Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Finally got one..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #1

Default Finally got one..

Well I finally got my Axe 10 today. I got it from CKRC Crawlers. Started the build today but will finish tomorow.. I'm running a integy 55t, with a 6cell battery and using a traxxas TQ-3 for a radio. For right now I have to use my wheely king stock speed speed controller till I can afford a quark 33 and run it with lipos.

My question I have is it came with the gray springs, I had to put my biggest spacer on my shocks other wise the spring was just way to loose. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated?
mikenredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #2

Default Less stroke after final assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenredding View Post
My question I have is it came with the gray springs, I had to put my biggest spacer on my shocks other wise the spring was just way to loose. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated?
I belive the gray springs are standard parts. When you assembly the shocks onto your AX10 the total stroke of the shocks will become less and they wont be loose anymore. I guess so
Rakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #3

ok thanks, will try it.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #4

I gave up on the stock shocks after running them for 3 days... I ended up going with Traxxas Big Bores.
moonweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Did you put the spacer thats on the outside on the shock shaft in the inside of the shocks
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

dude save yourself alot of grief. just go out and buy some better shocks wether its a set of traxxas big bore's or a set of integy hop-ups its worth it to save your sanity. i have tinkered with those crappy shocks and springs for about 1 month before getting rid of them.. The shocks are worth keeping if you are going to use different springs and make the necessary adjustment to make them work, if not get rid of them...

just my 2 cents
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #7

Thanks guys.. I do have one boneheaded mistake that I made last night and don't know if I should fix it or if it even makes a difference at all. I put the steering on the wrong end, don't ask me how I did it and did'nt notice it till this morning. I was up late putting it together last night. Does it make a difference? by having the transmition facing the other way?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
MODERATOR™

You can run the transmission either way. Makes no difference really.

And personally, I have no problems or issues with the stock shocks. I put the travel limiter inside, and then made new outside limiters. So the shock is both shorter and travel limited, and it works just fine. I also use the stock springs and have no complaints. No preload spacers either, as torque roll is a minimum with the TCS Boomerang upper link mount. I went to a softer spring, and ended up going back to the stock springs. If I run the lightweight wheel set up, the truck is a maybe a little stiff. If I run the heavy wheels, the springs are almost too soft.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I havnt had a problem with the stock shocks since I put the limiter on the inside and got rid of the O ring. Now the shock caps dont pop off. I think I am going to get some traxxas shocks anyways though.
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks guys.. I do have one boneheaded mistake that I made last night and don't know if I should fix it or if it even makes a difference at all. I put the steering on the wrong end, don't ask me how I did it and did'nt notice it till this morning. I was up late putting it together last night. Does it make a difference? by having the transmition facing the other way?
I did this too, at first. The destructions arent very clear on this AND the rear knuckles. Im one of those that ended up with 4 of the same knuckles and had to spin my rears to face forward to get them to work. I couldnt sleep at nite with the trans facing the other way, so I fixed it.

Is there a axial rep here? Id like to get the right rear knuckles so I can add rear steer later. I read somewhere here that a dude wrote and got the right ones mailed to him for free??????
SuperNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #11

Default No problem

Quote:
I put the steering on the wrong end, don't ask me how I did it and did'nt notice it till this morning. I was up late putting it together last night. Does it make a difference? by having the transmition facing the other way?
Don't worry. I guess by assembling the transmition by that way the twisting of the chassis (due to the torque forces) will be even less than normal (as standard position). I've noticed that when I run the truck backwards
Old 12-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #12

we'll see, got all the electronics working and installed. working on the tires now. I ended up cutting about a 1/4 widthwise out of the foam, sidewalls have nice flex and tread is firm.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #13

Hi all, I got my ax10 all put together except for the body. I have question about the noise I hear when running the truck? It sounds like a loud gear noise whenever I'm under power. Is that normal,
The torque is awsume, even with the stock 7.2volt 6cell battery running the 55t motor. I know I have some tweaking to do but was wondering about the noise?

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and tips...
Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #14

Default Air gab?

Quote:
I have question about the noise I hear when running the truck? It sounds like a loud gear noise whenever I'm under power. I know I have some tweaking to do but was wondering about the noise?..
I think the noise is related to the gap between the motor pinion (14T) and the spur (87T). I myself don't know how much air gap is correct, but if it is too small the rotation gets difficult and noisy. If the air gap is bigger, the movement gets smooth and makes almost no sound (almost motor only).
Try to increase that gap with very small steps. If the gap is however too big you may brake the plastic tooths on the spur! NO NO NO
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #15

thanks rakuda, that was the problem. I loosened the pinion and no more noise. thanks