Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My 2008 Comp Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My 2008 Comp Rig

Built a AX10, and am loving every bit of it! Here is a list of things on it currently, and things at are too go on, etc.

everything is stock on it right now, and the electronics are currently traxxas rustler electronics.

I have a bunch of new electronics that will be going on soon, just need to find time. Has a 55t motor, and a hitec 645mg servo.

Things that will go on soon:
r2d tranny, and the 645 will move to tranny control
The steering will be replaced by a Integy C22435 MG Lg servo.

All the old electronics will be coming off, and what will go up in the place of it is a:

Rooster Crawler ESC
And a new 3 channel radio (not sure what to run yet suggestions are great)
this is what I am thinking maybe just a tq3 modded for rear steer, but with the 3 different modes on the tranny itself, it could be 4 wheel drive one position, the front 2 wheels going w/o brake, then the last position for the brake. Would this work?

Anyway, onto the pics. Already have rock rash on my brand new body from today, and the last is a shot of the old body. I will update with new pics, and progress as it happens!

one more of the old body:

Notice the broken antenna from today?
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Looks good. I have a TQ3 and hate it. I get really bad glitching. I would get a radio that has no crystals. I also have a rooster crawler and love it. I have no glitching from it and I love the drag brake. I guess it is whatever you like.
juststartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I painted my grappler all black also my rig is a twin to yours LOL but not with the rash looks awesome though
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks good! I think the stance is right on and I'm liking these Grappler bodiess more and more. As far as the electronics you plan on running, they sound like a good choice but if your going to put those $$$ electronics in it you might as well go all the way and put in a 2.4 GHZ TX/RX in it. I wouldn't waste my time with the TQ3, although they are good set ups but you might as well go digital. Is the servo digital? If not I'd go digital servo too. Between the spread spektrum digital radio and a digital servo you shouldn't have any glitching.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
Looks good! I think the stance is right on and I'm liking these Grappler bodiess more and more. As far as the electronics you plan on running, they sound like a good choice but if your going to put those $$$ electronics in it you might as well go all the way and put in a 2.4 GHZ TX/RX in it. I wouldn't waste my time with the TQ3, although they are good set ups but you might as well go digital. Is the servo digital? If not I'd go digital servo too. Between the spread spektrum digital radio and a digital servo you shouldn't have any glitching.
I am guessing that it isnt digital? The digitals are like what $150? Around that area right? I am thinking about the spektrum. Just dont know much about them, and the 3rd channel for the r2d tranny.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

just thought i'd say good job on that axial simble on the hood! GOOD JOB SIR!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
just thought i'd say good job on that axial symbol on the hood! GOOD JOB SIR!
fixed that for you too!

Hey, thanx! It would have been better if the black would not have seeped through the tape though, but it isn't too noticable from a distance.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Here are some more pics w/ it stickered up, and my 801rcc Rig Number!

little poser shot
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have a m8 with the spec set up and love it!
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote