Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 Upgrade Questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default AX10 Upgrade Questions.

I just completed the upgrade on the home page for my AX10. Well, kind of. I did not do the Traxxas axle upgrade, and tires. Everything else was done and it runs great. Even with my old E-Maxx battery sitting up on top of the mounting plate. I only put two of the bent links on (in the rear). Do I need to put two on the front or is it just personal preference? Also, I read somewhere in a thread when someone saw a members picture of his AX10 he said that the motor/transmission was mounted on backwards. I am wondering if this was also an issue that I need to fix, as of right now the truck runs great. Thanks for some info.

Turn your head to the right to view.

Last edited by SLOB; 12-11-2007 at 09:46 PM.
SLOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOB View Post
I just completed the upgrade on the home page for my AX10. Well, kind of. I did not do the Traxxas axle upgrade, and tires. Everything else was done and it runs great. Even with my old E-Maxx battery sitting up on top of the mounting plate. I only put two of the bent links on (in the rear). Do I need to put two on the front or is it just personal preference? Also, I read somewhere in a thread when someone saw a members picture of his AX10 he said that the motor/transmission was mounted on backwards. I am wondering if this was also an issue that I need to fix, as of right now the truck runs great. Thanks for some info.
I ran both bent links .. you can flip the direction of your rig and reverse throttle on transmitter. just torque difference. normal way, left rear shock will move because of the torque

some of my mods progress are here
http://gallery.mac.com/xtremeracingteam
jmizoguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'd maybe stick about a half inch of fuel tubing on the shock shafts to limit the articulation. A little less floppy, and it might reduce the axle steer a bit more. Just a thought.
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon7 View Post
I'd maybe stick about a half inch of fuel tubing on the shock shafts to limit the articulation. A little less floppy, and it might reduce the axle steer a bit more. Just a thought.

X2 That's what I have in mine is 1/2". Articulation isn't everything.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

the direction of the transmission makes no difference

i've had it both ways, currently i have it "backwards" (spur facing front) so i can put a large zip tie on the driveshaft, i kept snapping small ones
some_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Whats the large zip tie for????
El Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote