Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Transmission Defect?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #1

Default Transmission Defect?

first off let me say i LOVE this kit, one of the nicest builds i have had in a while. it would have been perfect except for one part. one of the plates used to lock out what would be the differential in the tranny was machined improperly. where the large main support bearing should fit onto the plate is machined down way too small so the gear just kind of flops around in there. the output shaft on the same plate for the drive yoke is also machined down too small and the yoke wobbles on it.

i understand that mistakes happen and wouldn't shy away from ever buying another axial product. im just wondering where i can locate on of these plates (part #AX30404) . i checked through the hobbystore i work at and none of our distributors are out of stock on them.

thanks in advance on any ideas.
DimeBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

didnt have that problem.. there is absolutely no slop in mine..
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimeBag View Post
first off let me say i LOVE this kit, one of the nicest builds i have had in a while. it would have been perfect except for one part. one of the plates used to lock out what would be the differential in the tranny was machined improperly. where the large main support bearing should fit onto the plate is machined down way too small so the gear just kind of flops around in there. the output shaft on the same plate for the drive yoke is also machined down too small and the yoke wobbles on it.

thanks in advance on any ideas.

I bet a dollar you are the first to have this issue. The instructions are prety damn good about giving warnings to pay attention to certain minor details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimeBag View Post
im just wondering where i can locate on of these plates (part #AX30404) . i checked through the hobbystore i work at and none of our distributors are out of stock on them.

If you checked and none are out of stock, that means they are in stock...right? You work at a hobby shop..... I've seen those folks that work in those places. Better re-read the directions again.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
If you checked and none are out of stock, that means they are in stock...right?
Damn you're good.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0404&search=Go
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

you can try to email axial ...they have great customer service i hear...if it's a defect ,they may just send you one...just a thought....also are you sure your using the right bearings? i only say this because it would be odd that just 1 of these would be machined wrong..

Last edited by TIMZKRAWLER; 12-03-2007 at 02:36 PM.
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #6

sorry for the typo, didnt notice i screwed that one up. you would probably win that bet toyo, i know everyone loves these bad boys myself included. its just my kind of luck to get the one with the diff locker the lathe decided to take its frustrations out on.

i didnt even think to check tower, guess my brain was working on the same wavelength it was when i typed that sentence, its been a long weekend.

i gotta find my micrometer to take a picture so you can see it is in fact a defect, and not a lack of comprehension on my part.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #7

heres the good side, measures .31 inches

and the bad one, measures .28 inches.

you can kind of see the size difference (bad one on the left). no worries now though got another set on order from tower.

thanks EeePee.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

one of my output shafts on the tranny was to large, when I called Axial they were skeptical. So I drove over there and to their disbelief mine was bad. However, in 15 mins they replaced it with a good one and I was on my way
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

you can see it pretty easily, im sure this is something axial would be happy to know about and replace. if theres something churning out bad parts they probably want to know.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #10

i talked to axial today, the guy was skeptical as well. he asked me to send it back to check it out but this project has a little bit of a tight timeframe so im better off just ordering from tower with priority mail.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Hmmm.... odd. You win the prize!!!!
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSAR2&P=7

Instock go check it out
4X4 JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote