Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 Fatdog tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default AX-10 Fatdog tuber

It is now a build thread. Check down below!

Well there is no need to have a build thread because this is basicly a stock ax10 with a fatdog tuber mounted up. i bought this Fatdog tuber off here for something different to try out. I didn't use the stock skid plate from the tuber right now because i don't have any short links that will work. Need to order some. So anyhow, since i don't have any short links i chose to use the stock skid and cut down the stock side plates to where only the links mount up. I then just screwed the chassis to the side plates. It actually worked out good. I will see how it does like this and may change it later. I took it out in the back yard rock pile and it did really good. Much better than my stock setup. I also have some losi rock claws i need to install. I also broke the front top link mount where they connect together to the axles. So there is only one link up front right now.

I need to fix/change the shocks. They are leaking real bad and not working right. Once i work on the suspension i think it will really crawl good.

Now i just need to add more weight to the front and permantly mount the disconnect servo. And get rid of the rest of the GREEN. I think this setup is going to work really well.

Here are some pics. I should have taken them before i Scratched it all up. I added a couple of new panels and all NEW stickers.

Last edited by Xtreme RC; 11-26-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

if you buy the correct links this is what it can look like

rear shock mounting

it has a very agressive stance

i like the new paint job....
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That is awesome, It is real looking. What length are those integy shocks, they look short to me.
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Fathead, Thanks. I plan on buying the right links and using the skid plate for the chassis but i am impatient and wanted to get the tube chassis mounted up so i used what i had.

By the way, are those losi shocks that you used. XXXt's or something. I have some associated factory team shocks i am going to use i think off of a t4. When i redo the links i plan on getting the tuber powdercoated also.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yes they are xxxt shocks, but any stadium truck shock should work
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

it looks good and it is a very capable rig when you set it up right. I like the new paint job, and I cant wait to see it finished .... good job...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well this wasen't going to be a build thread but i have decided i didn't like the way i had it. Plus i want to use the stock skid for the chassis and change it all up.

First up.... Tear it all back down. And then get rid of all the green. Here is what it looks like now. The chassis is off to the Powder coater. I will get it back on wednesday. I also bent the front and rear links and also cut the front links to get it at a 12 1/2" WB. It is now standing at a 60/40 setup.

Now it is time to get rid of the green. I got my drill out and sandpaper to get rid of the green. I also picked up a couple of revo links for my upper rear links. They are RED so i have to get rid of that also. On to the pics.

Ok now that all the green is gone and the red it is time to mount up the links. I drilled two new holes in the rear upper plate to mount the rear upper links. The rear links were pretty easy. The front links were alittle more difficult. I took one of the extra upper links i am not using and cut it in half. I used them as spacers out from the chassis. Worked out good till i went to mount the tranny.

After getting the links all mounted up it was time to mount the tranny. I had to slightly mount the tranny a hair to the right so it would clear the front upper links. I mounted the outdrive yoke as close as i could to the upper link mount. I may change this later. Well see.

Now here is how it sits after this evening. I think it is looking good. The stance is looking much better. Once i get the chassis back and get it mounted i can work on the suspension. I haven't taken off the integy shocks but i don't plan on using them. Plan on using some Associated t4 shocks.

Well let me know what you think so far. Good or Bad.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Lookin good to me. Whats your skid clearance going to be?
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Won't know for sure until i get the chassis mounted and the shocks set. But in the pics it is sitting at just below 3" right now. Well the front of the skid is sitting at 2.75" and the back is 3".
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Looking much better...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

WOW, what an improvement.... I like what you've done so far keep us posted on this thread...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Shoot makes me mad I'm still tinkering with mine! Looks good.

I still have a very odd idea for links...its kind of hard to do with the way the FatDog is stock...shortly I hope to have some pics.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Looks good! Now hurry up and get it done so we can crawl!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

NICE JOB, keep the pics coming..
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawls2thewalls View Post
NICE JOB, keep the pics coming..
As you wish!

Got the tuber back today from being powder coated. Looks awsome. Very nice durable finish. It is a metalic blue. Heading to the garage to get it mounted up. Be back shortly with more pics.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The blue does look sweet!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

where can I get the fatdog tuber chassis.
mannysouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannysouza View Post
where can I get the fatdog tuber chassis.
Here is a good start! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93721 Not positive who you buy just the chassis from. Just the other day there was one for sale i think in the for sale section. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Ok, i got the chassis all mounted up along with the shocks. But it is going to sit to low with no springs. So i temporarily took some fuel tubing and made some stops for the ride height. I am not a bid fan of this droop setup. And i don't see how adding internal springs will help my situation. I need some type of springs on the outside. Anyhow it is sitting right where i want it now. I don't really have any wheels right now for mock up so i grabbed some cheap new bright ones to look at with my rock claws. My rc4wd rock stars should be here by the end of the week hopefully.

And i am not positive what i am going to do about body panels. I may go with something besides silver. Maybe some thin aluminum panels. well see.

Here is how it sits right now. First my wheels!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Default shocks

what kind of shocks are those i like them
caddyshack is offline   Reply With Quote