Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: The Wombat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

The preload on the LH spring was an attempt to reduce torque twist. The pics are from a testing run, and much as changes with the shocks. I was having binding as the suspension cycled, and had to play with shock and link placement to get it smoothed out. I spent a couple of hours today trying different setups for the rear suspension. Tomorrow I will work on getting the front set up refined.
dystance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

my rigs never really done, but I will call this one done, for the moment.

pictures best explain the set up:

ride height:

full droop:

front setup:

rear setup:

Old 01-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

test run in t he snow.

I have a small testing area in the front yard. Got out testing with Skippy today and an impressed with the performance of the Wombat. Seems stable and predictable. I will continue to experiment with the setup, but it seems to be very agile.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good man, I think I saw this rig in Hobbytown the other day maybe last week sometime. I think skippy had it, i've only seen him once at the horsetooth comp but I think it was him. You gonna compete in the winter series at all?
Roadbiker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Roadbiker3 - you may have seen him there with it, I think I was there to. I am planning on getting to as many comps as life allows. Getting my new career off the ground so time is tight. I am hoping we set another date for a comp up here at horsetooth reservoir this winter. I am bummed I could not make the Palmer Park comp, always great courses.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I really wanted to make it there as well but the time just wasn't right, kids were sick wife was tired. Same ol stuff plus a 2 + hr. drive doesn't help either. So horsetooth needs to be a comp spot soon, can't wait.
Roadbiker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

got out for the first real test. Overall I am impressed. Just added a suck wench to the front but I have not used it much. Wheelspeed is reasonable and runtime is about 30-40 minutes the way I drive.

I need to finetune the shock setup to free up some more articulaton. Other than that I am happy with i so far. Seems to have good side hill, good climbing ability, and stable.

Pictures

using suck wench to pull front end down.

needs a little more flex

Old 01-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #28
MODERHATER™

Looks hot man!! You and Skippy did a real good job on this one!

How do you like the Proline beadlocks? What are you doing for foam in the front, looks a little soft.....

Keep an eye on those thin tin strips on your batteries. I have been seeing alot of them melting, there should be battery bars in there for optimal performance!

Oh, and I forgot how do you like brushless?

Last edited by 666; 01-27-2008 at 06:24 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

The prolines seem great. I mounted them up and have had no issues. Still seem to have a weakness in the hardware being tiny and will likely to have to be tapped with larger bolts after a few tire changes.

The foams are memory foam from a pillow I had. They seem a bit stiffer inthe cold, so maybe I make them my winter foams. It is soft, but seems to sidewall OK, not flopping over too much.

Thanks for the tip on the battery bars, I will look into that.

The brushless seems to do well. My rig is light and seems smooth and has plenty of power, and wheelspeed.

Did you notice a set of Skippy's custom skid plates? They are not pretty but they really help prevent hangups. I may stick with them.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #30
MODERHATER™

No I did not notice the Skippy sleds!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote