Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Battery/charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Battery/charger

I got an AX-10 for Christmas (thanks wife!) and, while the really old nicds and nicd-only charger I have from my RC10 are working, I'm thinking its time to upgrade. What are most people running on their trucks? I'd like a nice, long run time, but want to go with something I can mount lower to bring down the center of gravity. Increased capacity would be a big plus. I've considered Lipos, but am concerned about the cost, and the need to upgrade to a speed controller that has auto-shutoff protection. How are you all mounting your packs? Any suggestions on chargers? I'm looking at the MRC 977, but am also considering a Duratrax pirhana digital. As you can tell, I'm pretty all over the place in making some decisions, and any help is hugely appreciated.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

I just received a MRC 977 charger for Christmas.....I am liking it so far. I like the fact that I can charge 2 bats at the same time. 2 NiMH, 2 NiCd, 2 Lipos, are any combinations.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

the mrc is a good charger and if u are looking to go cheap u can get the 2/3 1500 nimh batt packs built and ready to go for 31.00 shipped and get the plates to put them on for 18.00 shipped i belive.
josh97 is offline   Reply With Quote