Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: Can't find regular orange wheel nuts for my deadbolt ax10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

Default Can't find regular orange wheel nuts for my deadbolt ax10

Hi all, I really like the color orange, and the next thing that I was interested in adding to go along with the orange body, orange 1230sg servo, and the orange spur gear cover, was going to be as well I am going to paint the springs orange when I put them on the traxxas big bores I have coming... I cannot find orange aluminium standard wheel nuts exactly like the stock ones except orange... Could anybody help me out? Its a silly thing but I am going all out on the orange lol...

Thanks
-Spence
Spencecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Can't find regular orange wheel nuts for my deadbolt ax10

I know HPI used to make some, as I have a set, but it looks like they're discontinued. The closest thing I know of are these Triad nuts from Avid.

Actually, the HPI's I have might be STRC, that I pulled off an HPI. Here's a link...

I hope this helps!
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 AM   #3

silly question is that site the legit STRC website? I just wanted to make sure as I have to fill out a form to purchase
Ugh its $10 to ship the wheel nuts errgg I found some Hot Racing ones with nice orange aluminium caps that go over the nuts for $9
I tried to get some other stuff but the order was $40 I need some self control lol I just spent $46 on traxxas big bores

Last edited by Spencecrawler; 01-16-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I don't recommend painting springs at all. When they flex, even powdercoating comes off most of the time.

Just your standard 5mm axles right? Anything special about the axles? Not running 6mm or 8mm stubs are you? Those run an M4 threaded locknut:

Looks like most of your options are going to come from China.
M4 Orange Color Aluminum Flanged Nylon Lock Nut 5pcs Lot Nut Aluminum Nuts New | eBay
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #5

The Hot racing ones were a 4mm and my deadbolt ax10 has 4mm thread stub axles

guys I just sunk my deadbolt in a semi frozen lake sh*t
well time to build another or I hopefully can retrieve what I have

Last edited by THX_138; 01-23-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencecrawler View Post
guys I just sunk my deadbolt in a semi frozen lake sh*t
well time to build another or I hopefully can retrieve what I have
Did you recover it or is it gone?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #7

Unhappy

I can't find it, but I just won an ebay auction for $214 shipped for a nearly new ax10 deadbolt missing a body.

It had rocksters beadlocks, axial metal gears, jeep cherokee body, 1230sg servo, axial universals, STRC steering links, custom sensorless bl system setup for crawling, I lost a 2200 3s battery, custom metal links... What happened was it did somersaults uncontrollably and then slowly sank and I couldn't get to it in time. I think its gone. My parents said they are going to help me look for it but I think its gone..

Parts I already bought for the new incoming deadbolt : I happened to have a set of pl 2.2" super swampers free from warranty, so I bought another pair, and a robinson racing metal lower and idler tranny gear... That's it... I also have an rc4wd 35T boost motor lying around, thinking of getting an ae-5 esc for now, and try to sell the now 2 ae-2's I have... So I could run 3s

I just got traxxas big bores in the mail today too waahhhhh

My plan is: if I can't successfully find the chassis I am going to keep the "new" one and if I can find the chassis I am buying new electronics and selling the new one...

The lake I actually own part of so yea, I mean I am betting that all of the electronics are gone, if I can get the chassis back I will be happy... I have a friend that has a wet suit I wanna see if I put a prize of $40 if he finds it if he will do it... What happened was it fell through the ice...

Last edited by THX_138; 01-23-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Spence, your rig just plummeted to the depths an ocean in scale terms anyway. And your all "ah well, broke through the ice, ordered another no biggie"

Cracking me up man. I hope you get it. Have you thought about maybe tieing on some 80lb fishing braid to a Deep diving crankbait and just bouncing the bottom of the pond with it for a few hours after the ice thaws. Go buy some extra extra big treble hooks and put them on it......I have retrieved dropped fishing rods this way. Or better yet just get a 2 oz egg sinker and attatch a 8 ought treble and drag the bottom with it??? Just trying to help. Good luck man, yes Im still laughing.....
This thread has all the makings of an EPIC.
Please keep us posted.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

You need to find a way to get your AX10 out of that lake bud. Thats not cool at all. Some parts will probably be ruined by now. That sucks...A 40$ reward might help. You may be able to take apart and clean and dry stuff and see if anything comes back. Best of luck Let us know what happens if you find it.

Last edited by THX_138; 01-22-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #10

Aight my dad is so nice, he's working from home to help me fish for it, wish me luck guys and I had to pay the $214 for the deadbolt ax10 still a good deal lightly used, but I may cannibalize it if I find the old one for parts... The kid that has a wet suit is a friend of my bro's that isn't really even my friend, I was gonna offer him $40 if he found it but my brother cut me off
you guys are all like behind the screen

Hey guys amazingly all I lost was my new 2200 3s floureon battery, the esc had water inside of it, its fine, the servo had water in it, its fine, the guts of it are sitting in a zip lock bag with silica gel packets... The receiver is fine lol, the tires foams filled up with water but I have new ones that I am going to cut and install

Well guys its all back together, I have a question, I wanted to get these beadlocks, will super Pro-line TSL super swampers xl's fit? My rocksters beadlocks are on their way out... Hot Racing Steel 2.2 Beadlock 6-Lug Wagon Wheels for 12mm Hex (Raw)(4) BLW22S18 | eBay
I like that they are raw steel so I could spray paint them orange, and I like the 3 piece design as its likely stronger in terms of bead holding right?
It actually looks like I didn't even lose the battery either, I used my charger on NIMH mode, and jumped the 3s 2200 back to life and all the cells balanced up and everything!

Good idea or?

Last edited by THX_138; 01-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Can't find regular orange wheel nuts for my deadbolt ax10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regular SCX10 Wheel Well compatibility Wes S. Axial SCX10 II 1 06-16-2016 02:51 PM
AX10 deadbolt body on SCX10 deadbolt BrianP Axial SCX-10 3 11-08-2015 04:51 PM
Help me find some nuts. rbgerrish Chit Chat 11 08-25-2011 09:08 PM
Can anyone tell me where to find these TLT axle nuts? speedemall General Crawlers 4 10-06-2008 09:05 PM