Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: Any one ever use Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Any one ever use Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm?

SCP125E20

Alright, I have searched and searched, but cannot find any reviews on this Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm, even though it's been out since 2014. Does anyone have any experience they can provide? Was it for a certain transmission that's since been discontinued? Was it a failure? A joke? The part-that-must-not-be-named?

My interest in it, is to find a low cost alternative to the aftermarket extended outputs for the AX10/SCX10 transmission. I actually have an HR SCP38ST05 Complete Steel Gear Transmission Gearbox - AX10 SCX10, and want to use a custom spur gear cover, but the MIP Splined CVD's, which I'm also planning to use, will rub against it, which is a known issue. This is ultimately for an upcoming AX10 Ridgecrest build. If anyone can shed some light on that part, I'd appreciate it.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Any one ever use Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm?

They work great. I like these because the output shaft is one piece which is perfect if your using different ring and pinion ratios front and rear. I always use red loctite on the set screw that retains the pin that holds the hub on to the shaft. There's at least 3 different styles, this one, one that is extended the same length as this one but only on one side and another that is extended only on one side but half the distance as this one.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Any one ever use Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm?

Thanks for the response! I'm curious why the single piece shaft would be much more beneficial for running alternate ring & pinion ratios, as opposed to the outputs which mount to the main gear?
I mostly just need one side to be longer, in order put the large end of the MIP cvd past the edge of the spur gear cover. I'll probably go ahead and get one, since they're fairly inexpensive.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:13 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Thanks for the response! I'm curious why the single piece shaft would be much more beneficial for running alternate ring & pinion ratios, as opposed to the outputs which mount to the main gear?
I mostly just need one side to be longer, in order put the large end of the MIP cvd past the edge of the spur gear cover. I'll probably go ahead and get one, since they're fairly inexpensive.

So have you buy one already? Please update us here, pictures and instructions on how to install would be great and appreciate

Thank you
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
So have you buy one already? Please update us here, pictures and instructions on how to install would be great and appreciate

Thank you
I did buy the part, but never got around to installing it. If I ever do, I'll try and post up, but I have a feeling I'll end up building it up in a way that doesn't require that part.

Any one ever use Hot Racing SCP125T20 Extend Locked Differential Hub Spool 20mm? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing differential locker issue ecoli Axial Wraith 37 12-17-2015 11:40 AM
hot racing scx10 locked transmission? snapon boy General Scale Talk 4 02-01-2015 06:36 PM
hot racing alum locked tranny lizard017 General Crawlers 1 02-19-2012 12:55 PM