RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   4 link limited articulation (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/94033-4-link-limited-articulation.html)

jwilli2213 11-29-2007 07:03 PM

4 link limited articulation

i put the rcp 4 link mounts on my ax10 ant it seems like it limited my articulation a lot. lets say i go over a rock with just one front tire, with the 3 link one tire would stay on the ground and one would go up the rock now witht the 4 link they both come of the fround still has a tilt to it but the tire is not on the ground, hope you understand what i saying did i tighten them to much or something thanks

binaryterror 11-29-2007 08:24 PM

Did you mount the mount to the top or the bottom of the plate?

I found changing the length of my links changed things as well. So I think I'm doing ok now.

toyofast 11-29-2007 09:20 PM

I bet you need to play with the ball ends where they attatch to the links. Make sure there is no binding. Can you work it by hand? I find that if the setup feels a bit stiff... work the suspension by hand a few dozen times and things free up.

jwilli2213 11-30-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 942530)
Did you mount the mount to the top or the bottom of the plate?

I found changing the length of my links changed things as well. So I think I'm doing ok now.

on the top of the plate

binaryterror 11-30-2007 06:48 AM

Put those guys on the bottom, works much better and in stock form allows more articulation before you hit the upper links with the shock bodies.

xgerstandtx 11-30-2007 08:51 AM

i found that when i converted mine to 4 link the suspension it limited my articulation. that is when i was using the plastic balls in the end links changed to the metal ones and that made all the difference

jwilli2213 11-30-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgerstandtx (Post 942981)
i found that when i converted mine to 4 link the suspension it limited my articulation. that is when i was using the plastic balls in the end links changed to the metal ones and that made all the difference

i was thinking about that where can i get just the metal balls or do i have to go buy hole rod ends.

Yawzer 11-30-2007 10:35 AM

I did the same - I bought the "Traxxas rod end set (for the metal balls) and the AX800005 post/linkage set from CKRC - if you use the angled ends (like the stock ones on the body end of the upper links) where you connect to your new 4 link - you will not have any artic. probs - mount the link under the plate. My articulation actually inproved - much smoother. And a matter of reference - the stock link is a 4 link wishbone not a 3 link !