Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 1BadJeepBruiser's Ax10 Xtrail Bronco RTR with Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #121
Rock Stacker

i love the build .. i learned a fw things from reading but i have one question ... them links for the rear axle .. did you buy them extra or do they come with the axle sets??? im going to order some ax10's from greathobbies and i jest wanted to brace myself if i had to pay out more
redneck909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

so how do you like your scale chassis? because my freind ordered one for me off the web?
breitenbach14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #123
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck909 View Post
i love the build .. i learned a fw things from reading but i have one question ... them links for the rear axle .. did you buy them extra or do they come with the axle sets??? im going to order some ax10's from greathobbies and i jest wanted to brace myself if i had to pay out more
Are you talking about the 4 links themselves? If so, they are from the kit. I would highly recommend buying the kit. It will make the build easier and whatever you dont use you could always sell off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitenbach14 View Post
so how do you like your scale chassis? because my freind ordered one for me off the web?
Did you read the thread? I gave my opinion of it several times
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #124
Pebble Pounder

That's a great looking Bronco. I've picked up a lot of good info from your thread. Thanks! What body post did you use for the front and rear?
Crutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #125
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutch View Post
That's a great looking Bronco. I've picked up a lot of good info from your thread. Thanks! What body post did you use for the front and rear?
I used ones from a TLT kit, however, your LHS should have a wide variety of different types to choose from. Or I am sure someone here would be willing to sell some tlt ones if really need, I know I have like 6 tlt kits that have most of the extras left over after I built the axles.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

amazing! as all of your builds are. well done.
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

amzing once again mike
you really have some pantients for these things...
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #128
Rock Stacker

Looks awesome and makes me want to build a "scale rig". 2 thumbs up
Focus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #129
RCC Addict

any more vids?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #130

First off I would like to say, nice job. You can see this will be a clean build. I have to give you props for you attention to detail....

except for one little thing (IMO)... the little hinge stickers you have on either side of the front windsheild, on the a-pillars, are actually for the doors and not the windows. Broncos have a large hinge that runs all the way across the bottom of the window frame that alows the windsheild to fold foreword and down.

Just a thought.
rtreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #131
RCC Addict

How are the shocks holding up with just the one O-Ring? I just got some RC4WD shocks and they are horrible so far. I'm going to try your mod. I can't take the sticking... for $60 you'd think they'd be a little smoother.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

i think same of you on this shock ,it s crap.but they are little better with the trik of 1badjeepbruiser.
doudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #133
RCC Addict

This scaler is truly amazing, you make really good threads as well, great pics, great work, and some really good tips and tricks, i lerned a few good things reading this! Great job! thanks!
G-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #134
Pebble Pounder

7 pages and 20 or so minutes later I finish reading. All I can say is WOW, that truck looks amazing!!! Would love to see more from you on this build when you have the time.
DanTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #135
Colt Python/SR9c

Looks great as usual Mike Only thing that I don't care for is the crooked front bumper..
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #136
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtreads View Post
First off I would like to say, nice job. You can see this will be a clean build. I have to give you props for you attention to detail....

except for one little thing (IMO)... the little hinge stickers you have on either side of the front windsheild, on the a-pillars, are actually for the doors and not the windows. Broncos have a large hinge that runs all the way across the bottom of the window frame that alows the windsheild to fold foreword and down.

Just a thought.
You know, I never I realized I did that You would think being that I did own a real one I would know better. Thanks for pointing that out, I am going to get rid of them, maybe try to re stick them on the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
How are the shocks holding up with just the one O-Ring? I just got some RC4WD shocks and they are horrible so far. I'm going to try your mod. I can't take the sticking... for $60 you'd think they'd be a little smoother.
Shocks have been fine thus far, they are ALOT smoother now, just dont put any oil in them. Dont need it really anyway since they have the internal springs, just a drop to lubricate the one O-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTaylor View Post
7 pages and 20 or so minutes later I finish reading. All I can say is WOW, that truck looks amazing!!! Would love to see more from you on this build when you have the time.
the word time seems to be popping up often :-( I did do one other trick'd mod to it, Ill have to snap a pic when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Looks great as usual Mike Only thing that I don't care for is the crooked front bumper..
Your an asshole you want to build my bumper for me ? I never was all that good at brazing, hence why the fo runna still supports the TC built bumpers
Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #137
Sinking with the ship

Ok real quick before I go to bed...

spy shot....see anything different

Ok how bout now REAL style headlights. All you gotta do is order some jugg/high lift roll bar lights and lenses, I got mine from RPPHobby.com, then you cut them off the bar. Dremel the one edge smooth. Then, using a body reamer, ream the head light hole. Depending on the reamer you may need to dremel the hole bigger (I did) . Then just shoe goo it in from the back side. Got this lil tip from Corey @ RPP some time back on his black boyer Bronco.

I got some 40000 MCD, or something crazy like that, LEDs coming for it

O and I added some shock boots too, still need to install the Rancho stickers...when I find some time

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-25-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #138
Pebble Pounder

You used Tamiya Copper. Is this the exact name? And what kind of black did you use? Thanks

I show pics of your Bronco at work & they think it is a real Bronco! It is truly a work of art.
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

Looks nice.....I always like your builds they are top notch.
gyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #140
Sinking with the ship

Gotta love new Hilux parts, when I saw Corey at RPP Hobby had these I knew exactly where they were going

They aren't an exact match to what a real Bronco would have. The 1:1's are more flat and aren't embossed if thats the word you would use, but they look the part. Next up is the turn signals in the grill