Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: TINY's piece by piece ridgecrest.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default TINY's piece by piece ridgecrest.

There are a couple kids that always hang out when me and some buddies hit up the local spot for trailing and crawling. So I built them a ridgecrest to run with us.I hunted down the cheapest parts I could find. Some new some used. Some people on here gave me real good deals on some stuff and some just gave me stuff..I forgot to make a list of the people but you know who you are...so thank you once again. I traded for a set of ar60's.Bought a metal steering link. I then got some plastic links. Bought the chassis (ebay), body posts (ebay). I had the shocks from a wraith I had. For powering it I went to a $11.00 no name ESC I got off ebay...(works like a champ) And for a motor I went with a Frankenstein built 27T beast. It started life as a 27T epic stock motor. But shortly became a torque monster of a brute. My buddy builds motors and this is one of his finest..I think....lol Well on 2s it'll pull the front wheels on a roll. It'll stand up on the tailgate from a dead stop.For a body I paid for shipping and somebody sent me some parts and a stock body. I couldn't leave the body alone so I peeled the decals off and painted it metal flake blue over a white base. I then blacked out the windows.I then slapped on some sponsor decals, a cut up grill from a slash, and a set of head lights from a proline suzuki... I think...lol
So the last thing was the tires and wheels.I done some trading and got a set from a gmade r1.. I still need a front bumper.I have the side bars I just need the bumper itself..And here's how it looks as of now..

T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TINY's piece by piece ridgecrest.

That's cool. I always take extra trucks when I go to the park and let kids drive them around. I think that makes the parents mad because then the kids start wanting there own. Lol
lee250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:59 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee250 View Post
That's cool. I always take extra trucks when I go to the park and let kids drive them around. I think that makes the parents mad because then the kids start wanting there own. Lol

Haha! It's nice thing for the kids but I see your point about the parents. (being a parent myself)
Crawler++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I see your point BUT...that's why I built this truck.......I've never seen they're parents around.I think they're just turned loose in the park and not the the main thing on their parents minds..It's sad but I'm trying to keep them happy. At least for the time we're there. I may have to build some sort of go fast as well. I'm thinking something cheap on parts and a buggy maybe.So I'll start looking for a 4x4 buggy of some sort that I can Frankenstein together...lol
Old 03-28-2015, 12:41 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Hi Tiny, I think that is one AWESOME idea to build a truck just for some kids , here in Germany most people dont really care what thier kids are doing as long as they (the parents) are left to do what they want .

Your ridge looks great, sounds like it runs good too!!!!
Phatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:49 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatz View Post
Hi Tiny, I think that is one AWESOME idea to build a truck just for some kids , here in Germany most people dont really care what thier kids are doing as long as they (the parents) are left to do what they want .

Your ridge looks great, sounds like it runs good too!!!!
Sorry to hear that's how it is for the kids. But you have a lot of that here as well. Thanks for saying my truck looks good.. And yes it runs very well...lol
Old 03-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm looking into some more bodies that fit pretty easily without to much cutting modifying .
Old 05-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Nice to see someone doing something nice for the less fortunate in their local community, most people wouldn't bother!

Great to hear about it, hope they have fun
bradyrx70 is offline   Reply With Quote

TINY's piece by piece ridgecrest. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build up of Axial; Kit or piece by piece? Patrinos Newbie General 5 04-29-2010 09:52 AM
Here a piece, there a piece, everywhere a piece mattnin Chit Chat 8 02-27-2006 12:06 AM