RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   shocks and suspention and the glitch (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/98409-shocks-suspention-glitch.html)

killerbootsman 12-31-2007 02:48 PM

shocks and suspention and the glitch

this forum is awsome but has TO MUCH INFO wich gets confusing.
i like the full droop option, i have just stock shocks ( traxxas BB on order) with 50 wgt, and the shocks are fully compressed with that rubber stop inside the shock, the truck clearance is 2'' wich is to low. when it sits on an incline the whole truck leans to the left then when i proceed to crawl the right tire stays up. i tried pen springs on the driver side shocks and it still twists left when on an incline.
* i just looked again and acually if it is faceing up or down it leans to the left, now im more stumped....... i hope the BB shocks and maybe soft springs will work????
also i get alot of glitching from my novak rooster crawler. i tried haveing the rooster and receiver at oposite ends of the truck, i tried fresh batteries, i tried all rooster wires on one side of truck and receiver/antenna on the other. ant it still glitches.

integy 55 turn
2/3 cell
novak rooster crawler
4 link rear
hitec 645mg
tq3
traxxas receiver 3ch
stage 2 mod.

hope someone can help me out..

FightinURfear 12-31-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbootsman (Post 986257)
still glitches.
integy 55 turn
2/3 cell
novak rooster crawler
4 link rear
hitec 645mg
tq3
traxxas receiver 3ch
stage 2 mod.
hope someone can help me out..

X2 on this one. Do we need to have capacitors on the motor? I also have the Integy 55t. My ESC is a Tamiya 101bk, TQ3 TX and RX. Not sure if this thread should be here or under general chat, but what the heck. Thanks in advance.

killerbootsman 12-31-2007 04:36 PM

ive got the 3 capacitors on the motor..

killerbootsman 12-31-2007 04:46 PM

oooops

forgot to mention ive got the ax10 scorpion.

Rockcrawler 12-31-2007 04:47 PM

If you haven't already....

Make sure there are no bare wires.
Move the speed control away from the receiver.

FightinURfear 12-31-2007 05:44 PM

I tried the capacitors and it did not make a differance on my other crawler so I did not put them on my scorpion. HUH, I DUNNO!:twisted:

solomon7 12-31-2007 06:24 PM

You're not the only one. Apparently, this issue was discussed earlier in the forum, andyou can send it in to Novak and they will increase the neutral deadband or something and it fixes the prob. The bummer is there is more play and a slight delay to the drag brake. I'll keep the drag and deal with the glitches until they come up with a better solution. JMTCW
As far as the torque twist, try stiffer oil with a droop setup. Start with 100 weight and see how it is. BTW ya want stiffer springs to fight it if sprung. Alot of twist as I understand comes form the suspension geometry as well. Anyone care to jump in? That's all I got!

ggooler 01-01-2008 07:18 PM

okay guys
ive totally got rid of the glitching from my rooster crawler esc.
i did this with adjusting my radio which is a jr xs3 pro.
the adjustment was with the throttle dead band setting.
pull trigger value of 12 and foward trigger 5.
mine is gone and no effects of losing break or whatever is happening with the esc after being sent in.
not all radios have the t.d.b. setting and these values worked for mine yours may be alitte different play around with it and see if it works or not.
im not sending mine in, thats one of the perks of this esc, is to have good drag brakes and no delay. just my two pennies worth.
hope this helps
g