Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My AX-10 X-Trail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #21

ok i have another problem now :S :( I got the new esc all hocked up, batts fully charge, everything plugged in... Now the rig drives great for awhile, but then everything stops... then a little while later it goes again... then it stops again :S now upon further inspection it seems to be the spektrum reciever im using is losing power somehow... The esc lights stay on but the reciever light goes out and i dont have any controls... So any idea how i can fix this? BEC maybe? I dont really know what a BEC does so... Im running an mtronik rv 15 esc, 55t motor, MG995 servo, spektrum rx and tx all on a 3800 nihm 7.4v pack... any help is apreciated... cheers...
Jaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #22

Wow great looking rig. Love your photos. Don't know about the spektrum losing power...
Dmitchell80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

you need an external BEC. Mine did the same thing it buged me for days trying to figure out what was wrong. what is the bec in your ESC rated at?
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

well your mtronik rv 15 ESC is only puting out 1.2 amps for the servo and reciver which in a crawler setup with a high torqe servo just aint cutin it. I would just put the old esc back in it and water proof every thing because just running a waterproof esc aint going to be enoght. u need to do the reciver and the servo. so just get u some gladware or whatever and box the esc up. i run my container with the top off until i go in the mud that way the esc doesnt get to hot. now your tire qustion. I just drill a small hole in the wheel which really helps get the tire to bit the rocks and logs but if your going to be runnnin in the mud alot i would think twice about the hole. i have never really had a problem. dont cut the tires i did it to my lizards and the cuts got bigger and bigger. hope this helps
Old 01-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #25

helps alot mate thanks Problem is it was also doing it with my Mamba Max ESC, just not as often :( Also that esc has gone back into my other on-road car so i cant use it anymore :( I'll look into some BEC's, Any in particular that you all suggest is good value for money? Cheers
Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...0&cat=2&page=1 thats a great BEC. If u want a low buck fix just get an old servo and cut the connecter off it. Then splice the + and - of the connecter wires into the + and - of the battery wires. then plug the old servo connecter into the B port on the reciver. MAKE SHORE U CUT THE ESC OFF!!! now to turn the truck on just plug the battery in and its on do not use the esc switch just turn it to off and tape it up! it works ok and gives the servo tons of power but u have to be very careful when doing this. or u can run battery wires straig to the servo and use the bec only for the reciver thats an easy and safe way also. sorry i kinda get on a roll and cant stop
Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #27

Thanks rockin92xj Bit more dorra then i was hoping for as it looks like i need two of em... i got two rigs haha :-(

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hobbywing-Swi...QQcmdZViewItem
Would that do any good? or am i better off saving? Also with the BEC do i need to unplug the power from esc to reciever or just plug and play?

Cheers