do that BTW ,,,looks like the second game had the outcome you desired Good one to watch...........
Yes it did.

Quote:
Took the ax-10 / SW3 out, and am very impressed. Now I have a rig that does what I think it should........:-P

Ax-10'ers give the build a try, you'll be HAPPY
Thanks cato, your rig was working awesome today.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

WOW! I cant stop looking at this build. I have an axe and new to the sport and i am looking at getting some better perfomance. Besides the weight factor what else could the SW3 offer me compared to stock. I am just below 3" now with my big bores and losi whites (front) and Losi red (rear.) I love my setup but just cant break over ledges very well. Would the SW3 break over easier at the same chassis hight as what i am at now? This may be a stupid newbie question but i would have to think that being lighter and thinner than the stock chassis would help with breaking over things, but then again 3 inches of clearance is 3 inches of clearance.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #90
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky Krawler View Post
WOW! I cant stop looking at this build. I have an axe and new to the sport and i am looking at getting some better perfomance. Besides the weight factor what else could the SW3 offer me compared to stock. I am just below 3" now with my big bores and losi whites (front) and Losi red (rear.) I love my setup but just cant break over ledges very well. Would the SW3 break over easier at the same chassis hight as what i am at now? This may be a stupid newbie question but i would have to think that being lighter and thinner than the stock chassis would help with breaking over things, but then again 3 inches of clearance is 3 inches of clearance.
The SW3 can be set-up with a belly clearance of about 2" to almost 3 1/2", depending on shock set-up. It is a lot narrower set-up then the stock AX10 chassis, and I'm guessing it's lighter too. My chassis being lighter and narrower will help performance quite a bit. The narrow width does help avoid getting high centered on rocks. The link set-up is another thing that will change for the better over the stock AX10. With the SW3 AX10 build the upper and lower links are almost exactly the same length. Resulting in a nice smooth suspension set-up. My chassis also offers different upper link mounting points on the chassis, that gives the end user options to change the anti-squat for different terrains. There are a few guys here in Colorado running this set-up, and it works great. I've driven a couple of them and they perform just as good as my SW3 TLT, if not better. I may eventually switch to this set-up myself.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Thanks bender, i will order one asap. I have to be honest my two buddies bought an axe and have copied every upgrade that i have done, springs, revolver black brushless motors, mamba max, cutting the foams the same, and now they are giving me a good run for my money so i need that extra bit of advantage. Plus the way things are going if i get one, you will soon sell two additional ones to my two buddies, which doesnt hurt your business. Maybe if you have a second, and since you have the experience playing with the sw3 axial you can give me some pointers as far as what link holes and setup to use so that the anti-squatting and geometry is set right. my set up is tmaxx 4" big bores with 60 wt all the way around losi whites in the front and Reds in the rear. I have proline moab M3 and claws on the way this week. Right now my rig really likes to pull the front right off the ground and wont come back down. on the ground though i have zero torque twist. I am thinking of doing your 10wt in the front and 30 wt rear like you set this one up. Again i am new at this sport so I really appreciate your time and explaining things.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #92
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky Krawler View Post
Thanks bender, i will order one asap. I have to be honest my two buddies bought an axe and have copied every upgrade that i have done, springs, revolver black brushless motors, mamba max, cutting the foams the same, and now they are giving me a good run for my money so i need that extra bit of advantage. Plus the way things are going if i get one, you will soon sell two additional ones to my two buddies, which doesnt hurt your business. Maybe if you have a second, and since you have the experience playing with the sw3 axial you can give me some pointers as far as what link holes and setup to use so that the anti-squatting and geometry is set right. my set up is tmaxx 4" big bores with 60 wt all the way around losi whites in the front and Reds in the rear. I have proline moab M3 and claws on the way this week. Right now my rig really likes to pull the front right off the ground and wont come back down. on the ground though i have zero torque twist. I am thinking of doing your 10wt in the front and 30 wt rear like you set this one up. Again i am new at this sport so I really appreciate your time and explaining things.
Sounds good, let me know when you're ready to upgrade.

I found that setting the SW3 AX10 up with the upper links mounted in the middle hole to start worked good. That's where I ended up before I gave this rig to the owner. Running stiffer oil and springs in the rear shocks will help fight the torque twist, link set-up can play a big role too. I would lighten up your shock oil set-up in the front, it'll help the front axle flow with the terrain better. The front of my 2.2 comp rig will sag a little under it's own weight, while sitting on level ground.

Let me know if you have any more questions on set-up.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Great Ill keep you posted when I order my chassis and get some pictures up soon.

Thanks Again!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #94
Pebble Pounder

Could anyone give me the measurement for the lower links from center of the rod end pivots.

Thanks
SkR8pN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #95
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkR8pN View Post
Could anyone give me the measurement for the lower links from center of the rod end pivots.

Thanks
I don't remember what they were off hand now, I gave this rig to the owner a while ago. Maybe someone else will know.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #96
RCC Addict

brad, did you happen to notice/check the servo mounting plate on these? i was just wondering if a set of your servoplate/upper link mounts would bolt on to a set of these axles? the stock servo plate looks almost identical to a stock TLT servo plate...
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #97
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
brad, did you happen to notice/check the servo mounting plate on these? i was just wondering if a set of your servoplate/upper link mounts would bolt on to a set of these axles? the stock servo plate looks almost identical to a stock TLT servo plate...
The hole patterns are different between the TLT and the AX10 axles. But, there is enough room to add the AX10 mounting points to my TLT link mounts, without any holes hitting each other.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The hole patterns are different between the TLT and the AX10 axles. But, there is enough room to add the AX10 mounting points to my TLT link mounts, without any holes hitting each other.
cool, those link mounts are just so well made, i find it hard to give them up....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Cool

wheelbase 12.5 inch. Lower links 97mm eye to eye +-............Using Traxxas 61mm links.......cheap and strong also added 6mm of spacers on upper
rig is hooked-up
Old 11-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #100
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
wheelbase 12.5 inch. Lower links 97mm eye to eye +-............Using Traxxas 61mm links.......cheap and strong also added 6mm of spacers on upper
rig is hooked-up
Thanks for the info cato.