Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: My experience thus far.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My experience thus far.

^^^ Hhahahahhaa........^^^^^

What he said!
trevinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #42

Talking Re: My experience thus far.

Thats cald humor with illiterate . Went back and read it doc got me doped up. Dude at axial told me turn trim back . Mine turns so deep pop axle out of hub. no
More blogn till im back home and off meds.
MAKRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Wtf did you just say?
Aaahhh he's just trying to sound like Tim Cameron on Pirate4x4. Timmie does that crap to confuse the hell out of the old guys on there to get them started. Its kinda funny when you read em.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

That was funny though, I spit coke all over my monitor thanks duuuuuuuuuuuude or should I say thanks makrodz!
simp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #45

Im just glad to know cracked you guys up . Back at house and not see ing double . Picted up short hants txting . But Tim doesnt live too far from TN coud be genetic .As soon as im up and walking I see what else can break .Going to lower it and gite softer springs any opinons on which springs are best for crawling and slight bashing .
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #46

I too have had the same issues with loose or stripped screws. A friend of mine got his ridgecrest a week after me and had almost all the same problems. I have since then replaced what I could with fine thread screws and loctite as all screws were loose out of the box. I ve replaced the c hubs , steering hubs, and all the links but my issue now is the axel housing where the screw that holds the c hub down is stripped and I'm gonna have to replace with an aluminum housing when I get the cash. I used to call my truck the ten min rule cuz it couldn't go ten min without something falling off but now that everything except the issue with the hubs it's pretty reliable and a good crawler. Axial def should have not used coarse self tapping screws. My buddy did call axial and complain and they sent him everything he asked for even a new futaba servo. I didn't call since I figured it would b for not with a ten day warranty
Jbfranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #47
RCC Addict

I agree there are small quality control issues with the RidgeCrest mainly loose and missing screws. But..... Shouldn't you take the time to go over the rig and make sure it's ready to run. I go over my rig before and after every run... Even during a trail run or comp I'm checking things. Thought that was part of this hobby.

That being said my Stock RidgeCrest was missing 2 screws and a few needed tightening. After this I have definitely beat the snot out of it as well as my son taking it for a 2 hour tail run through, deep mud, mucky water and dirt, sand, bushes and even jumping tree stumps and nothing has broken. It is a stock RidgeCrest with the exception of 2.2 Rocksters and PitBulls. Maybe I'm having good luck with mine. But I never believe that RTR means Ready To Run..... Ready To Replace. Just replace some needed items and it should be pretty durable.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I had an ax10 rtr and it was fun. The axles right now have aluminum knuckles, c's, and rear lock outs. Other than those and some marine grease they're all stock. Maybe it's just the rtr ridgecrest or a bad batch. Although, you should switch to aluminum knuckles, c's, and lock outs anyway so that the surrability will be a lot better, and you won't have to replace them unless your super super super hard on them.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #49

Switch C hub screws with fine thread screws . I also added some plastic shock valves as washer on hubs . As for the short screws had grind or use cut off wheel to shorten same fine thread screws. Beat buying 2 bags screws . And alot cheaper than upgrading to aluminim.

My experience thus far. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me pick please - experience is a plus. O.C.D. Tires and Wheels 9 07-22-2008 07:23 PM
Does anyone have any experience with.... kaetwo General Scale Talk 4 07-16-2008 11:05 AM
Anyone else experience this? ecoli Electronics 7 04-16-2008 04:59 PM
My first Goliath experience fetish General Crawlers 21 08-12-2007 07:55 PM
my 1:18 experience dhoffroad General Crawlers 15 01-26-2006 10:53 PM