Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Crawler newbie ..Motor and drivehshaft ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #1

Default Crawler newbie ..Motor and drivehshaft ??

sup everyone ...im new to cralwers but not rc.....so yes i just built an axial cralwer today and was so stocked to run it but out the box i broke the plastic yoke :(...im not sure what motor to run so i had a 21 turn...

is this why i broke the plastic yoke?? too much power?? (i was trying to climb my couch)

so now im going to have to get new drive shaft and is there anyway to get metal ones you can use?? or are the plastic ones my only option?? also were to get them alot of places seem to be sold out online..

also if i have to run a higher turn motor like 55T can i use this things right out the bag..put deans on them with wires and im ready to go or does it require more to get it going bocs when i look at towerhobbies the55T Pro Lathe motor by Team Matrix REQUIRES: item# INTC1394 (motor lathe) looks like some electirc system??

thanks;;
alex
alex718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

That's the lathe its meant to be used in.... All you need is an Integy 55t motor and some capacitors to solder to it. The lathe is for turning the commes on brushed motors.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
That's the lathe its meant to be used in.... All you need is an Integy 55t motor and some capacitors to solder to it. The lathe is for turning the commes on brushed motors.

ok so the 55t motor is just like everyother motor?? 15t, 17t, 21t etc.. i just dont understand the lathe thing...

so i can buy the motor and solder on wires with deans and im ready to go or do i have to but that machine to tune it/get it running...??
Old 12-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex718 View Post
ok so the 55t motor is just like everyother motor?? 15t, 17t, 21t etc.. i just dont understand the lathe thing...

so i can buy the motor and solder on wires with deans and im ready to go or do i have to but that machine to tune it/get it running...??
You don't need anything but the Motor. Just go +/- and your all good. Also remember this is crawling. So things tend to break no matter what you do. I would look into some Alumn yokes.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
You don't need anything but the Motor. Just go +/- and your all good. Also remember this is crawling. So things tend to break no matter what you do. I would look into some Alumn yokes.

in the axial kit the yokes that go onto the axles are metal but the drive shafts are plastic...

shouldent they have came metal also not plastic..did they break bcos my 21 turn motor was to powerful??

and were can i get meatl driveshafts for this truck??

here is a pic...do they make meatal drive shafts or is there somthing esle i could use that is stronger??

Last edited by alex718; 12-01-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

RC4wd makes some Metal Driveshafts. Might try bumping up to Max or Revo Shafts. The Ax-10 had some issues with the Pins there aswell, but I'm not sure if that would have caused that.

http://rc4wdstore.com/index.php?cPath=63
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
RC4wd makes some Metal Driveshafts. Might try bumping up to Max or Revo Shafts. The Ax-10 had some issues with the Pins there aswell, but I'm not sure if that would have caused that.

http://rc4wdstore.com/index.php?cPath=63
thanks ..that was just what i was lookin for .....but they say sold out on the top of the page but you can buy them?? which one is it ;)....

no matter what hooby you get into your in the hole with money..last month it was dirfting for me now this month crawlers...and alot of money it to it already
Old 12-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #8
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex718 View Post
thanks ..that was just what i was lookin for ..... which one is it ;)....
the one that says AX10
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #9

I broke my driveshafts within the first week just from torque. I ordered the metal ones from RC4WD but they're still on back order. As a temporary fix I bought some Traxas Jato shafts and put my metal Axial yokes on them and haven't had a problem yet.
moonweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Use the jato half shafts. They are a direct swap and alot tougher than the stock axial peices and they fit the stock metal yolks.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Use the jato half shafts. They are a direct swap and alot tougher than the stock axial peices and they fit the stock metal yolks.
do you have a part # for the half shafts
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post
the one that says AX10

why are you rolling you eyes...did you read what i said..its say sold out, but your still able to purchase it...hence "which ones is it" meaning sold out or not
Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweed View Post
I broke my driveshafts within the first week just from torque. I ordered the metal ones from RC4WD but they're still on back order. As a temporary fix I bought some Traxas Jato shafts and put my metal Axial yokes on them and haven't had a problem yet.
sweet!! can you post pics as a referance..
Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post

yes do you have the part number?? i check the EXPLODED ASSEMBLY VIEWS for jato on traxxas but cant find them in the assambly section..

i went on ebay is it this one link #1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Half-Sha...QQcmdZViewItem

or this one link #2

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRAXXAS-JATO...QQcmdZViewItem

or link #3
http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Left-Or-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by alex718; 12-02-2007 at 09:17 AM.