Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: SW3 Build with AX10 axles and tranny........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato
wheelbase 12.5 inch. Lower links 97mm eye to eye +-............Using Traxxas 61mm links.......cheap and strong8-) also added 6mm of spacers on upper
rig is hooked-up

Thanks Bender/Cato I cant wait till my stuff arrives. "Feelin like a kid in a candy store"
SkR8pN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #102
RCC Addict

skr8pn: "candy-store" reference hit home here too.... been into onroad etal for a while.......this is much more "grass-roots" !! Lovin it
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Bender I am going to buck up and get the chassis. You have links to the vendor thread i see. Do we post message you again there, and you supply us with the paypal info? Is that buying directly from you or do we still go through one of your sellers like RCP Crawlers? I am going to do the silver SW3 was wondering if they are in stock, and how long will that take to ship to Utah? I am stoked I've been told that I will be the first to run a bender Chassis in Utah according to the guys I compete with like Special Ed, Mike (driving Agent J), and K9popo (fatdog chassis) from nationals. I hope to get this chassis dialed in and give these guys a good impression. Feel free to send some swag or bender advertisement stuff such as stickersfor my crawler or daily vehicle and I will be happy to market and promote for you here locally. I will place my order by mid next week.

Thanks!

Last edited by Chaotic Crawlers; 11-16-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #104
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky Krawler View Post
Bender I am going to buck up and get the chassis. You have links to the vendor thread i see. Do we post message you again there, and you supply us with the paypal info? Is that buying directly from you or do we still go through one of your sellers like RCP Crawlers? I am going to do the silver SW3 was wondering if they are in stock, and how long will that take to ship to Utah? I am stoked I've been told that I will be the first to run a bender Chassis in Utah according to the guys I compete with like Special Ed, Mike (driving Agent J), and K9popo (fatdog chassis) from nationals. I hope to get this chassis dialed in and give these guys a good impression. Feel free to send some swag or bender advertisement stuff such as stickersfor my crawler or daily vehicle and I will be happy to market and promote for you here locally. I will place my order by mid next week.

Thanks!
I just sent you a PM, thanks.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Brad!

I will send some Cash mid next week for it.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

This may not be the easiest way to get the holes for the trans in the skid plate but it worked out for me. I don't have pictures so hopefully this makes sense.

1. Place a piece of tape over the skid plate and mark out a center line.
2. Place the trans on the skid plate in the chassis where you want it and make a mark on the tape where the trans ends as a guide to tell how far from the edge to be.
3. Place a piece of tape on the bottom of the trans and the tape to the size of the bottom.
4. Mark where the trans halfs come together and mark the 2 holes needed for drilling.
5. remove the tape from the bottom of the trans and place it on top of the tape on the skid lining up your center lines and the line you made for the end of the trans.
6. drill
Dewmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Talking

kinky krawler: you will not be dissapointed The rig just does everything you want it to. Not saying anything against the Stock Chass., but this rocks.......... LOL
Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

thanks Cato i am stoked! Being a newbie I can use any advantage I can get. Here locally we compete with about 50 guys each month and from those 50, 5 guys ranked really well at nationals so I hate getting schooled by them.

Bender love the new You Tube video and Dig setup you have on your Crawler!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Talking

kink: any time, if questions ask Bender, if he doesn't answer i'll try to help. But he is the man.....amazing to watch him drive and his rig just ooooze over the rocks. I know he just made his dig, but for the most part he never needed it...........
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Bender,

Do you still have some silver sw3 in stock? If so i would like to send you some cash tomorrow for one. I have a comp on Dec 8 so i would like to have the chassis here and put together a few days before that so i can tweak with things.

thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #111
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Bender,

Do you still have some silver sw3 in stock? If so i would like to send you some cash tomorrow for one. I have a comp on Dec 8 so i would like to have the chassis here and put together a few days before that so i can tweak with things.

thanks.
I do have them in stock.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:10 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

That looks really cool bender, now I wsh I had the money to build a ax 10.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Bender,

Just sent the cash via paypal for a silver sw3! thanks bud for all of your help. I cant wait to get it.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #114
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
That looks really cool bender, now I wsh I had the money to build a ax 10.
Thanks.

Quote:
Bender,

Just sent the cash via paypal for a silver sw3! thanks bud for all of your help. I cant wait to get it.
I got your order, I'll get it in the mail ASAP.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Bender, or anybody who may know

Maybe you could give me a heads up on link placement on the sw3 while i am waiting for my chassis. I would like to run just barely under 3" I am runing 4" shocks currently. I plan on using the stock AX links up top front and rear with the 6mm spacers like you did in this build, 61mm jato's for the front lower links and custom bent links for the lower rear. What upper link possition would you run? Is there a huge difference running the uppers from the lowest mounting point compared to the top mount?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #116
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Bender, or anybody who may know

Maybe you could give me a heads up on link placement on the sw3 while i am waiting for my chassis. I would like to run just barely under 3" I am runing 4" shocks currently. I plan on using the stock AX links up top front and rear with the 6mm spacers like you did in this build, 61mm jato's for the front lower links and custom bent links for the lower rear. What upper link possition would you run? Is there a huge difference running the uppers from the lowest mounting point compared to the top mount?
I ended up with the upper links in the center hole and that seemed to work pretty good all around. Moving the upper links around won't make a huge difference, but it can help in some terrain.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

would that make adjustments for anti squat in the rear, or is that controlled by something else? In your reply you said it might make a difference in some terrains. could you give me an example. What i have heard is that you want the uppers links parrallel with the lower links but every sw3 build i have seen has different link placement. Some run the fronts in the middle and the rears on the top mounts. As you know there are all sorts of SW3 builds on this forum with different link combinations.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #118
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
would that make adjustments for anti squat in the rear, or is that controlled by something else? In your reply you said it might make a difference in some terrains. could you give me an example. What i have heard is that you want the uppers links parrallel with the lower links but every sw3 build i have seen has different link placement. Some run the fronts in the middle and the rears on the top mounts. As you know there are all sorts of SW3 builds on this forum with different link combinations.
The upper links will adjust anti squat. But, final link set-up is personal preference, that's why you see so many different set-ups. A lot of guys like the upper and lower links to be parallel. I prefer my uppers to be flat at full droop of the suspension. It seems to unload less on steep climbs. Having more anti squat, upper links mounted close to lowers, seems to help fight torque twist too.

Here's a link with some more info and opinions on anti squat.
Anti Squat and Suspension Tech
Old 11-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Bender!

I just want to thank everyone for being cool on this thread. Being a newbie I see other newbies get ripped apart and made fun of all of the time. Sure I am sure you guys have wanted to do the same with me, so I really apreciate eveyone taking the time to explain things.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:21 AM   #120
Rock Stacker

Talking more $$$$$$$$$$

now i want one of these
flee is offline   Reply With Quote