Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Flogging the new crawler...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #1

Default Flogging the new crawler...

Newb here to the site..

But not to rock crawling, I have been rock climbing full size Lannd Cruisers for years. But just jumped into RC crawling about a year ago.

I take off road trips with a fellow cruiserhead that got me into RC crawling to pass the time in between trips. He built a tube buggy with clodbuster axles which we broke everything on them replacing it with Aluminum as the plastic parts broke. It now sits on all AL axles and can take a hell of a beating..Since we are not ones to pick it up if we get stuck, just like in real life on the trail.

I have was looking for a review of the AX-10 here on the forum since, the forum will give real feed back. I searched and did not come up with much but read through a few threads with common problems of ...driveshafts, knuckles, links..

I was wondering if someone could point me to a link of a review or an overview of what parts fail often and need a beefer option put in its place.

Looking to building this into a true crawler with the lowest gearing option out there...

Thanks,
-Al
lowtideride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

here's a few links...

New Tech Article
Live Axial AX-10 build
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCrawler View Post

Thanks for the links...Read them in full...
Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I have an AX10 and it is a great crawler right out of the box. Very Impressed! Two thumbs up... No disappointment here. Plenty of mods out there to make it a comp rig too. Kinda pricey to get going tho...i spent over $600 so far and still aint done but hey you know how the saying goes..."The older ya get the more expensive the toys get!"
Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #5

Like you I have been crawling in my Jeep for years. I recently got into this as a hobby and bought/built an AX-10. I love it. I have about $420 in mine and that includes the battery and a pretty good charger. I actually went to a comp today and was amazed how well it did. I learned a lot watching other guys run theirs and I think my years wheeling helped picking a line.

Also, my 7 year old son is doing this with me. Great way to spend a Sunday with him and sme of my friends.
Op4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #6

Very cool, I am in the process of making an fj45 body for it. I have some more reading to do before I pick a motor though, bushless or lathe im not sure...As for wheeling full size rigs and wheeling these, they are very much the same and its very easy to pick lines just likeon the trail..

Prophecy,
I have family in Alllentown PA, Havnt been there for at least 2 years...prob gonna fly in this christmas to see them.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #7

Well it seems the little rocks are just as bad as the big ones. Spent some time on the trail a few weeks agos and ended up with two broken axle shafts(on the real truck). Tonight I finished up some electronics with some help from my buddy Jer and hit the rocks. 3 minutes later the drive shaft exploded. It did not pop out, the arm the connects to the u-joint broke right off. This rig is going to need some metal shafts and since it seems there are never in stock. Ill have to come up with an alternate plan til then.

Ill grab some pictures tomorrow...

-Al