Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: scorpion Ax10 REQUIRES!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 PM   #1

Question scorpion Ax10 REQUIRES!!!

I am newbie about rc and I wanna get a rock crawler so I bought Ax10 scorpion rock crawler kit but it has lots of requires shown above;

Radio: 2-Channel with 1 Servo
Radio Batteries: ( AA size
Speed Control: Electronic speed control with On/Off switch
Motor: 540/550 size
Battery: 7.2V 6-cell stick pack with standard connector
Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
Misc. Items: Building and track equipment

help me about this trouble. couse I dont know that which radio,batteries,esc,motor and charger would I have.. and are there any other requires before play it?? Just tell me brand and model to buy them in tower hobbies http://www.towerhobbies.com/

thx for ur helping
akcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Look around a little bit, maybe try in the AX-10 section. This has been gone over many times.

Here are some of my suggestions, but it won't be cheap, but it is all what I personally run on mine.

Servo
Motor
ESC
Radio
Battery
Charger for battery
You'll also need some of these to tie it all together.

Total comes to $694.53 without shipping. Like I said, it's not the cheapest option by far, but it works great.

I also don't buy from tower either. You can usually find much better prices, and way better customer service by using the vendors here on the site.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Release your anger..

Take a look around the electronics forum and do a few searches
to see what setups some members run.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/

Also here are a few of the vendors that carry electronic parts and give you service.

HolmesHobbies
TCS
RCP
RPP
JPCustoms
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #4

i m sorry couse my english not very well so i wanna get urs opinion about these requires. but before that i searched a lot of knowledge for electronics i found thats so complicate for me. so thanx for helping
akcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

click_herefor the radio

click_here for the servo

click_here for the speed control

click_here for the motor

click_here for the charger

click_herefor the battery

a lot cheaper option, but still a great package...

Last edited by crawls2thewalls; 11-03-2007 at 04:17 AM.
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Hi, since I am sort of in the same boat remember DO NOT just order a AC/DC charger from the US. I presume Turkey is also 220v? I think all US chargers are all 110v (exept of course the 12v ones...).

I would get the charger and the batteries locally (and maybe the radio gear, there might be some radio frequencys that are ok in US but not in Turkey. Your local hobby store will know.).
trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #7

I run a Integy V10 Rock Crawler Hand Wound Motor 55t brushed motor
currently I have a duratrax intellispeed 16t electronic speed control but will be upgrading to the novak rooster as soon as I can afford it. And MOST importantly make sure you get a Hi-tec 645MG servo for steering, anything less proabaly won't last. pretty much any 2 channel radio will work, just make sure your servo plug-ins are the same through out.

Last edited by scorpion26; 11-05-2007 at 12:29 AM.
scorpion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I'm running a Futaba 2 Channel Am Radio and receiver with an LRP AI Runner ESC which is waterproof and a new Dirty Deeds 40 Turn 540/550 size Motor from JPCustomRC's. Hitec MG645 Servos...that's just my opinion because mine just quit working for no damn reason. I'm running a TowerPro MG945 Servo now and it does great and its cheaper than Hitec. I'm running a 7 cell brick pack from cheapbatterypacks.com but just recently got a 6 cell split pack which will mount on the front axle also from cheapbatterypacks.com. Don't give up on trying to figure it all out. Keep doing a lot of searching HERE on this forum and definitely support the vendors. They are all much better and usually cheaper and most of all specialize in this hobby.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have a rooster crawler a ckrc high torq sevo a tq traxxas radio and reciver and a 3600 nimh battery you ca find all these at ckrccrawers.com its easy to look through you should find what you want
jwilli2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #10

I highly recommend the suggestions made by crawlstothewalls. I use many of the items he lists with my AX10, and the others I use are even less expensive. The person who got me into crawing has invested twice what I have into his rig and my performance is quite comparible and in fact better in some ways.
The only specific recomendation I can make is for the Imex Rubicon tires. When more experienced crawlers who have used rock claws and Moabs and other highly respected tires see my crawler perform, they always seem impressed with the tires.
TyBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 AM   #11

Default Axi 2212

I've decided to go with a MambaMax ESC, and have read the AXI 2212 is a recommended outrunner brushless. Would this be suitable for the AX10? Or are those motors more suitable for large rigs. If it's good, should I go /20,/26, or /34 spec?
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawls2thewalls View Post
click_herefor the radio

click_here for the servo

click_here for the speed control

click_here for the motor

click_here for the charger

click_herefor the battery

a lot cheaper option, but still a great package...
What kind of run time do you get with that set-up? Specifically with the 1500Mah saddle pack?

Thanks,
Mike
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Look around a little bit, maybe try in the AX-10 section. This has been gone over many times.

Here are some of my suggestions, but it won't be cheap, but it is all what I personally run on mine.

Servo
Motor
ESC
Radio
Battery
Charger for battery

Total comes to $694.53 without shipping. Like I said, it's not the cheapest option by far, but it works great.

I also don't buy from tower either. You can usually find much better prices, and way better customer service by using the vendors here on the site.
Hi Jason, where do you mount the Lipo?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

Servo
Motor
ESC
Radio
Battery
Charger for battery

I was looking at your suggestion for set-up and seen that the motor you suggested is the Integy Matriz Pro Lathe 55T single Motor . . . the ESC that you suggested is the Castle Creations Mamba Max, which I thought was a brushless controller. Will these two work together, I don't think that they will?????

Thanks
TNT_Pulling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I believe the Mamba Max is like the Novak Goat and will support either brushed or brushless..
Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #16

You are right Mike . . . before I posted the above, I just looked at Castle Creations website and seen it was just advertised as brushless. Then just now I looked at the user's manual on-line and it shows a brushless or brushed set-up.

Thanks
TNT_Pulling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

This is what I have in my AX-10

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKYN6&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZP8&P=7

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JSP20071

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPM20300

Hope this helps out
4X4 JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #18

We ran the Novak Goat with a 1500mAh lipo (weighs nothing and can be positioned virtually anywhere) and it gave us over half an hour of run time whilst making out video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8bw2kxXSY

Had a great laugh, more than enough play time, but we took two packs anyway - as you do !

I too have tried the tower pro servos and two of them (rear wheel steering as well) now grace my AX10 Scorpion, they are cheap indeed but cope with everything, but I have fitted servo savers too, to be kind, they can cost you control in a tight spot, you can't wrench the wheels round when trapped between rocks cos the servo saver gives it away, but that's better than ripping gears out all the time.

If you have a two channel radio be sure and get a Y lead for the servos (if rear wheel steering) but if you go for a three channel radio with mixing you can do all the funky stuff you see the wheels doing in the above vid, steering together, steering opposite, even steering just the rear wheels with the third channel button, what a hoot !
Dez82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82 View Post
We ran the Novak Goat with a 1500mAh lipo (weighs nothing and can be positioned virtually anywhere) and it gave us over half an hour of run time whilst making out video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF8bw2kxXSY

Had a great laugh, more than enough play time, but we took two packs anyway - as you do !

I too have tried the tower pro servos and two of them (rear wheel steering as well) now grace my AX10 Scorpion, they are cheap indeed but cope with everything, but I have fitted servo savers too, to be kind, they can cost you control in a tight spot, you can't wrench the wheels round when trapped between rocks cos the servo saver gives it away, but that's better than ripping gears out all the time.

If you have a two channel radio be sure and get a Y lead for the servos (if rear wheel steering) but if you go for a three channel radio with mixing you can do all the funky stuff you see the wheels doing in the above vid, steering together, steering opposite, even steering just the rear wheels with the third channel button, what a hoot !
Cool video, I need to post up my build.

The Gooch
El Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #20

for the esc i love the rooster crawler and have not had any problems yet
milla1122 is offline   Reply With Quote