Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Wrecker's '08 Comp Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #41
MODERHATER™

Hmmm, mine cost $80 in my 2.2 + a tube o' jb weld, do I need to include the motors?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #42
[HOONIGAN]

For $90 they are plenty drivable, Jason beat the crap out of his stockers with no problems after he moved the tie rod to below the knuckle. You know how it goes, you can always dump more money into anything, wether it be necissary or not. I know the axles on your super weren't $80. Bling Bling!!
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #43
MODERHATER™

Axle kit 41.99 x 2

Aluminum knuckles 28.99

Straight axle adapters 28.99

Straight axles 23.99

Aluminum c's 28.99

Heavy duty gears 21.99 x 2

Battery/servo plate 20.99

=

259.91+ some shipping?

I think I like my new custom axles.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #44
[HOONIGAN]

Finally got around to to making some new links for this thing so the geometry is correct. I also decided to redo the rear upper link mounting positions again. With the previous version the rear upper links mounted really high and didn't give me any room to mount a dig servo on the rear axle. With this new setup they mount a lot lower giving me a little better geometry and now I've got the whole plate to mount my dig servo and linkage while keeping it nice and low (the plate is still the mock up plate, hence all of the holes, it will get replaced once I decide on final mounting positions). I also threw on my nationals body and slammed it a little lower. I think it looks pretty good, but I don't think it's long before it just rips into like three pieces though.

Last edited by Wrecker; 01-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Lookin Good my lil ax is doing a audtion tape for pimp my ride!! I hope it comes out like yours
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #46
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin92xj View Post
Lookin Good my lil ax is doing a audtion tape for pimp my ride!! I hope it comes out like yours
Nice!

Yeah, I'm not even sure what this will end up turning out like. It's a constant modification process of new and different things and ideas. As long as it stays running most of the time though I'm happy.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

What's that white stuff? Your bodies fugly. I like your dubs. Yo shocks dont match no mo.

Nice ride and yes axials are the diggity bomb. Man those rcp straights look so nice in that last pic.... "buy now"
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

The rig looks sweet. Keep us updated on performance.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #49
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL View Post
The rig looks sweet. Keep us updated on performance.
Thanks and will do.
It just snowed again last night , so hopefully it will soon melt so I can go drive it again. It hasn't been driven in over a month cause of the stupid CO weather and college starting up again.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Looking good there wrecker. I'm interested to see how it does at one of the comps brother, hopefully you can make it to one if school time doesn't interfere.
I found some axial axles from Deadshort, so it looks like I need to figure out a new set-up with them on my rig. It will have to be moved to the axial section also when done.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #51

Default damn

really nice rig!
BASSPROKVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #52
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEW View Post
Looking good there wrecker. I'm interested to see how it does at one of the comps brother, hopefully you can make it to one if school time doesn't interfere.
I found some axial axles from Deadshort, so it looks like I need to figure out a new set-up with them on my rig. It will have to be moved to the axial section also when done.
Thanks Stew, hopefully I can make it to the comp this weekend and test it out.

Nice on the axial axles, you'll like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSPROKVD View Post
really nice rig!
Thanks man.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cembom View Post
What's that white stuff? Your bodies fugly. I like your dubs. Yo shocks dont match no mo.

Nice ride and yes axials are the diggity bomb. Man those rcp straights look so nice in that last pic.... "buy now"
Crawler Ebonics lmao!
J Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Word?

I am interested in the link setup. I have a S-dub (mo EbOnics yo), sw3 on the way but I am a bit lost on what to do with my links. I have seen the stock three links, the TCS mounts, Rcp mounts and custom. Its all so confusing. I simply like the looks of the rear of yours, the straight uppers. I think the tcs mounts have them in closer to the axle right? Well I guess I have to wait for it to get here so I can try some out.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #55
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Word?

I am interested in the link setup. I have a S-dub (mo EbOnics yo), sw3 on the way but I am a bit lost on what to do with my links. I have seen the stock three links, the TCS mounts, Rcp mounts and custom. Its all so confusing. I simply like the looks of the rear of yours, the straight uppers. I think the tcs mounts have them in closer to the axle right? Well I guess I have to wait for it to get here so I can try some out.
I personally like this link setup a lot more than the traditional setup. It seems to perform a lot better and eliminates most of the torque twist without having to use a stiffer spring. I can run losi yellows in on both rear shocks and I get the same torque twist prevention that I was getting with a losi white and a stampede front (stiff, on torque twist side). This way the suspension reacts the same in both directions since the springs are the same instead of acting different right to left because of one spring slot stiffer than the other.

And yes, the TCS link plates give you a similar setup to the standard 4-link design with the uppers coming to the center on the top of the axle.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Thanks. I think I will get the tcs mounts. That way if I dont like it for some reason I can bolt a tlt mount to the top of the servo mount and have a more traditional style like for a tlt. Or I could do it like yours. Thanks alot, all the axial comp builds are awesome. Non wvds, over powered here I come!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #57
[HOONIGAN]

A little sneak peek....

Old 02-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #58
MODERHATER™

Look out....!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Not to ruin the fun but I think FTR already posted a pic
Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #60
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Not to ruin the fun but I think FTR already posted a pic
Yup, I've seen that and replied to his post with the pics if you would have looked.

This is just for people that might not have seen that thread yet.....and I just felt like posting another pic.