Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: Axial AX10 Deadbolt Bumpers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #1

Default Axial AX10 Deadbolt Bumpers

I didn't care for the fact I had no bumpers on this, So, here is what I did.
I ordered the Ridgecrest bumper kid and only used the Bumpers, nothing else from the bumper kit was need.
I had to trim the bumpers as so they would not get hung up in the tires.

I purchased some small screws, some aluminum sticks, flat bar and angle from the local hardware store.

I propped up the skidplate, undone the shocks and took some measurements of the possible shock holes. I drilled the holes in the aluminum angle and then bolted the shocks back into place (I need more screws as I planed on using at least two holes at each shock mounting location)

I then took the harder, thicker backing from a note pad and used it to make the pattern up that was going to use to bend up the flat bar.
I bent those up in the vice and drilled the holes and used nuts and bolts to bolt them on.
I also put in a cheep set of LED lights that I got off eBay.
Once I had all those drilled and installed, I took a small bottle of Tac cement and dabbed it on the back of the lights so they would not pop out, then swiped some finger nail polish and dabbed that on the bolts as so they would not back out, kind of like a poor mans loc tight.

I was just able to plug the light in so when the main switch is turned on, the LED lights now turn on and seal up the radio box again.

Just took it out and ran it around and then found that the bumpers are working like I hoped they would.

Next I will put in those other nuts and bolts just behind the upper shocks to make things a little more sturdy in case I hit something harder than I want.

Pictures might not be in order.
Attached Images

Last edited by Helmar; 05-02-2015 at 11:20 PM. Reason: needed to pay dues again
Helmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Axial AX10 Deadbolt Bumpers

You should paint the aluminum black. I just ordered a deadbolt off of ebay and bumpers will be going on somehow. That, and scale lights. The thing I bought is coming with a silly strong mamba monster 2 and the castle 4074 2200 kv sensorless motor. Hopefully it crawls okay.

How do the bumpers hold up, and they secure?
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #3

Default Re: Axial AX10 Deadbolt Bumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
You should paint the aluminum black. I just ordered a deadbolt off of ebay and bumpers will be going on somehow. That, and scale lights. The thing I bought is coming with a silly strong mamba monster 2 and the castle 4074 2200 kv sensorless motor. Hopefully it crawls okay.

How do the bumpers hold up, and they secure?
Yes, the plan was to paint it black after I pulled it and drilled out the other shock holes. The plan is to put screws in the extra shock holes for better holding power. I also need to file and trim the angle plates I put on the front and rear before painting.

The bumpers were for the Ridgecrest and I only used a few pieces of them. With a little modification, they fit pretty good.
As fare as testing, all I had done with it at this point is push up against the rocks to help lift the front end. It is fairly solid but until I get the other screws into the other shock holes, not planing on hitting anything hard.

Good luck with your eBay order, hope you have better luck then me with them.

Last edited by Helmar; 05-24-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Helmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial AX10 Deadbolt Bumpers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Ax10 Deadbolt and AE-5 Geck0Jeep Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 10-01-2014 08:54 AM
axial ax10 deadbolt crawlernoobie209 Newbie General 4 07-16-2014 08:50 AM
Axial AX10 Deadbolt Lentsnh2012 General Crawlers 4 10-29-2013 12:10 PM