Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Whats The Best Option For Motor And Speed Control For The Ax-10? Price Is No Option!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #21
RCC Addict

i second or third the 55t and novak crawler rooster

control control....

Last edited by xgerstandtx; 11-16-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: page setup
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by legobrains View Post
Why? is it because is is smooth at very low speeds, or less cogging?

The mamba seems attractive because you can program it on the Computer. Even when properly programed, you still think the quark is better? any Why?

(not being argumentative, I just want to hear your opinion. I have a quark 33 in my Trex Helicopter, and I was thinking whether I should get a mamba max for my crawler, or take the quark 33 out of the heli for the crawler, and replace the Trex with a castle creations phoenix 35.)
Read this and watch the video, it speaks for itself. Is the quark realy smoother than a mamba 25??

If you already have a quark then by all means use it in the scorpion, thats what I am running, it is the closest to brushed feel that i have ever gotten out of a brushless and the drag brake is insaine.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I may be incorrect here, but don't you need the Quark 33 Procar for a crawler?

If it's in a helicopter it might not have the same profiles as the land version. I'm just going off memory though.

But I agree, the Quark is an awesome speed control.

John, you're correct but he runs a brushed motor in his TLT.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

No, the quark 33 will work, thats what I have. Just put it in 3d air mode instead of car mode. 3d air mode gives instant reverse and car mode has to stay in neutral for 1 second before it will go into reverse.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, you learn something new every day.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I run the mamba 25 and the crawlmaster and my Buddie runs the goat, they both work great. and with the rite tire and weight setup their unstoppable.
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
I may be incorrect here, but don't you need the Quark 33 Procar for a crawler?

If it's in a helicopter it might not have the same profiles as the land version. I'm just going off memory though.

But I agree, the Quark is an awesome speed control.

John, you're correct but he runs a brushed motor in his TLT.
Thanks for the answer Kamikaze, and the link

and Highmark, yeah it has 7 programmable modes, and 3 of them are for different types of air. a sport mode, and like 2 different extreme types. and of course a car mode and some others i cant remember.
legobrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I sure like my Novak Goat brushless, it works awesome.
RC Rock Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Mamba Max/CrawlMaster Combo from RCP, for the price you cant beat any other setup for brushless.

Unlike the Quark, which has preset modes :-(, the Mamba Max has UNLIMITED programability :-P. Even if it is just adjusting drag brake a few notches, it could drastically improve the effectiveness of your crawler. Plus if you do decide to run a brushed motor with the Mamba Max, it is just a simple conversion. Another upside with the CrawlMaster is its size. It is relatively stout, meaning you can move the tranny closer to the front.

If you do decide to run a Mamba Max/CrawlMaster, use the extra cash you still have to purhcase replacement parts.
FatGremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGremlins View Post
Unlike the Quark, which has preset modes :-(, the Mamba Max has UNLIMITED programability :-P. Even if it is just adjusting drag brake a few notches, it could drastically improve the effectiveness of your crawler.
Yeah!! Who wants a smooth controller when thay can have unlimited options and all the cogging you could ever want, for twice the money!!

Unlimited progamability is great if it actualy worked good. The quark works the best, so what if it doesn't hook up to the pc. Have you even tried both controlers for yourself???
Old 11-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #31
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The MM isn't that bad Kami, but right now the quark has the upper hand on motor control.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The MM isn't that bad Kami, but right now the quark has the upper hand on motor control.
I know, I just felt like a little sarcasim, bad day you know.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah!! Who wants a smooth controller when thay can have unlimited options and all the cogging you could ever want
Right now I feel pretty bad for your crawler if you are experiencing "cogging". Itchy throttle finger? There is an exercise to prevent that. I have yet to witness this cogging you speak of. Maybe it is just because my crawler doesnt exceed more than 5-10 mph, if that. I might need to get a larger pinion to have these affects.

But this is what it all comes down to: if you cant decide, and since money is not an option, purchase both, run your truck using both setups on the gnarlyest terrain you can find, then pick which one works better and sell the other.
FatGremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Rooster crawler, and a 65T worked perfect for me. gonna get a 85 as soo as TCS gets the punnishers in!
Crispychiknhead is offline   Reply With Quote