Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: Bumper mounts, bumpers and trail armor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Bumper mounts, bumpers and trail armor

Hooray eBay, I picked up an ax10 deadbolt with castle hardware for a low price. Although it hasn't arrived, I am trying to buy everything I need for it this weekend.

While I have seen various bumper assemblies, is there a con census on the best way to install front and rear bumpers and what parts are needed? I have seen a single post on input and it looked like zip ties were used. This guy seems to have the ideal set up but I can't find how he did it.

Deadbolt Lighting

I also can't seems to find any recommendations for fender flairs which I think would look great. The final product will be all crawler and part scaler. I intend to add a winch and handfuls of LEDs if I can figure out the bumper situation.

Additionally how are people mounting headlights into the body? I presume it is with the axial housings we are all familiar with, but can someone confirm that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by MeanTT; 05-23-2015 at 05:12 PM.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #2

Default Re: Bumper mounts, bumpers and trail armor

I bought a set of lights off of amazon, they were like 3 bucks a set. Came with two clear for headlights, and two red for tail lights. Put them on my stock Deadbolt body, and on my sons SCX10. I just drilled a hole, pushed them through, and tightened them down with the supplied nut and washer. The lights where threaded and plugged right into my servo. I pasted a link to the lights I bought below:

Amazon.com: RC Model Car Truck Simulated LED Headlight System 2x 5mm & 2x 3mm Night Lamp: Electronics
tarpon4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bumper mounts, bumpers and trail armor

Do a search for "mounting bumpers on an ax10", there's a bunch
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote