Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Miller Lite Edge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtfnarc View Post
Ok I will get on it.... And I am a native TEXAN so we like our Miller Lite!!!!
miller is south african, texas is still in the US isn't it?

nice build so far, goingto watch and see how it evolves
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by william g View Post
miller is south african, texas is still in the US isn't it?

nice build so far, goingto watch and see how it evolves

Nope .... Miller Brewing Company Fort Worth Texas
adtfnarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #23

Who the hell cares where Miller beer is from?!?! I like this dudes rig!!!

I can forsee my AX10 looking kinda cloneish in the near future.

BTW - Miller Brewing Company is owned by a South African company. But again, who the hell cares. It's good beer and South Africa is a nice place.
For those whom have never been there, the hunting is excellent and there are some great places to do some awsome crawling!!! Moab would be quite jealous.
Rather-B-Huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

What size is your servo sleeving? 1/8?
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Exactly, I prefer the 4 link conversion and dspacing up the upper links from the axle. That works awsome.
Kamikaze- would you be so kind as to post a picture of the four link conversion?

That would be swell!
funboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Exactly, I prefer the 4 link conversion and dspacing up the upper links from the axle. That works awsome.

I dont quite understand what you are saying. i am not trying to rag on tcs I would have just liked to see this as an option. I have the four link conversion for both the front and the back from tcs and I have an xtrail frame and I am inlove with both of them. I am just saying I would like to see that as an option on a future revamp if it ever happens. And Eeepee I understand that not everybody wants to longer links but I am sure a lot fo those people havent tried them I personally think that it makes a well worth while upgrade.
Matt_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Good looking Edge! You got wires going everywhere!!
crawlbe4youwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_b View Post
I dont quite understand what you are saying. i am not trying to rag on tcs I would have just liked to see this as an option. I have the four link conversion for both the front and the back from tcs and I have an xtrail frame and I am inlove with both of them. I am just saying I would like to see that as an option on a future revamp if it ever happens. And Eeepee I understand that not everybody wants to longer links but I am sure a lot fo those people havent tried them I personally think that it makes a well worth while upgrade.

Yeah, we have talked about it. Here is my rear suspension, sorry for the hijack.
Attached Images

Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #29

Ok here is an update and what I have done...

1. Got rid of the axial green by using oven cleaner. I placed the parts in a glass bowl and then sprayed the oven cleaner in the bowl. I shook the bowl moving the parts around for about five minutes then removed the parts and washed them with water. I then painted the parts with some flat black paint I found around the house.

2. I was running a 55 turn novak but have switched to a 45 turn and like the extra wheel speed I am getting.

3. I covered all the wires with some stuff I found at frys. Just to go with the black theme.

4. I painted the panels with a black red combo. First a light dusting of red them followed by good ole black.

5. The trays inside the body I made from some lexan I picked up at the local Home Depot.

6. I am still playing with the suspension and kinda like this setup. I got the idea from another member and thought I would try it. This far I am pleased with it. The front is droop.

7. Well on with the pictures..... Tell me what you think... And rear dig setup is in the near future....

Old 01-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #30

Forgot a couple of things... I added some weight to the wheel by wrapping them with some 12 gauge copper wire I had in the tool box.

I added the TSC knuckles to the front and the straight axles and axle adapters to the rear...
Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #31

Default looks good

i was wonder where and what you put over your wires. It looks like braided fuel lines. If they are, where did you get them.
BASSPROKVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSPROKVD View Post
i was wonder where and what you put over your wires. It looks like braided fuel lines. If they are, where did you get them.
its just cable sleeving. i know radio shack has it but you can probably get it at any electrical store or maybe the hardware store too.
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote